Hanks' Morgan Cup Callaway Fitting

do they make a tour 5 hybrid?

Actually I think they did! My issue was if the hybrids werent working, I had issues with longer approach shots or longer par 3's. It just wasnt fun at times.

No I didn't sorry man. I still would like to based on your review of it though

Wow Hanks that was chalked full of great info. That fitting sounds like it was an amazing and very eye opening experience. I like those numbers you're putting up with everything too. Did you hit the Razr X Black driver at all?

I tend to have a medium to quick tempo at times but have really tried to slow myself down a bit.. Last night the S shafts were further off the target line than the R shafts so the R flex seemed to be the choice for me.

Great write up. I find it interesting you were fitted for R-flex with an 82mph SS. I'm at 85 and was fitted for DG S300s. Of course there are other factors besides SS. Do you have a slower tempo?

It may have been 5.0....I wrote down 6 but maybe it was 5. Can't remember now

Hanks was that PX shaft a 5.0 or 6.0? In your write up it says 6.0 in Reg Flex

Hmmmm...I may need to shoot you a pm or two to discuss then

Great write up Hanks! I loved it. The CPC is definitely an awesome experience. Glad you found some options that worked. There are quite a few pros with going 5h but I don't think I'll ever do it again.

No I didn't sorry man. I still would like to based on your review of it though

I tend to have a medium to quick tempo at times but have really tried to slow myself down a bit.. Last night the S shafts were further off the target line than the R shafts so the R flex seemed to be the choice for me.

It may have been 5.0....I wrote down 6 but maybe it was 5. Can't remember now

Hmmmm...I may need to shoot you a pm or two to discuss then

Anytime man!

Awesome experience and great write up. Sucks that you were gassed by the time Driver came around, and I hope you get a chance to get out there and go trough a proper driver fitting to figure out the shafts for you.

Very cool write up Hanks! Kinda makes me want to hit some Callaways now!

Great write Hanks, really makes me excited for my CPC fitting on Thursday!

I will definately hit Drivers first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim,

Normally I fit irons first, then immediately move to driver, and then finish out the rest of the bag. I am more than willing to let you hit driver first, but I just wanted to let you know how I have conducted my sessions. Every fitter is different, but I tend to look at 5-7 shot samples with irons (deleting the 2 lowest quaility shots, and if we look at 5-8 different combinations that is keeping you to 35-55 swings on average. You do hit a lot of balls in this session and that is why I do not let people come in after playing and encourage them to warm up in the bay versus hitting 30-50 balls on the range. The only problem with hitting driver first is some players take a long time to warm up and comparing clubs with 92 mph club speed but loosening up to 96 mph club speed will make a big difference. I don't like the opposite to happen of losing club speed with driverso that is why I do it in the middle of the session versus the end.

Hanks glad to hear you had a great time at the CPC. Which location did you go to?

Great write-up! Loved it! I'm debating even trying out the XF irons at a demo day in 2 weeks just because of the cost involved... Might be a great fit that I'd never be able to make happen. That said, was there enough difference in performance between your Clevelands and the other Callaways to warrant a change, had u not been a staffer?

Actually I think they did! My issue was if the hybrids werent working, I had issues with longer approach shots or longer par 3's. It just wasnt fun at times.

The only tour hybrid in the Callaway line is the Razr X Tour, and is only offered 2h-18* 3h-21* and 4h-24*.

The only tour hybrid in the Callaway line is the Razr X Tour, and is only offered 2h-18* 3h-21* and 4h-24*.

Thanks Chad! I wasn't quite sure if there was haha.

They kinda rib me for going tour on most of the clubs I play. But its what the CPC recommended when I was at the Troon location in AZ and it was a perfect fit :)

Terrific read Hanks!

