Green Saver Divot Repair Tool Forum Testing Review

I use a regular divot tool that has a clip on it that i clip onto my pocket. I just put it in my pocket right now and can barely feel it. The 2 ends are the size of a quarter(actually smaller then the big pieces on most divot tools that have ball markers) so i don't think it will be a problem if you have average/big size pockets. Will obviously answer these questions again once i get to test it out on the course.

Agreed I can't say a tee does better than the tool unless I've tried both. However a tee is always avail and easy to use. I'll wait to see more pics and reviews before anymore comments.

---
- iOS using Tapatalk

I want to know how it repairs big divots.The divots are deep here because of the rain. Good luck testers

This is what i want to know too. I would love to see a video of it repairing a very big divot.

Man some of them are arriving FAST!! Was surprised to hear about the material used to create these things.. Was expecting some form of metal or metal like substance..

Im gonna order one of these on ebay, only place i could find them. These really have my interest, i fix so many ball marks on my course from people just leaving them this would make it easier if its faster which it looks like it is.

Received mine today! Very quick with the shipping there, THP! :clapp:

I'll have my first chance to go out and use this on Wednesday or Thursday morning, and hopefully next Sunday as well. Time to finally start hitting some GIR! :sarcastic:

In regards to it's "bulkiness," it's not too bad. I will say is definitely noticeable if you do not wear cargo shorts, or tend to take everything out of your pockets while golfing. This is likely a tool I'll keep in a top compartment of my bag.

The ball marker kind of tricked me for about a minute. It's held down by a single magnet, and to get it off, you have to push down on the opposite side. There is a little "knob" on one side of the top of the tool, telling you which side to push down on. It is kind of difficult to get off, compared to my standard divot tool. I probably made it more complicated than it is...

Anyways, here are some pictures. I have some comparisons to a THP tee as well as my current Callaway Divot tool.

I'm looking forward to fixing some craters in the very near future with this thing. Will report back!

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

congrats to the those who got chosen. I am definitely interested in how this works on the big nasty divots and those divots left by other players.

best of luck at nailing those greens!

Got home from work and bang - THP Goodness:
ce555b1b-5ad0-4352-9d2d-129e484e3502.jpg

It's lightweight. I don't see how this would bother me if what is in my pocket for an entire round. Granted I was wearing jeans but pocketed it to walk the mutts when I got home and didn't even notice it.

Like HuskAir - I was miffed by the ball marker. It sits below the plastic and I'm thinking to myself, well I don't have finger nails so I'm gonna be struggling to get this thing off.
Then, I decided to read errr, my wife chastised me into reading the directions (all 3 of them, like that would have taken too much time) and turns out there's a raised knob of plastic about the size of a pencil point on the side. That's where you're supposed to push down on the ball marker with your thumb to make one side pop off the magnet....
a415e25f-4a4e-4c60-bcd9-bc99780b693e.jpg

With ball marker off:
70ee0e6a-5e7c-4c9d-9042-a253d229efc2.jpg

To give a little comparison, here it is next to my normal pitchfork divot tool as well as resting in my hand:
1c47858a-23d4-418d-b829-0542b521c84d.jpg

22b649d7-be34-4dda-b1cd-dc3dce315749.jpg

First impressions? I think I'm gonna like it. It'll be easier to find in my pocket than my pitchfork, plus I carry like 10 tees so this roughly around the same size as that.
I won't be able to hit the course until Friday so I'll have a review up then.

Thanks again to THP and GreenSaver for the chance to test this pretty cool product. GG was all over the shipping. I PM'd her on Friday with my info and she shot back that she'd have it out tomorrow (Saturday) and it was here today.

Sorry about the cruddy quality of the pic's - it was the first time I used Snapbucket on my Droid and it made the quality of the pic's horrendous.
Guess I'll have to upload the old fashioned way......

Congrats to those who were chosen for this. Looks like a winner to me and already arriving. Can't wait to here how it performs.

Now that I've seen this picture of the prongs, I'm even more intrigued! Now that I've seen the mechanism up close like this, it makes sense to me that this tool would work nicely. Let's see how it holds up to real world testing. It would be great if any of the testers could track down their local green keeper for their comment.

