Headcovers Personal vs. Brand

TIGolfer1996

Reaction score
Handicap
What are your oppinions, keeping the brand headcover or getting your own personal ones?

I usually keep all the brand ones on, but I have a Rocky the Flying Squirrel Headcover and a THP Gopher Headcover I use on my driver and 3w.

I used a personal one for years but have since moved to brand

THP Headcover on the putter.
THP Headcover on the driver outside of Morgan Cup.

OEM headcover on the driver, Duke Blue Devil headcover on the fairway wood, Rocket Tour headcovers on the hybrids, OEM headcover on the putter. So there's a mix for me.

Callaway headcovers are always pretty cool so i'm all for keeping the brand headcovers

I just stick with the brand ones,,,,,,,,,,,, except for my Cobra ZL Encore driver. That headcover was coming nowhere near my bag...... I opted to buy an old cobra L4V headcover instead.

I personally have never been a big fan of the personalized HC's like Daphne's HC's and the like. But I did buy my wife a Baboon's butt headcover that she loves.

I usually use the OEM headcover if I have one.

I use the OEM headcovers on my sticks right now, but my driver headcover is about worn out so I may replace it with a personal one.

branded on the 3 metal and 3 rescue. U of M headcover!!

I use all of my OEM headcovers, except on my 3W, it's an Auburn headcover. When I am using a blade style putter, my THP Putter cover is on it.

If the brand cover is nice I keep it. With TaylorMade their covers tend to be very well made so I use them. Though, I did get a panda cover from my wife a little while ago and I used that for several weeks :)

Depends on the cover. I use the rocket tour covers for my FWs. My old driver I had a Brutus cover for. However, I really like the cover that comes with the Classic, so I'm using that. Putter depends on the mood. Rocking the THP one now, but I like to switch it up from time to time.

I actually find most stock head covers to be perfectly acceptable. I like the personal ones because my fiance can't tell if it's my old club underneath there or an all new one! :devil:

I usually like non-branded covers like Rocket Tour but thanks to Bridgestone's participation in the Morgan Cup I am rockin' Bridgestone head covers on the J40's.

I use the original head cover cause I'm to lazy to buy a personal one.
Although I wouldn't mind getting one I just like the simple look of the oem ones

Everything in my bag has to match Ohio State colors...so, I would use an OEM cover if it matched up. Currently, here is my set up:

Driver - No headcover. I never use one on my driver, it's a weird superstition I have.
3 wood - Brutus Buckeye.
Hybrid - No headover, but I'd like a little knit one with a yarn ball on top in red and white
Putter - Bettinardi cover, white with red stitching. If I ever switch putters, I will be an OEM one that matches with red color (i.e. a Red Cameron cover if I get a Scotty, etc.)

I like the OEM head covers!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

Everything in my bag has to match Ohio State colors...so, I would use an OEM cover if it matched up. Currently, here is my set up:

Driver - No headcover. I never use one on my driver, it's a weird superstition I have.
3 wood - Brutus Buckeye.
Hybrid - No headover, but I'd like a little knit one with a yarn ball on top in red and white
Putter - Bettinardi cover, white with red stitching. If I ever switch putters, I will be an OEM one that matches with red color (i.e. a Red Cameron cover if I get a Scotty, etc.)

So, something sort of like this? :D

20120521_194147.jpg

Removed the Mashie head cover for one that matches my 7W. Haven't taken a pic since.

O-H!

I use OEM headcovers for everything except my driver that has a THP headcover on it, I'd use the THP putter cover as well but I'm currently gaming a mallet putter.

Right now I am all OEM. But I usually have personal covers. I have a Yoda cover for my driver and a Daphine's Gator with the THP logo on it. I switch it up just so my bag doesn't get stale.

I play an R9460TP headcover on my R9ST because the guy I bought it from didn't give the the R9STTP headcover. OEM headcover on my hybrid. Currently the FT-9 is in a generic callaway headcover that the guy gave me with it. dumb craigslist people. THP putter cover on my putter.

I use all OEM head covers. In fact, I think I've never owned non-OEM head covers.

I got a pretty sweet leprechaun HC for my driver that I plan to use, THP putter cover, OEM FW and hybrid HC's. If only THP had a mallet HC for us I'd have one for my MX now.

I generally go with brand with the exception of the putter, outside of The Morgan Cup of course.

Back