First Round of 18 Holes

AdamsGirl

Reaction score
Handicap
Improving
So today 9-Iron Man and I went golfing at Black Bull Golf Course again and played the Championship Course. It was my first round of 18 holes played since I started taking up the game a couple months ago.

I was quite proud of myself! I didn't have a fantastic round by any stretch but shot a 138 overall: 68 on the front nine and 70 on the back nine. I know that this isn't great but I know that this is only the beginning and I need to start from somewhere.... It can only get better from here and I am looking forward to the challenge.

We may be going out again this weekend (we need to rest a bit as we are sore from golfing the past three days) with some family to play some more rounds of golf before its back to the grind at work on Monday.

Well Done AG:banana:

Thats not a bad start, hope you break 100 soon!

welcome to the wonderful world of golf.....you'll only get more and more addicted. glad you guys are having a good time, that's what matters the most.

You got out there and played, that's what counts. How did it feel?

Great to hear AG. Nice to hear the positive attitude, I need you golfing with me, haha

Thanks to everyone for their support.

Sean, it felt great. I am kind of a competitive person by nature so beating 9-Iron Man's score on my first round made me feel like my game is definitely off to a good start. Haha!

Sean, it felt great. I am kind of a competitive person by nature so beating 9-Iron Man's score on my first round made me feel like my game is definitely off to a good start. Haha!
:alien2::alien2::alien2::alien2:

So you are beating up on the old man huh :D.... Sounds like someone else I know and you know her as KellyBo :deadhorse:....

Good report AG and it's only going to get better! The bond you will make with new golfing buddies is a lifelong treat :eek:)....
It seems like the number of friends just keeps on growing and the trips, fun, & excitement makes the game addictive.

That is so great to hear!! I can't wait to play with you at the outing we are going to have a blast. It is all about going out there and having fun. We will cheer together on the good shots and laugh together on the bad, because there is no need to get angry at them just laugh and enjoy yourself. And remember the all important rule of thumb; if you swing the club and miss the ball....that was just a 'practice swing' :smile:

congrats on your first 18 hole round.....as long as you had that 1 shot that keeps you coming back for more, you will be hooked for life

great job on your first round!! Keep it up and you will be breaking 100 in no time.

Thanks for keeping my spirits up everyone! ... We didn't go golfing again today but are talking about playing 9 holes tomorrow.... Have to see what the weather brings us first....

I like the way you think GolferGal. I definitely have to play by that motto, haha! Looking forward to playing with you as well.

That is a great 1st round of 18! Everyone is right. The more you play the better your scores will get and besides, sounds like you having fun; which is what the real point of the game is.

Thanks MaryC, I do have fun when I am playing the game.

I think that was about the same score I took on my first 18 about a year ago. I've been hooked ever since. Nothing like that one great shot to make you dream of the next time you can get on the course. Keep it up!

great stuff AG. keep having fun out there, that's definitely the most important thing. have a great weekend out on the course.

Just thought I'd chime in here. Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement for AG. I know it means a lot to her.

And to AG, I'm really glad you had fun!!

Back