Now that I've seen this picture of the prongs, I'm even more intrigued! Now that I've seen the mechanism up close like this, it makes sense to me that this tool would work nicely. Let's see how it holds up to real world testing. It would be great if any of the testers could track down their local green keeper for their comment.

Good idea.

Just got home and no Greensaver for me today. I'm playing a round in the rain in the late afternoon tomorrow, so I will definately wait for the mail to see if it comes because that would make for good testing.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Can't wait to here how they are on the course.
Great group of testers!

I got mine in today....I won't bother with the pics of it, they are all the same mine is just red and I was just going to lay it on the table next to my "pitch fork" for comparison shots and several have already done that.

First Impression
I will say I was suprised by the construction of the tool myself, I expected lightwieght metal of some kind, but its plastic. The plastic seems kinda cheap and when in normal position the bottom part seems pretty flimsy. I'll be interested to see how it holds up in pocket for a couple of rounds, it just seems to me it would be pretty easy to bend it. Also as several people have mentioned the ball marker is tough to get out unless you have it turned exactly the right way.

I know this product is about repairing ball marks and not the ball marker, but to me that is one of the reasons I carry my current divot repair tool. With my current "pitch fork" I can easily place my hand in my pocket and remove the ball marker without taking the tool out of the pocket. I think you would be really hard pressed to acomplish that with the Greensaver.

I like d_in_la's idea of talking to the greenskeeper, the course superintendent of my home course plays in my regular Sunday match everyweek, I'll try to make sure I am in the same group this weekend and get his opinions on it.

Short game practive either tomorrow evening or Wednesday evening depending on time, so I'll make sure to put it to use then.

Thanks again to :thp: and Greensaver for a chance to test this product.

Great post Lemmiwinks! Thanks for the detailed pictures...just seeing those answered a lot of questions I had about the Green Saver. Looking forward to seeing how it works out on the greens!

I got mine in today....I won't bother with the pics of it, they are all the same mine is just red and I was just going to lay it on the table next to my "pitch fork" for comparison shots and several have already done that.

First Impression
I will say I was suprised by the construction of the tool myself, I expected lightwieght metal of some kind, but its plastic. The plastic seems kinda cheap and when in normal position the bottom part seems pretty flimsy. I'll be interested to see how it holds up in pocket for a couple of rounds, it just seems to me it would be pretty easy to bend it. Also as several people have mentioned the ball marker is tough to get out unless you have it turned exactly the right way.

I know this product is about repairing ball marks and not the ball marker, but to me that is one of the reasons I carry my current divot repair tool. With my current "pitch fork" I can easily place my hand in my pocket and remove the ball marker without taking the tool out of the pocket. I think you would be really hard pressed to acomplish that with the Greensaver.

I like d_in_la's idea of talking to the greenskeeper, the course superintendent of my home course plays in my regular Sunday match everyweek, I'll try to make sure I am in the same group this weekend and get his opinions on it.

Short game practive either tomorrow evening or Wednesday evening depending on time, so I'll make sure to put it to use then.

Thanks again to :thp: and Greensaver for a chance to test this product.

That was one of my first thoughts too.
I think that a round or two in the pocket will definitely tell us more.
I don't know if it bends if that'll mess the 'integrity' of the device.

Great post Lemmiwinks! Thanks for the detailed pictures...just seeing those answered a lot of questions I had about the Green Saver. Looking forward to seeing how it works out on the greens!

Thanks war.eagle.
Looks like TripleBogieTim will be able to put it to use first.
I'll be playing 18 on Friday with my little one so I'll post some pics and feedback then, provided I get some greenies :D

Does anyone know the retail price on this?

I'm concerned about the plastic and hope it holds up for everyone.

Their website has it listed as €7.95 plus postage.
I think that converts to about $11.50 plus the shipping.
How well the plastic holds up is gonna be a key factor for this little gizmo methinks.

I just noticed something....Does anyone else see any similarities here ?

Similiar.jpg

I'm thinkig the same thing too....

Thanks war.eagle.
I'll be playing 18 on Friday with my little one so I'll post some pics and feedback then, provided I get some greenies :D

LOL. That would be my luck, go to test/review a divot tool and dont hit a single green all day.

Thanks war.eagle.

LOL. That would be my luck, go to test/review a divot tool and dont hit a single green all day.

Back