Has anyone seen the Mashie infomercial style commercial?

cwesleyc

Reaction score
Handicap
Just saw it on the golf channel. Only 3 easy payments of $49.99! :act-up:

I just saw that and had to laugh, its a bit cheezy. They could do much better making the commercial at the THP outing with 60 people hitting this club.

Is there a link to this anywhere?

Is there a link to this anywhere?

It's a tv commercial, but guessing you can find a YouTube vid eventually. The commercial might also have a link, its on TGC.

I saw it. Terrible marketing idea for a legitimate club. Just waiting for McCord to pop on the screen saying, "Go out an getcherself a Mashie."

I saw it. Terrible marketing idea for a legitimate club. Just waiting for McCord to pop on the screen saying, "Go out an getcherself a Mashie."

I dont like the ad, but its a great commercial for the demographic it is seeking that it has not reached yet. The die hard golfer will know its a great club because of the shaft in it standard. The demographic they are seeking wont because they wouldnt know a Miyazaki from a Suzuki. Think Adams Tight Lies.

I saw it too and thought the same as you guys, cheesy cheesy cheesy!!! They could have at least put TC or Dr. Teeth on there..."MASHIE TIME!!"

Just played it for a friend of mine who has no idea why the shaft is special. He liked the ad a lot and the focus on getting out of the sand, etc really caught his attention.

No, but I did see a Mashie thread somewhere. And I just saved 15% on car insurance.

Very similar to the Bobby Jones ones. Those certainly seemed to work. When I use those BJ clubs I get folks asking me if I am playing the 'hybrids from those commercials' quite often. I guess if it generates sales why not?

The cheesy bit at the start with the old bearded guy is a bit much. The rest is OK. Every shot from any lie with a mashie and you get a nice floater softly on the green! WOW! Three easy payments? Heck sign me up!!

Have to say though, with that target group it really makes no sense that they don't have an M6.

Very similar to the Bobby Jones ones. Those certainly seemed to work. When I use those BJ clubs I get folks asking me if I am playing the 'hybrids from those commercials' quite often. I guess if it generates sales why not?

The cheesy bit at the start with the old bearded guy is a bit much. The rest is OK. Every shot from any lie with a mashie and you get a nice floater softly on the green! WOW! Three easy payments? Heck sign me up!!

Have to say though, with that target group it really makes no sense that they don't have an M6.

Well, I am not sure I would say it worked for the Jones clubs considering poor sales and where they are right now, but that is different altogether.

I would also say that I dont think their target group is a senior golfer. I think that based on what we have learned that they have missed a certain demographic in their shaft marketing of this hybrid, so to counteract that, they have these ads.

No, but I did see a Mashie thread somewhere. And I just saved 15% on car insurance.

A whole Mashie thread? No way Hawk, no way.

Well, I am not sure I would say it worked for the Jones clubs considering poor sales and where they are right now, but that is different altogether.

Awareness does not always equal sales I guess....

I dont like the ad, but its a great commercial for the demographic it is seeking that it has not reached yet. The die hard golfer will know its a great club because of the shaft in it standard. The demographic they are seeking wont because they wouldnt know a Miyazaki from a Suzuki. Think Adams Tight Lies.

Ooh...can I get it with a Suzuki shaft...HAHAHAHA!!!

I just saw this infommercial and I have to say that it made me like my Mashies just a little bit less. It was the worst!

I'm not much of a fan of any of Cleveland's commercials honestly. The last one I liked was the one featuring Vijay hitting their lightweight driver in slow motion with a voiceover.

Just watched it. I think they took legitimacy from the club. JMO as a student of marketing.

I just saw this infommercial and I have to say that it made me like my Mashies just a little bit less. It was the worst!

I just dont see this point of view. You like your R11 obviously. Do you like it any less after those gawd awful singing commercials about one club being different because it was painted?

I just dont see this point of view. You like your R11 obviously. Do you like it any less after those gawd awful singing commercials about one club being different because it was painted?

It was just the whole feeling of the commercial. It makes you feel like you are purchasing a gintsu knife instead.

It was just the whole feeling of the commercial. It makes you feel like you are purchasing a gintsu knife instead.

See in some ways I felt that way about the R11 driver. Was I purchasing a kids today or a driver?

Looks alot like the Maltby Trouble Out. The TO has been out for a long time. http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_MA0117_A_cn_E_669

Ya think so?

I see the trouble out as having a way bigger head (more FW like). Definitely not as deep. Having a completely different sole and while you can get the Miyazaki C. Kua shaft for it, the cost of the shaft separately would be the same cost as the Mashie sold together.

Now I have not tried the TO in months, but is it completely different now?

More or less comparing the rails and using it to get out of the rough,sand etc. I have only used them at the range. I have built quite a few for people though. They clame to be able to get the ball out of just about any lie. I dont think it has changed. Not really any bigger than some other OEM hybird heads out there imo. I like my Burners just fine.

Looks alot like the Maltby Trouble Out. The TO has been out for a long time. http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_MA0117_A_cn_E_669

More or less comparing the rails and using it to get out of the rough,sand etc. I have only used them at the range. I have built quite a few for people though. They clame to be able to get the ball out of just about any lie. I dont think it has changed. Not really any bigger than some other OEM hybird heads out there imo. I like my Burners just fine.

I guess i just dont see the resemblance. In fact I dont think they look anything like. I thought the TO was a decent club head when I tried it.

I dont think it worked for me as well as this does with the more compact head and C. Kua shaft though.

Back