First Look – Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Bird of Prey and Ten Putters

36-54 more on these today. Will have more thoughts to write up from yesterday and today, tonight.

I implore you if you have any questions, please post them up and I’ll address them all as best I can!

36-54 more on these today. Will have more thoughts to write up from yesterday and today, tonight.

I implore you if you have any questions, please post them up and I’ll address them all as best I can!

The insert is the thing I would love to hear continued feedback on. That, to me, is the biggest thing here between the SL that was already released and these.

Talk a little about the headweight and how it feels paired with the SL tech.... Can you feel the putter head through the stroke or is it too light?

How about video of the sound at impact ?

How about video of the sound at impact ?
Eh. I’m indifferent on those to be honest. It never captures entirely accurately. I’ll see what I can do though.

I may or may not have started the conversation to preorder these.... if you are going to preorder DEFINITELY contact @Ryan_BudgetGolf

Will be well worth your while.

Yup, these are drawing me in and I may have also started a conversation. My issue is I can't decide which I think I like better, they are both great looking putters...

For the number one putter brand in the world and the winningest putter brand every single year, that shouldn’t be an issue.

Agree. Someone will win with it soon enough. The only thing that would bite them in the butt a little would be if Phil won this week after switching back, but I don’t see that one happening.

Is the insert the same as or even more firm than the first iteration of SL Odyssey putters?

Is the insert the same as or even more firm than the first iteration of SL Odyssey putters?
Mentioned it in the article but in the Black series (these) versus the Silver (other line and first SL iteration) the insert is more firm.

I heard Sean Toulon discuss that the Bird of Prey putter is probably geared for a player who misses putts left a lot (my miss). It's easier to keep square through impact. Do you see this as well?

@Jman can you liken the bird of prey size-wise to any other mallets? i'm infinitely more interested in the 10, tbh. but i'd like to know more about the bop.

FAEFE90F-4B9F-484F-83E9-1089FE87549B.jpeg

Everyone just ignore what I'm doing for the time being.

I saw these posted to social media before but as I read Jman’s review and see the line more, I don’t mind the all black version not coming to retail

b6720e9b208ad5f418b2d4e0821afaed.jpg

So I asked this question on Twitter and Nate Adelman and Luke Williams both answered me saying:

The shaft is new but the change is only cosmetic. No more weave pattern on the shaft.

Also, oversized grips are the preferred stock grips for double bend putters where as the pistol grips are preferred stock grips on straight shaft putters but both oversized / pistol are available as stock options on either putter.

Did they give a reason for the grip sizes? Preference/needs of a SBST vs arc swing?

Did they give a reason for the grip sizes? Preference/needs of a SBST vs arc swing?

Pretty much that. Oversized tends to be preferred method for SBST while pistol allows for the wrist manipulation associated with the arc swing

i want triple track lines on that 10 black head a la the tuttle. just 3 solid white lines that align perfectly with that sweet sweet triple track aid.

i want triple track lines on that 10 black head a la the tuttle. just 3 solid white lines that align perfectly with that sweet sweet triple track aid.

It's amazing how well that frames the ball. Even bouncing between a Toulon and my 7S, the TT aid just makes it all feel like it's the same.

Are you able to change the weights?

I want this.

9A86D96D-4A47-4D84-AF84-E6BA4E78882B.png

C7B700D0-BD82-412F-8B55-1A5DFA648936.jpeg

Back