Howdy from "south of Dallas"

spazzdog

Reaction score
Handicap
Lots
Hi y'all!

I'm an ex-runner (30 yrs), part-time road cyclist that has just taken up golf - its a lot easier on the knees :) Been playing a couple times or more per month with my bro-in-law for about 8 months.

A beginner and female means I'm playing from the forward tees these days but have set some goals for the future to move back one tee box once my game improves (i.e. when I break 100 consistently). Where I am I only have guys to play and being able to move back eventually will speed the pace a bit - not to mention the sudden squealing of brakes as we, once again, almost zoom past my ladies tee box.

That's it for now... Looking forward to hanging out.

spazzdog

Welcome fellow Texan to THP!

Welcome to THP spazzdog. You'll be on the back tees before you know

I'm hoping so... Went from no scoring in the beginning, mostly because I couldn't count that high, to consistent 120's with lots of not counted "do overs" (my bro-in-law was very patient), to now playing "big girl golf" where everything counts and I'm staying in the low 120's.

I go to the range 2-3 times a week and swat a couple of large buckets, trying to get the feel of what the good hits feel like compared to the whoopsies. I am pretty flexible and strong for a gal my age due to a life of athletics so the good driver shots go 120-140 right now, but occasionally further. My biggest hindrances are 1) I stand up halfway through my forward swing and top the ball or 2) I hit it with good distance and the ball takes a sudden right turn.

Am working on that... When I get it right, I have great results. Mostly I'm really just enjoying myself, learning the rules and not getting emotionally wrapped up in a bad performance day.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Howdy! My sister lives just outside of Dallas I love Dallas so much it's awesome glad to have you aboard

Welcome to THP!!!

Nice to meet you!!!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP fellow Texan!

Hello spazzdog, good luck with your game, keep us posted on your progress.

You betcha!

The progress may not be all that inspiring, but it should provide some good comic relief ;b

spazzdog

SP, welcome to THP

Welcome aboard spazzdog!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Welcome to THP...we are glad to have some more Texans around here!

Back