Have the fans at the WM taken it too far?

They’ll have to change things because people couldn’t get around safely; if there was a medical emergency and someone died the promoter would be liable for a lawsuit I would imagine due to negligence. Not surprisingly, they’ve already announced there will be changes.

Eliminate the silly suites -grandstands-stadium seating and the problem is removed.
So, eliminate what makes the event what it is.

Seems like something the PGAT would do. 🙄

My take, the PGAT and their sponsors caused this mess. Bring on the booze and rowdy. I guess the PGAT wanted to be added to this list of rowdy world wide fan bases.,

My take, the PGAT and their sponsors caused this mess. Bring on the booze and rowdy. I guess the PGAT wanted to be added to this list of rowdy world wide fan bases.,

Disagree. People being asshats and not knowing how to have the slightest bit of self control caused this.

Before the 16th-hole-stadium nonsense the Phoenix Open had for decades been a successful Tour event.
So for this stop hasn't been successful since the stadium has been used?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Before the 16th-hole-stadium nonsense the Phoenix Open had for decades been a successful Tour event.
Not anywhere NEAR as successful as it has been after. Full stop.

If they want football type fan support they will end up with football type fan behavior. It's not my jam, I've always liked the uniqueness of golf in a lot of respects, but a lot of people love it and that's where it seems its headed. To each their own.

It’s all fun and games until somebody dies.

Disagree. People being asshats and not knowing how to have the slightest bit of self control caused this.

The the tour allowed it to occur many years ago, it kinda started in 1997 when TW aced the 16th at Phoenix Open. And its morphed from there. I recall in GOLF mag,they called this event " The “people’s major,” as it’s been dubbed, has become the biggest, baddest bash in golf, part by necessity and part by design." Yes the tour allowed these asshats to be just that asshats, now after all of these years they have to fix it.

Someone could die at any tour event, let’s ban all the people.
Or just the ones where EMS can’t get to the people.

So any time there’s copious rainfall. Got it.
Did you think this past week was okay? Asking genuinely.
Or last year with the cups?

Did you think this past week was okay? Asking genuinely.
Or last year with the cups?
I was unsurprised, it’s the atmosphere they’ve set it up to be, so the outrage of it all fell on deaf ears for me.

You either want to be the party event, or not. So now they get to decide.

Was I bothered? Nah.

This isn’t a serious adult discussion at this point.
Because I have an opinion different than yours? Interesting.

I was unsurprised, it’s the atmosphere they’ve set it up to be, so the outrage of it all fell on deaf ears for me.

You either want to be the party event, or not. So now they get to decide.

Was I bothered? Nah.
Well yeah, unsurprised for sure. Although I think those that like the party atmosphere even struggled with this year.
But you personally, did you think it was okay?

Back