Free Burner 2.0 6-Iron Giveaway

Mine arrived yesterday also. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, except for some practice swings in the living room (which felt good). Noticed that the shaft was longer than my current club, and I was getting a slight toe-up on address, i.e. the lie might be slightly too upright for me. Will try it out on course this weekend.

Looking forward to all the feedback from everyone on these since I'm not feeling the love from TM yet! Maybe a trade for a Cleveland 7 iron with someone down the road?!

So I'm on the range right now with a burner 2.0 6 irons and a ping i15 7 irons testing what I like more. I k ow it's not exactly apples to apples but hear me out.

The burner actually feels really good. It sets up well and has feels great on impact. The i15 feels amazing on good shots. For some reason I am hitting the burner 2.0 more right around the sweetspot. For some other reason, the i15 7 irons is almost as long as the burner 6. I also am hitting the burner extremely low to the ground. I'm going to keep whacking the rest of my pile and see if I can figure out these distances. It's hard to tell because my 7 is right at the 165 for carry. I can't for sure say how much longer the burner is.

Something is not right there. I believe something is amiss. It appears as though from the picture that you might have been missing out on the toe?

Something is not right there. I believe something is amiss. It appears as though from the picture that you might have been missing out on the toe?

Actually I didn't hit one on the toe. I need them adjusted more upright, but I still think that finish came off much too easily. The grooves also are showing slight wear. The i15 showed none

It was clear I was digging the toe a fair amount, but contact and flight were really pretty good. I picked up one of my i15s that were waiting to be adjusted back flat in order to try my swing changes tomorrow. When I tried them today, I was getting 15 yard fade/slices. That could have been easily due to the toe digging.

Actually I didn't hit one on the toe. I need them adjusted more upright, but I still think that finish came off much too easily. The grooves also are showing slight wear. The i15 showed none

Something is clearly off though. I mean physics shows that a loft of X will go further than a loft of Y (X being Burner 6 iron) if both struck well wouldnt you agree?

I dont play them now, but played the Burner 2.0 irons for 4 months and had no issues with the grooves or the finish on the face. Some do I am sure though.

Sounds like the i15's are perfect for you.

Something is clearly off though. I mean physics shows that a loft of X will go further than a loft of Y (X being Burner 6 iron) if both struck well wouldnt you agree?

I dont play them now, but played the Burner 2.0 irons for 4 months and had no issues with the grooves or the finish on the face. Some do I am sure though.

I'll give the grooves a full cleaning and see if it was just grains of sand up in there. Like I said, I was just digging the toe. I don't think the finish should have came off that easily though.

Sounds like the i15's are perfect for you.

The strange thing is that I hit the i15s all over the face. I was still fighting the hook with the i15 even standard.. Like I said, I'll try my swing changes with the upright club and see how that works. The mark on the Burner was nearly a quarter size.

I'll give the grooves a full cleaning and see if it was just grains of sand up in there. Like I said, I was just digging the toe. I don't think the finish should have came off that easily though.

The strange thing is that I hit the i15s all over the face. The mark on the Burner was nearly a quarter size.

Curious about the distance thoughts? I mean would you agree with the assessment based on loft? There must be something going on right?

As for the finish, it depends on what people like. I like the finish wear on my CG 16s. Others prefer a satin or chrome finish that stays a certain way.

Curious about the distance thoughts? I mean would you agree with the assessment based on loft? There must be something going on right?

As for the finish, it depends on what people like. I like the finish wear on my CG 16s. Others prefer a satin or chrome finish that stays a certain way.

The distance was just very hard to tell. I'd say 80% of the time the 7 irons was 5-7 away from the burner. Because it was flying so low, I think that it took a decent amount of distance off of it. A firm fairway could carry it 15 yards at least longer. But the i15 7 irons was just SO much higher and carring every bit of ~162.

Based on just feel alone and contact, I'd take the Burners over the i15. The low ballflight was strange.. but easily playable. I would not get them after seeing the amount of wear on the face. I'm really ok with finish wearing. However, one range session shouldn't do that.

