Garsen Golf Grips Review Thread - G-Pro Edge, G- Pro MAX, and Ultimate

Typically only happens when too much pressure or force is applied to ensure a grip is seated all the way. I've done with with an Iomic or two in my time accidentally. Also when the butt isn't properly taped off, sharp edges and all.

Any word on when a longer version for counter balanced putters may be coming?

Any word on when a longer version for counter balanced putters may be coming?

I would email them and ask, best way to find out is from the source!

Just got the protos recently I seem to recall. No word on a date when I last talked to him.

I just reread that whole thread and this is one interesting option. I was never sold on a grip, it seems like there is always something annoying me.

how would you compare the max to the winn X 1.18, size/texture wise?

A little bigger, more texture, similar feel to the rubber. MAX is probably a little closer to the 1.32

Great thread, btw. I read through the whole thing last night. I think I'm going to buy the regular one for a family Jenner and the CB model for myself when it is available.

A little bigger, more texture, similar feel to the rubber. MAX is probably a little closer to the 1.32

ok, you convinced me, I like the feeling of the winn X, but I worn it out by putting it on and off with air.

ok, you convinced me, I like the feeling of the winn X, but I worn it out by putting it on and off with air.

It's not exactly the same, but has that TPU feel to it. I will tell you that the shape will feel quite different in hand and if you're not prepared to adjust you may not like it. Expect a little hand confusion at first.

It's not exactly the same, but has that TPU feel to it. I will tell you that the shape will feel quite different in hand and if you're not prepared to adjust you may not like it. Expect a little hand confusion at first.

I have all winter (about 11 months here) to get used to it

Still sitting on this putter grip for some reason. Think I'll put it on the SS12 once this rain stops... My putter was one of the few bright spots in my last round though, so don't think I have the heart to pull the trigger on my gamer just yet.

Just finally seeing this, I must live under a rock or something, and have been looking to get away from the SS since they are such a pain to get on and off. So is there anything close to the 2.0? If not I am thinking the G-Pro might be my next experiment.

I must be living under the rock that's under the rock you're living under - I don't know how the heck I missed this until today. The Edge model looks interesting. Maybe they could have the U2 guitarist signature series with this bad boy.

I am talking about the Edge. The ultimate doesn't make as much sense to me as the thumb position is not as distinct. I think the Edge style in non taper form would be just about perfect.

I agree with you Erik - I'll still try the Edge in its current format, but the whole reason I use the SS 1.0 is for the non-taper - so that's what will interest me the most!

I heard back from the OEM. 6 week ETA for the CB grips.

Ordered mine on eBay last night. Eta Christmas eve. Yeah baby

Just came in

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419113152812.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419113152812.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 0
I think I turned a new leaf because I'm starting to really enjoy this grip. It took me a long time to get used to, but it's feeling more and more natural. I think a lot of hit had to do with adjusting my grip because of how my right hand fingers overlapped the left thumb. I switched to a different overlap style with pretty good success. I did get out onto the actual course last week and had great results. I don't expect this to reduce my scores or anything, because part of being a great putter is being able to read greens. But I felt confident over the ball and each stroke just felt right. My major miss/flaw is pulling the ball, and I feel like this grip helps inhibit that bad stroke.

I'm leaning more towards to Pro Edge. I have the Max on one of my putters but it just feels too big and I don't feel like I have enough control - the headweight almost disappears.

Ordered another pro edge to throw on another backup putter and just one step closer to going on my gamer.

Can't wait to see them!

Finally had a chance to put with the pro edge (on mFGP2) for the first time outside today. Did not hit a bad putt all day. Drained several long ones and quite a few in the 5-10 foot range. Really liking how it feels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally had a chance to put with the pro edge (on mFGP2) for the first time outside today. Did not hit a bad putt all day. Drained several long ones and quite a few in the 5-10 foot range. Really liking how it feels.

The design just works, it's crazy.

The design just works, it's crazy.

Very true. It took about 15 minutes of carpet putting to get used to, but now it feels so natural. I don't see myself taking this grip off anytime soon.

I've had the regular edge on my putter for the last 5 rounds and love it. I rec'd the Max for Christmas but really not sure if I want to take the edge off (will have to cut it off unfortunately). Good problem to have I guess!

I've had the regular edge on my putter for the last 5 rounds and love it. I rec'd the Max for Christmas but really not sure if I want to take the edge off (will have to cut it off unfortunately). Good problem to have I guess!

Perfect time for another putter.

26 putts yesterday....yea, this isn't coming off my putter anytime soon.

26 putts yesterday....yea, this isn't coming off my putter anytime soon.

Very nice. I think you have found the missing tool in your bag. 26 putts is quite impressive.

Back