GoBe Golf Shoe Preview

I'm looking forward to this they sound packed full of tech with a purpose. 160 bucks for a premium shoe is a good price up here.

I hate the rubbing on the achillies and the whole pulling the sock down in the back as well, I'll report on that tomorrow after I wear them. I'll say they feel more firm, almost stiff feeling as you hold them but when I put them on I didn't sense any of that anymore. In reading the brochure that came along with the shoe they have a lot of technology packed in them even though they look pretty basic. They also come with a limited 1 year construction and 2 year tread warranty. If you register the shoe online they'll send you one free pair of replacement liners and replacement cotton laces. I think that's pretty awesome myself. Look for more from me on these shoes tomorrow.

Any waterproof warranty included?

Any waterproof warranty included?
I don't see anything that says any warranty on the water resistance or anything. Here's a quote from their web site, the brochure says the same thing but no talk of a warranty though. I'll find out from the company.

The GoBe performance upper is a revolutionary, lightweight design that
maintains natural color, texture and quality even after extensive wear. It is constructed with breathable fibers that are 20 times more water resistant than treated leathers. Flexible and durable, the upper requires minimal care and no break-in time.

Thanks Jake. I remember that from the first post but figured the shoe would tagged if it was explicit.

Awesome. I love that you are reviewing these, Jake. I'm pretty interested in these shoes. Need to start thinking about a 2013 pair one of these days.

Got these shoes out tonight for 9 holes of Men's Club golf action. I walked and while I was a little nervous throwing a brand new pair of shoes into a walking round I figured why not, they claim no break in period needed so let's roll.

Here's a look at them before the round.
GoBeShoes005.jpg

GoBeShoes004.jpg

Here's during a mid round break on my buddy's cart, there's a little mud on the shoe from hoofing it through the water hazard looking for my golf ball on hole 1.
GoBeShoes006.jpg

So the question regarding the rubbing on the achilles I'm happy to report that this is not an issue at all. Nor do they push your sock down the back of your heel at all either, I was worried about both myself. They are quite comfortable, a little flat foot feeling, or maybe just a small lack of arch support, but they're not running shoes so I'm not worried too much about that. I wore these with a pair of black shorts/black belt combo and think it all looked fine together. Traction is outstanding, I never slipped or felt unstable with any swings at all tonight. So far so good, the guys I played with tonight had nothing but good things to say about the looks as well. More to come!

Legs looking good Jake, as well as the shoes. Can't wait to see what you think of their performance.

Great stuff Jake. Glad to hear they have no issues on the achilles.

That's great to hear, my achilles feel better now. Even better reading that traction wasn't an issue on a wet course.

looks comfy. might have to try em out (if they ever come to a store near me..)

That's great to hear, my achilles feel better now. Even better reading that traction wasn't an issue on a wet course.
Actually the course is bone dry, except for that water hazard I had to go hoofing it around in. I hit a hard pull that cut through the wind and went about 20 yards too far and just about in the hazard, had to dig around in there to find it. Otherwise course is really dry, we're in a horrible drought right now.

Oh, well I'm an idiot. Cut the hose on and take some swings in the yard.

Intense testing!

Haha, you're a man of the people. Funny talking people, but I digress.

Those look good Jake. At first glance I thought that the logo on the side was the communist symbol.

Good stuff. Looking forward to hearing more about this brand in the future.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Good review Jake! I am getting more into the casual shoes for my golfing and glad these worked good. I like the looks of them and will have to consider them for my next pair.

Seriously. Tappin'.

They look pretty good. Can't wait to hear your future thoughts Jake!

I wore these to work today as I'll be wearing them out for my round after work. I've gotten a lot of comments on how casual I look as I've go on a pair of black Under Armour golf pants with them but I sure have been comfortable today! They are feeling even more comfortable the longer I wear them as I get them more and more broken in. I'll grab a pic of how they look with the pants when I have someone to run the camera for me tonight.

Nice. I wear my casuals out and about all the time. You finding them any better or worse than a spiked shoe for your needs?

Awesome Jake, can't wait to see them with pants, I wore my Ashworth with slacks and really liked the look!

After wearing these all day today I'll tell you that my feet are pretty sore right now. I walked 14 holes (it got dark) after work and right now I'm definitely in some pain. A little soreness is normal and even a little more might be expected since these are still new but yeah I was definitely happy to get the shoes off when I got home. I really didn't notice it on the course though, it was more when I was done so that's good. The traction and stability of the shoe was again top notch out there today. Hawk, to answer you question
You finding them any better or worse than a spiked shoe for your needs?
I really don't feel like they're any better or worse in terms of performance on the course, I know some people who have street shoes claim a little slippage but I haven't, even with my other pairs of street shoes (Ecco Biom Hybrid and Adicross) I just don't notice much difference. Now one of my pair of spiked shoes are by far the most comfortable golf shoe I own so I'd lean toward those but they're pretty amazing feeling shoes too.

Here are some pics of the GoBe with my black UA golf pants today on the course. This was the 5th hole so the shoes were starting to pick up a little dust at this point, but still looking pretty good I think.

20121010_173708.jpg

20121010_173705.jpg

20121010_173700.jpg

Interesting thoughts Jake. Some questions for you if you dont mind.

When did your feet start hurting? Was it after the round, at the end of the round, etc?
What kind of socks were you wearing?
Have you noticed any discomfort with these previously and if not were you wearing different socks?

Thanks in advance.

Bummer man. I can't do foot pain, even if it's after the round. I'm with you in that I don't slip a lot. I can lose my footing a little once or so a round on wet grass, but it's not common.

Back