I hit around 15 balls into open field infront of my house today. It was hard to figure distance since I had about 25mph tailwind. They had just plowed the field so it was too wet to find them and they probably are all buried. It had a nice feel to them even hitting several different type balls. It came with stiff shaft but I was hitting them way too high for my liking. I really like the finish on it. Hopefully I can look in few days and find where hit these at and hit some more to try figure distance I'm getting with it. I know it was only 15 balls but I didn't notice any wear on the face or sole.

Last edited:
Ok day two of testing complete. This time I picked up my 2* upright i15 7 iron to do the test and see if I was still hooking it. Today it appeared as though the swing changes and grip change had gotten rid of the hooking. I was hitting the 7 iron with a slight 2 yard fade ~160 yards consistently and fairly accurately. I pull the burner our see shots long the line of 160, 160, 167, 180, 165, etc. The exceptionally long ones were always rather low and had a ton of roll after carry. The i15 7 was hitting very high and landing softly at ~160+.

I think this shows me that the i15 really is the one for me. I want to like the burner 2.0s.. maybe I just need them bent upright or with different shafts. I kind of wish I gave the G15s a chance as well. Although, they did make me throw up in my mouth a little. I'd definitely like to try a burner 7 and 8 iron and see what those would line up for me.

Took mine to the range today. The very first shot, I had a nice high launch, reasonably straight and the distance looked a few yards longer than my current 6i. Then I turn the iron over and look at and see the ball mark, right on the toe.

So score one for forgiveness.

Overall, the club felt good. The previous concern I expressed about the fit was not an issue at all, as far as I could tell. My swing wasn't really the best today, as I could see with my other clubs, but the burner 2.0 6i still gave me high and straight launches most of the time. I will need some course time to see exactly how much the distance gain is.

I don't see how everyone is hitting them high.. I want to hit them high!

Got mine today and I will be testing it out over the weekend, Im pretty pumped to see what all the hype is about

I had forgotten about applying for this club and my wife called me today and asked me if I was expecting a golf club because one had shown up today. I told her that I was not and had no idea what it could be. I come home and there was the Burner 2.0 6 iron. Going to compare it to my Mizuno MX-200's this weekend if the weather allows.

I had forgotten about applying for this club and my wife called me today and asked me if I was expecting a golf club because one had shown up today. I told her that I was not and had no idea what it could be. I come home and there was the Burner 2.0 6 iron. Going to compare it to my Mizuno MX-200's this weekend if the weather allows.

How do you like your Mx-200. My son just purchased some and he loves his. Ill be watching to see how you think it compares.

Just got mine today. Hardly seems fair.

Still waiting for mine. Was at Sports Autority yesterday and compared just looks of the 2.0 and Razr. The Razr for me wins hands down. The 2.0 looks like a paint job on a club. I really like the chrome. Can't wait to hit both.

T_Rex what color dot are your i15 irons?

Mine arrived today as well. I like the looks of it at address but haven't had a chance to swing it yet.

I got mine today. I was surprised t how thin the sole was, I was expecting more of a SGI type look but these look great. I haven't even hit it yet and I have already added it to my list of irons to demo when getting fit/buying new irons this year. It does feel a little light but Im guessing that can be changed with the correct shaft.

I'm going to the range today and might play some too. Thought I would compare specs on my G15 6 iron to the TM Burner 2.0.

2.0 27° loft
G15 29° loft

2.0 length 37.625"
G15 length 37.25"

Both clubs have a senior flex graphite shaft. The G15 has a much bigger bounce. Should be fun seeing how they compare.

Last edited:
Wow the Ping looks like a shovel compared the the 2.0

Wow the Ping looks like a shovel compared the the 2.0

It really does lol I thought the 2.0s would be pretty "shovel-like"...still waiting on my 6 iron, hoping it comes today so I can take it to the range!

Back