They kinda rib me for going tour on most of the clubs I play. But its what the CPC recommended when I was at the Troon location in AZ and it was a perfect fit :)

you did hit that tour driver and fairway very well Tmex

you did hit that tour driver and fairway very well Tmex

Lol. My stupid AOA. I wish everyone gets a chance to go to the CPC at least once. It was by far the best fitting experience I've ever had and even found a good instructor from it.

They really know what makes a swing tic and all the data they capture is really cool to see.

Don't let the Tour label in the name scare anyone off. The Razr X Tour hybrid is every bit as forgiving as the normal model just doesn't have the offset. Glad you hit them well

Lol. My stupid AOA. I wish everyone gets a chance to go to the CPC at least once. It was by far the best fitting experience I've ever had and even found a good instructor from it.

They really know what makes a swing tic and all the data they capture is really cool to see.

I'd love to! They closed the one in MA last summer so I didn't get the chance. Someday I hope to get a real good in-depth fitting like you get at a CPC

Don't let the Tour label in the name scare anyone off. The Razr X Tour hybrid is every bit as forgiving as the normal model just doesn't have the offset. Glad you hit them well

Thank you! Definitely some great clubs. I have a hard time letting go of the Octane Tour 3w and Razr Hawk Tour driver for this MC.

Can't wait to hear more about Tim's fitting as well.

Thanks Chad! I went to the King of Prussia (KOP) location in Golf By Design. Buck was awesome to work with!

http://www.golfbydesignllc.com/

Tim,

Normally I fit irons first, then immediately move to driver, and then finish out the rest of the bag. I am more than willing to let you hit driver first, but I just wanted to let you know how I have conducted my sessions. Every fitter is different, but I tend to look at 5-7 shot samples with irons (deleting the 2 lowest quaility shots, and if we look at 5-8 different combinations that is keeping you to 35-55 swings on average. You do hit a lot of balls in this session and that is why I do not let people come in after playing and encourage them to warm up in the bay versus hitting 30-50 balls on the range. The only problem with hitting driver first is some players take a long time to warm up and comparing clubs with 92 mph club speed but loosening up to 96 mph club speed will make a big difference. I don't like the opposite to happen of losing club speed with driverso that is why I do it in the middle of the session versus the end.

Hanks glad to hear you had a great time at the CPC. Which location did you go to?

Thanks Chad! I went to the King of Prussia (KOP) location in Golf By Design. Buck was awesome to work with!

http://www.golfbydesignllc.com/

I do not know Buck, but am glad to hear about the experience. I get questions about other CPC's a lot from resort guests here at Barton Creek. It will be good to be able to reccomend him and will be sure to let the point of contact at Callaway that works with the CPC's know about your experience.

Nice write up Hanks. Sounds like an incredible experience.

Great writeup Hanks. Sounds like you were in good hands with Buck. Enjoy the sound of that hybrid, Callaway has the best sounding stuff out there in my opinion. In fact, I think Callaway equipment in general is really under-rated.

Thanks for sharing this Hanks! That was a great read and I really liked how Buck laid things out for you. Not a bad thing to have to go back, right? I really like those iron shafts BTW. That light weight will be a big plus on Saturday.

Nothing better than having that confirmation of you choices hanks. You should be able to rest easy and just wait for that message from your Tour Rep. What an excellent experience man. Congrats on being able to go through that.

check out the numbers comparison of the irons....I think I'd make the change regardless after seeing the consistency I saw

Great write-up! Loved it! I'm debating even trying out the XF irons at a demo day in 2 weeks just because of the cost involved... Might be a great fit that I'd never be able to make happen. That said, was there enough difference in performance between your Clevelands and the other Callaways to warrant a change, had u not been a staffer?

When a write is that good you don't apologize for it being lengthy, you apologize that it's not longer. Truly amazing job.

Tim,

Thanks Chad, I'll say it like Hanks did, I'm putty in your hands... You are the pro and I am open to what ever you want me to do. Just really excited to get started!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hanks what was the reason they passed over the Razr X HL but went to the Razr XF?

Back