High Top Puma Golf Shoes

I would literally laugh at someone who showed up in either of those.

He actually wore those on tour?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

And he won in those.

I'll admit, more and more I want a pair of them just because of how much they seem to bother some.

It's adorable how people complain about OEMs just maintaining the status quo and then when someone does something different the hive swarms to cry outrage.

Rock out with your bad self.

Ha-ha .

It's amazing how many dump on Keegan's Jordan's but think these things are awesome.

I dont personally think the shoes are that big of a deal. I wouldnt wear them but I dont care that Rickie is continuing to do something different. Honestly if I had better game id probably wear knickers lol I think they look sharp

Ha-ha .

It's amazing how many dump on Keegan's Jordan's but think these things are awesome.

They arent my cup of tea personally but I wouldnt mock someone for rocking them.

They arent my cup of tea personally but I wouldnt mock someone for rocking them.
I'm a bad person and I would.

I hope if I ever showed up looking this silly someone would say something to me.

Kinda like when you have a booger hanging out.

It's adorable how people complain about OEMs just maintaining the status quo and then when someone does something different the hive swarms to cry outrage.

Fashion over function makes this reaction justifiable.
That he looks absolutely ridiculous makes this reaction justifiable.
That someone named 'fritters' thanked your post makes this reaction justifiable.

I knew I could at least count on you.

Fashion over function makes this reaction justifiable.
That he looks absolutely ridiculous makes this reaction justifiable.
That someone named 'fritters' thanked your post makes this reaction justifiable.

Ridiculous to you maybe. But fact remains the look is in style apparently according to my wife who follows fashion trends so apparently Cobra/Puma knows what they are doing.

A lot of people mocked the flatbill on here but are accepting of the shoes. Just find it interesting

Ridiculous to you maybe. But fact remains the look is in style apparently according to my wife who follows fashion trends so apparently Cobra/Puma knows what they are doing.

Tear away track pants were in style about 15 years ago... Did they make an appearance on the golf course?

You post a photo of a dude in spaceboots on a forum full of golfers and you're going to get slagged for it. Puma makes some incredible shoes (nearly the majority of my shoe collection) but these shoes are downright stupid.

I'll make sure I count how many people I see in sweat pants and high tops on the golf course this year and report back.

If the number is above zero I will apologize.

Tear away track pants were in style about 15 years ago... Did they make an appearance on the golf course?

You post a photo of a dude in spaceboots on a forum full of golfers and you're going to get slagged for it. Puma makes some incredible shoes (nearly the majority of my shoe collection) but these shoes are downright stupid.

Cant thank this post enough, a bit of a reach and deviation from the norm for whatever reason with these

Oh and if anyone does purchase a pair of these I beg you please post a picture.

I want these more and more the more I read. haha

Seriously go back 10 years and read about...

Athletic Shoes
Spikeless
Tech shirts
Cavity backs
Hybrids
Graphite Shafts

The list is endless. People dont like change.
They are not my thing, but some of the stuff in this thread is downright funny.

Athletic Shoes
Spikeless
Tech shirts
Cavity backs
Hybrids
Graphite Shafts

Agreed.

Starting with the fact someone would pay money to look like that.

At least Rickie is making a ton of money to do it.

I was thinking back to the flatbill craze (which I'm still not a fan of) and how it was received on the forum. Really not much different from this.

The beautiful thing, though, is we're all invited to have our own takes and preferences. If there is a genuine advantage to using these shoes, and it's proven over time, I'll be sold on giving them a shot. If it's just a fashion statement, I'll shake my cane and laugh when I see them.

.....although I could see that setup being wonderful for fall and spring golf when it's raining a lot. Save my pants from the mud.

Agreed.

Starting with the fact someone would pay money to look like that.

At least Rickie is making a ton of money to do it.

I dont mind them. They are not my thing, but they were not that bad actually.

The funny thing is that they could actually offer something in terms of stability, but like many things, people dont like change.
I seriously think about when it was nothing but saddle shoes, crusty old men and thick cotton shirts and thank ****ing gawd companies decided to think outside the box.

Although I do think some people prefer a box. Nothing wrong with that mind you.

Athletic Shoes
Spikeless
Tech shirts
Cavity backs
Hybrids
Graphite Shafts

The biggest difference here being that all the things you listed actually benefit golfers..?

I haven't read anything on Rickie's new shoes. Are there advantages to using them over regular golf shoes?

The biggest difference here being that all the things you listed actually benefit golfers..?

I haven't read anything on Rickie's new shoes. Are there advantages to using them over regular golf shoes?

How does spikeless benefit golfers?
Or athletic style vs traditional?

How does spikeless benefit golfers?
Or athletic style vs traditional?

Soft spikes in general, maybe not that much, but I'd argue the shoe tech going lighter and lighter with greater comfort in athletic design has improved the ability to walk a course quite a bit.

Maybe that's why I feel like this is such a miss. Hard to sell a guy on stability who doesn't even bother to tie his shoes hahahaha

Soft spikes in general, maybe not that much, but I'd argue the shoe tech going lighter and lighter with greater comfort in athletic design has improved the ability to walk a course quite a bit.

Maybe that's why I feel like this is such a miss. Hard to sell a guy on stability who doesn't even bother to tie his shoes hahahaha

You might be right, and as mentioned they are not my thing.
Just look at it as a guy being an individual because a company thinking outside of the box.
FWIW, Nike did the Bandon shoes and people kind of liked them.

I look at this a lot like I view anything new that comes out. It might hit and it might miss, but its certainly in style.
I wouldnt mock someone for choosing it, and certainly am not mocking someone for not liking it.

I will own a pair but might be hard pressed to spot with shorts. Now with pants during the moths I can wear them, I'll be a rock star. And for the record Keegan's high tops are way uglier than these.

Back