Garsen Golf Grips Review Thread - G-Pro Edge, G- Pro MAX, and Ultimate

I've seen that I can play either, but do have a preference for sure.

Hawk...quick question. I've been doing something similar with my SS1.0 with the thumbs on the edges. Really like it so is there a similar size in these?

Here you go Doug. Red is a 1.0 and Green is a 3.0.

e4y5a8yj.jpg

me8uzu2a.jpg
y4uga3ud.jpg
da7u9uby.jpg

The Ultimate is non-taper I believe, though maybe you are talking about the Edge versions?

The MAX does have two textures and the Ultimate actually has different levels of firmness depending on the color, which I didn't know until just a few minutes ago. That one was developed with input from Tour players and Mike Shannon. Will save more on that one for the review though.

I am talking about the Edge. The ultimate doesn't make as much sense to me as the thumb position is not as distinct. I think the Edge style in non taper form would be just about perfect.

I gotcha. From what he said today, they are really working on development quite a bit and I know they are very interested in the thoughts that people are putting down here.

I gotcha. From what he said today, they are really working on development quite a bit and I know they are very interested in the thoughts that people are putting down here.

That is great. Like I said the idea for the thumb placement is genius. Amazing how much effect it has on the shoulders. I just think they need to tweak the size, shape, and materials. Hehe, I am really particular about my grips.

I am talking about the Edge. The ultimate doesn't make as much sense to me as the thumb position is not as distinct. I think the Edge style in non taper form would be just about perfect.

I'm with you Erik in that the non taper and Edge size would be a win... for me at least. I kinda do the thumbs with the 1.0. Having the edge would feel really good instead of being on two sides of the 1.0. If that makes sense.

Will wait and see what options they come up with down the road. Very interested.

I'm with you Erik in that the non taper and Edge size would be a win... for me at least. I kinda do the thumbs with the 1.0. Having the edge would feel really good instead of being on two sides of the 1.0. If that makes sense.

Will wait and see what options they come up with down the road. Very interested.

I have been trying it with the Flatso Ultra but it is hard to get my thumbs in the same position every time.

I have been trying it with the Flatso Ultra but it is hard to get my thumbs in the same position every time.

I would imagine with that one. The 1.0 is easier for me with trying to keep fingers in control and arms tension freeish. Thumbs fall pretty easily on the two edges and do notice that the shoulders stay back better. Edge...side...ridges would probably be a better description. Don't have the thumbs on the actual side.

I agree...not a go-to spot for the thumbs with the SS. Not needed anyway right...ha.

I'd go MAX and forget about the non-taper altogether based off experience using non-taper from both SS and Winn. That's just me though.

I'd go MAX and forget about the non-taper altogether based off experience using non-taper from both SS and Winn. That's just me though.

I certainly think it is worth a shot.

After talking to Captain Cookie, and getting caught up in this thread, I now have a G Pro Edge on it's way to me and I CAN'T WAIT to throw it on my gamer.

After talking to Captain Cookie, and getting caught up in this thread, I now have a G Pro Edge on it's way to me and I CAN'T WAIT to throw it on my gamer.

I think there will be a few of them in play in at #TheGrandaddy if testing goes well.

Received mine today. Will throw it on tomorrow and see what I think. It will be going on a practice putter, but I may bag it this weekend and see what it feels like during the round.

I put a Garsen on a Cleveland Classic I had laying around. It is a really odd feeling. It felt like I had a hand under the club. I was putting at a shoe box and noticed that I was hammering the same spot on the shoe box. As much as I want to, there is no wrist action. Or at least it feels like really passive wrists.

I'm surprised there would be that much taper in the max.

Sorry Joe I was tied up last night.

Yep, the MAX is tapered and you can get an idea of how much based on the pics in here with it lined up to some others. The non-taper option in the line is the Ultimate.

Finally REALLY pulling the trigger on one of these.

Finally REALLY pulling the trigger on one of these.

Have you actually tried one of these yet? If not, I think you will have a chance this weekend to try a few on the course.

Have you actually tried one of these yet? If not, I think you will have a chance this weekend to try a few on the course.

Nope, not at all. Hopefully mine is here before this weekend.

Put a MAX on my MXM 9HT, so far loving it. Definitely changed my grip slightly, but things feel better, stroke is more stable.

Funny thing: when I went to local Roger Dunn to get the regrip, the guy doing it was so pumped on the Max. He'd never seen it, and was really intrigued by it. Him and all the other guys behind the counter wanted to test it out, which I was cool with. He told me he'll get people in wanting to throw the SS Flatso on twisted, to create the same ridge down the middle...

Mr. Garsen, I think you have something here...

Ordered and received the Garsen Max grip, and to my surprise, the Garsen Ultimate. Was not expecting this little prize in the package.

Finally put the G Pro Edge on today. After rolling 10 putts on the mat...I'm sold. It allows a relaxed stroke for me like I've never really felt. Will be purchasing more of these and may try the Max as well.

One minor issue: when I tapped the butt on the ground after install a few times to ensure it was on all the way, the shaft cut through the end. Probably my fault but has this happened to anyone?? Hopefully the picture below is showing.

20141116_165105.jpg

I haven't sent that issue with the butt end.

Did you have it taped off?

I did. I installed with Air as well. I always pound them against the ground a few times to ensure a snug fit but have never had a grip do this.

I purchased off of ebay but I don't think this is a bad grip....just operator error on my part! haha

I did. I installed with Air as well. I always pound them against the ground a few times to ensure a snug fit but have never had a grip do this.

I purchased off of ebay but I don't think this is a bad grip....just operator error on my part! haha

I think it's just from you hitting it on the ground. I know when I was installing mine I definitely saw the end bulge when I was making sure the grip was all the way on.

Back