It's early. Day two of the Fall 2015 Gethering is about to be underway.

Me and OG even through 1
96191241c0e9ab8965d2bb69b003932a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down 6-3 after 9 to JD, who is playing some very solid golf

Dawg took me 5 to 4 on the front

tapt

I dropped a blue towel

tapt

Looks like a great time. I'm hoping to make it out there next year to represent for the youngin's.

Where are the pics from the awards ceremony?

Another trmendous gethering weekend! Great company, golf, food, etc proving once again why the gethering has to be one of the best golf values anywhere!

And the fact the old coots took home the title made the weekend that much sweeter!

And the fall edition of The Gethering is in the books. The Old Coots took the Young Bucks to the Woodshead winning 79 to 74. They also out partied the Young Bucks.

Vman may not remember what generated his win for the Best Hangover award, but it was well deserved.

Champion Archery awards went to Jitzy and Left78.

Most Balls in the woods goes to Wake.

And the award for Mr. Fun Time Happy Pants goes to Ole Gray!!!

A great time was had by all and we are all looking forward to the Spring 2016 Gethering.

Old Coots are your Champs!!
uploadfromtaptalk1444592188361.jpg

Ole Gray with the Winners Jacket and Winners Cup.
uploadfromtaptalk1444592267221.jpg

Last edited:
GA/FL gethering

Shout out to Toad and Greg Kulbick for running an incredibly well organized event. From the individual specific scorecards, to customized awards, to an amazing feast Saturday night (side shout out to Erky for grilling 16 perfect steaks), this is just an amazing event and a huge perk to having just moved to Florida. Driving back with Erky an Jhoefer99 (who played like a true hall of famer this weekend btw) right now, and we haven't stopped laughing about this weekends events. Thanks again to everyone for the invite and can't wait for the spring Gethering!!

Just got home so I'll post more later cause I want to jump in a shower but I just got to say I had an amazing time this weekend and look forward to many more to come.

Such a good time. So much fun. Can't wait to do it again.

Now what's the next trophy going to look like...

So...much...fun! Thanks to everyone for making this such a a great weekend, especially Greg And Sean. Well done guys!

GA/FL gethering

I'm safely back home and just wanted to say thanks to every one for such a fun weekend! I'll have more to say later after I rest a bit

Finally made it home despite the horrible Atlanta:angry: traffic, Falcons game??? Anyway, nice to be home the pups were really, really happy.

Thanks to everyone that was in Valdosta and big thanks to Greg and Sean for herding the cats and making it a success.

A shout out to my Coot brothers, it was good to get together for a couple of days. Ken, your snoring is highly over rated, I heard nothing. The corn squeezings might have had something to do with that.

A great golf course + great folks = great weekend.

What a fantastic looking weekend fellas, I'm glad to see that the Ol' Coots took em' to the woodshed. And I see mention of a spring Gathering if so , It will be on the lists of next years events for me if ya'll don't mind .

What a fantastic looking weekend fellas, I'm glad to see that the Ol' Coots took em' to the woodshed. And I see mention of a spring Gathering if so , It will be on the lists of next years events for me if ya'll don't mind .

You will love it, looking forward to seeing you again.

Well, I'm home, unpacked, laundry started, and hung out with the dog and son for a bit.
I never take enough pictures there, but did get a handful today. Here's what I have, all from the final hole and the celebration of "winners" after the scores were tallied.

Just_Hacking coming up to the 18th.
IMG_0568_zps71uioezc.jpg

Watching putts.
just_zpsmxgyexyc.jpg

The crowd starts to pick up as the last couple of groups come in.
IMG_0570_zpsrivfrt7k.jpg

JD19 chipping up.
IMG_0567_zpsk5ozopzl.jpg

The crowd grows.
IMG_0575_zpspxxx55a1.jpg

The anguish of a barely-missed putt.
IMG_0580_zpsao8edgie.jpg

Lefty78 stalking the green.
IMG_0581_zpsiuazzkty.jpg

Jitzy taking it all in.
IMG_0583_zps50d1lipj.jpg

Our two closest-to-the-pin winners were Jitzy and Lefty78 and this is the medal they received.
ImageCompositionServlet

Wake hit the most balls into the woods and received this, representing the hiking he had to do all weekend.
ImageCompositionServlet

The winner of the 'knocked out' award was v.man
ImageCompositionServlet

The ultimate winners were the Old Coots, who took us young bucks to the woodshed with a 5 point squeaker of a victory.
IMG_0591_zps4pjmd3hp.jpg

And the one and only Ole Gray came out the grand champion of fun, thus winning the now-coveted Gethering Jacket and trophy

IMG_0594_zpsugoxtu09.jpg

IMG_0595_zpsv6koq1xt.jpg

Allow me to say thanks for making this another successful weekend, having fun, welcoming the new guys, and wanting to do it again. To the vets that couldn't come this time, WTH? You missed a good one, and we'll see you in the Spring.

Thanks guys.

Thanks T0AD & Greg for hosting such an awesome weekend! ? There was some good golf played and some I'd rather forget . Who brought that damn moonshine .

The original old coots had a blast Friday. We played a fun course on the way to Kinderlou before we checked in at our condo.

I am never disappointed with the awesome people I meet at these wing dings. Thanks guys for all the fun times this weekend. I have added some new buddies to my list ??

Jed has earned my respect as one fine striker of the ball. I battled him pretty well on the front but my wheels fell off on the back side. Towel raised to a fine young man and solid golfer !

Thanks guys!!!!

Great to see the old coots get the win, so sorry I had to miss this Gethering. But the Rum and view in Barbados took off some of the pain.View attachment 22195

Last edited:
Super jealous of that jacket! Great pics! Hate I missed this one. Ready for the Spring edition.

Back