Hanks' Morgan Cup Callaway Fitting

Great write-up Hanks....and a good read !

Great write up Hanks. I really enjoyed reading it. I can't wait to hear/see your final configuration.

Hanks your write-up got me too excited...I was waiting to decide for sure whether to spend the money on a fitting but it sounds like the feedback knowledge you get is well worth the price. I just set my appointment at the Callaway Fitting Studio in Chicago on the 18th. Thanks for all your thoughts, it really helped me to know the benefits and process of what a fitting can do for me.

Thanks man.....I've had swing evals and fittings done before but this was a whole different level. Cameras everywhere, motion sensors, etc. really covered everything

Dean- my fitter thought the HL would be too high launching for me

Hanks your write-up got me too excited...I was waiting to decide for sure whether to spend the money on a fitting but it sounds like the feedback knowledge you get is well worth the price. I just set my appointment at the Callaway Fitting Studio in Chicago on the 18th. Thanks for all your thoughts, it really helped me to know the benefits and process of what a fitting can do for me.

Sorry I'm coming into this late but that was an excellent, excellent write up Hanks. I've heard nothing but good things about the CPC's and it appears that reputation was down played.

Also great input from Chad. There's nothing cooler to me then seeing a fitting pro really go through his reasoning behind things.

this! every fitter has their own way but the fundamentals are still the same

Sorry I'm coming into this late but that was an excellent, excellent write up Hanks. I've heard nothing but good things about the CPC's and it appears that reputation was down played.

Also great input from Chad. There's nothing cooler to me then seeing a fitting pro really go through his reasoning behind things.

Loved the writeup Hanks. You've suddenly got me pondering the HF irons. They look so good. You think I could hit them without putting them through the ozone layer? I'm starting to think about some irons that afford me a little more forgiveness than I'm currently getting....

damn....I think if you had a stout enough shaft in these you could do some damage. They're like stealth fighters on sticks man. You could probably lose a hybrid and throw in a FW if you went with these. How's that for a new bag config?

Loved the writeup Hanks. You've suddenly got me pondering the HF irons. They look so good. You think I could hit them without putting them through the ozone layer? I'm starting to think about some irons that afford me a little more forgiveness than I'm currently getting....

damn....I think if you had a stout enough shaft in these you could do some damage. They're like stealth fighters on sticks man. You could probably lose a hybrid and throw in a FW if you went with these. How's that for a new bag config?

Sounds sweet! I do love how they look.... what were your spin #s for the 6 iron if you have them?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Awesome write up Hanks. Seems like an exhausting process, but well worth it in the end.

Wow great write up! There's a lot that goes into this and part of it is the player willing to hit 100's if balls to get it just right. Well done!

Tapaway!

Absolutely awesome write-up, Banks. Would love to go through that kind of fitting someday.

hey todd great write up bro sounds like an amazing experience sorry i couldn't make it.... guy fitting you must know what hes talking about with a name like that! lol i forgot that guy works there but when he worked at the old store there he really knew what he was talking about and was great to work with when i got fitted for my first set of irons. glad things went well for you and can't wait to see how everything turns out for you.

Excellent excellent informative write up Hanks!!! Great info! Glad to hear your bag is more or less figured out.

Hanks that was awesome dude. Love all your choices

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Great writeup and that sounds like one awesome experience.

That was perhaps one of the best write ups that i have read on here! Great job Hanks and glad it worked out well for you.

Hanks thanks for the awesome recap, sounds like an amazing time, hard work for all that fun!!!

Had to add some rep for that write up, really enjoyed reading it and it came across really well.

Sounds like an amazing experience, you're a lucky chap Hanks.

def informative write up Hanks. It would be cool to go through this type of fitting every time a upgrade was necessary, then that would remove any doubt is it the Indian or the arrow.

assuming I wrote down the right #'s... I had 31rpm sidespin, back spin 4650rpm, launch angle of 19*, Apex 80ft

Sounds sweet! I do love how they look.... what were your spin #s for the 6 iron if you have them?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!

Hanks that was awesome dude. Love all your choices

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

That was perhaps one of the best write ups that i have read on here! Great job Hanks and glad it worked out well for you.

Hanks thanks for the awesome recap, sounds like an amazing time, hard work for all that fun!!!

Had to add some rep for that write up, really enjoyed reading it and it came across really well.

Sounds like an amazing experience, you're a lucky chap Hanks.

I think it would definitely be cool to do a fitting like this every thime an upgrade is going to be done. especially for irons or drivers

def informative write up Hanks. It would be cool to go through this type of fitting every time a upgrade was necessary, then that would remove any doubt is it the Indian or the arrow.

Hanks, how valuable to you think it is to have a peace of mind now about your choices? I mean, having a guy like Buck there to guide you, make recommendations, and obviously having data to support things has to feel nice. I honestly think it will make a difference in your results and how you play golf on the course, knowing that you have the absolute best thing in their lineup, 100% optimized to you.

Golf by design is nice, there fitting center is definitely quality. I got fit for my irons there.

More like Invaluable which is an understatement. Data is nice but Buck was cool in the sense that he really focused on me and my swing vs just the data. He would say things like 'I can tell by your face you don't feel comfortable with that set up' or 'you're really fighting that club, let's switch it up' which was huge to me no matter what the data was saying. Having things built to my specs is one thing but knowing that those clubs are best for me all around and verified by a knowledgeable 3rd party is a big plus that I hope will help me above and beyond the MC.

Hanks, how valuable to you think it is to have a peace of mind now about your choices? I mean, having a guy like Buck there to guide you, make recommendations, and obviously having data to support things has to feel nice. I honestly think it will make a difference in your results and how you play golf on the course, knowing that you have the absolute best thing in their lineup, 100% optimized to you.

More like Invaluable which is an understatement. Data is nice but Buck was cool in the sense that he really focused on me and my swing vs just the data. He would say things like 'I can tell by your face you don't feel comfortable with that set up' or 'you're really fighting that club, let's switch it up' which was huge to me no matter what the data was saying. Having things built to my specs is one thing but knowing that those clubs are best for me all around and verified by a knowledgeable 3rd party is a big plus that I hope will help me above and beyond the MC.

That's awesome. I know you've experienced some massive ups and downs with golf, but the truth is, we all do. I think to be successful you really have to narrow and minimize your focus and thought processes. Knowing that the gear you will have is 100% optimal will allow you to minimize your thoughts and allow you to focus on simple things, like alignment. I'm glad you had this opportunity Hanks.

Back