Happy New Year & Major Milestone

Premature? Maybe. but #UsDidIt

Congrats THP
Great job bringing this one home.
Here's to 7 million more

One of these posts might be it. The count updates every 15 minutes or so.

So proud of Us!

I think it's very doable. From Dec 8, when I started tracking daily numbers, to Dec 20 - about the time @Canadan got us all fired up for the sprint - we averaged, 2,755 posts per day. Over 365 days, that's 1.005 million posts, which would put us over the finish line probably around Dec 29 or 30. I have to believe with all the special events and such, not to mention someone emerging as the next @MWard, we will average well over 2,755 posts daily, perhaps as much as 3,000.

The engineer in me wants to know this, so I will try to track our progress on a weekly basis. I would ask any THPer who is on the forum around midnight CST to grab the total messages number and post it, so we all know what the starting point is. {Please don't PM me and blow up my inbox.) I don't think I will be near a screen at that time. I'll either be asleep or enjoying a toddy with Mrs. Reframmellator.

Happy New Year to a great community!

Happy New Year to you! Thanks for taking the lead on the numbers crunching.

Premature? Maybe. but #UsDidIt

Congrats THP
Great job bringing this one home.
Here's to 7 million more

Moved all posts to this thread!

Thank you all.

This has been an incredible run.

What a great drive to reach the goal.

Congrats THP on the Milestone!!!

Happy New Year THP. Let’s make 2021 the best year yet!

Perfectly fitting!

Congrats THP!
I continue to be impressed with this community, and I am incredibly grateful and thankful to be a member of it!

Happy New Year THP!

Reactions: JB
Happy New Year to all!!!!
Congrats on the 7M posts.

Great work everyone and Happy New Year to THP! Love this place and what it has done for me in terms of my experience and being my escape from a hellish year. Lately life has tried it's best to keep me off here and I may not on here as much as I'd like. But, this place is never far from my heart and with things starting to calm down a little bit on the home front, I hope 2021 sees me having a lot more time to spend with all of you.

Reactions: JB
Sooooo.. 8 mil in 2021? hahaha.

Congrats to everyone and have a safe and happy New Year celebration!

Happy New Year everyone! Congrats on the big accomplishment!

Happy New Years and congratulations!

I think this called for several celebrations! Congratulations!

A5919854-D04F-4276-B850-AB9A1ECCFAD5.gifC90E8CA7-6956-46FB-B6CF-08A220E1C919.gifEE3BD9C6-2BEA-44D6-8DC0-DA7B6FDF0DC5.gif

There have been a couple times where the activity and engagement on THP has been moving for me personally. This is definitely one of those times.

The post drives this year were a way to give back to the community and throw a bit of incentive into creating and being a part of great golf discussion. You guys came in and showcased that very well three separate times, but I would argue it was NOTHING like what we saw when you found out the end game was a milestone for THP, not yourselves. To me, that is the most telling. That is why I love this community so much - we're here for each other first, and ourselves second.

My final challenge of 2020 is to each of you - Keep this going. For anyone who dove in head first and experienced how great this community can be, you'll understand why I am encouraging this. Golf is fun, THP is fun, and the community is what makes it great.

Proud of you.

Happy New Year everyone!

We freaking did it. I'm so proud of us. Now I need a nap.

Back