Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade R1 Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
fingers crossed!!!!!!!!! very excited about this one!!!

Hey, just joined the Albatross Club. How long does it take for my profile to reflect it? Is there something I have to do or does it update automatically?

Usually 24-48 hours. I wouldn't be surprised if you had the logo below your name by tomorrow afternoon though but figure a day or so to be safe.

fingers crossed!!!!!!!!! very excited about this one!!!

Ain't that the truth. Its always exciting around these parts when a new testing lineup is announced. Not just for the people to be announced, but also for the wealth of information that will soon be shared through the testing process! Its amazing to see how much hard work THPers put into their gear testing.

Hey, just joined the Albatross Club. How long does it take for my profile to reflect it? Is there something I have to do or does it update automatically?

Hey Papa, I joined for 2013 tonight too. Give it some time and you'll see the badge show up. Nothing for you to do but be patient now. Congrats on joining!

'Grats on joining, solid decision, you are going to enjoy this place.

1. What driver are you currently playing?
Taylormade R9
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver?
Stiff flex
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver?
mid
4. What loft are you playing in your driver?
5. Are you able to play golf right now?
Yes

thank you taylormade and THP

Cmon tell us the names! hehe

Looking forward to seeing who the testers are for this great opportunity!

There should be some very excited people in here later today!

What I am really looking forward to is how quickly the testers will find out what loft can do for them.

1.what driver are u currently playing? Taylormade r11s tp
2. What shaft and shaft flex is your driver? Aldila rip stiff
3.what ball flight do u see out of your driver? High ball flight left to right
4. What loft are u playing in your driver? Driver is 9.5 but have it set at 8
5. Are u able to play golf right now? Yes and can't wait to be a tester.

Thanks for the opportunity, would be greatly appreciated if I were picked

What I am really looking forward to is how quickly the testers will find out what loft can do for them.

Rather than start low and go higher, I think people, and I will if I'm selected, should start at the highest and slowly bring it down.

TTing

Rather than start low and go higher, I think people, and I will if I'm selected, should start at the highest and slowly bring it down.

TTing

I'm with you. I've always went with the lower loft becasue I always thought it would give more distance. But I'm starting to rethink this. With a club that has several degrees possible, I may finally be able to make that change with one driver and not have to keep buying a different one to determine the right loft, face angle, etc. I'll start high and work my way down. Maybe I'm thinking in reverse as far as distance goes.

TTing

To your point Thain, it sounds like from Hawk's testing that the shaft is not one of the typical soft stock shafts. With that being the case, I think starting high and working downward is an excellent idea with these.

One of the great things about Forum Testing on THP, is that everyone has their own testing style and way of doing things, and there really is no "wrong" way to do it.

For me, when testing begins, I plan on putting the driver on a similar loft as to my current gamer, as it is a loft I am comfortable with and has treated me well in my current driver for the past year. Will see what the results do for me, and from there will tinker with the loft setting, higher/lower etc.

I would start in the neutral position and begin tweaking from there, I think it would be interesting to hit it on every setting and see the differences on the monitor as well as the range. It doesn't seem like finding a setting is going to be impossible on this thing, there are just too many options.

One of the great things about Forum Testing on THP, is that everyone has their own testing style and way of doing things, and there really is no "wrong" way to do it.

For me, when testing begins, I plan on putting the driver on a similar loft as to my current gamer, as it is a loft I am comfortable with and has treated me well in my current driver for the past year. Will see what the results do for me, and from there will tinker with the loft setting, higher/lower etc.

I think that's a great idea. If picked I was thinking leaving it at 10.5 stiff stock and then after that jack the loft up. I think I got some of my most consistent swings when I had the r11s on its highest loft

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I don't know if I was given the wrong info, but I was told higher loft will help with a slice. So having a driver you can adjust as far as loft goes is pretty cool. You can adjust the loft as your game improves. That's what my R9 did for me. I no my comment is out of left field , bit that's something I think can really help people.

I am really excited to be able to try a higher lofted club regardless of me being selected for this testing. Getting on a launch monitor with something higher than a 10.5 is something I am really looking forward to experimenting with. The reason I have been swinging an A flex is because I needed a higher ball flight and the 10.5 just wasnt getting me what I wanted with an R flex. I am really excited to hear the feedback from this testing and know everyone will do a great job.

I think that's a great idea. If picked I was thinking leaving it at 10.5 stiff stock and then after that jack the loft up. I think I got some of my most consistent swings when I had the r11s on its highest loft

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Exciting to be able to go over a 10.5 right Taylor? I hate that about LH clubs that 10.5 is our highest option without having to go the adjustable route.

I can't wait to see who gets to test this beast out. I've never played an adjustable driver before so it would be really fun to try out all the settings. I have an idea of what my setting would be from the R1 app for iPhone, but it would be really interesting to try out all the combos to see what they do. I'm sure I would find some of them quite funny. The other people at the range would probably think I'm a crazy person. :bulgy-eyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back