For folks that have the 11 or newer, I’m on the X - is it worth upgrading for the camera? I’m intrigued by nightmode but other than that I’m satisfied with the X

The battery on my X was just so bad at this point. That and the camera app was starting to have some consistent issues. I think it's a good upgrade from the X, but if I wasn't having those issues I might not have jumped so quickly. I do think it's a better phone and the slight bump in screen size along with the camera improvements are nice.

The battery on my X was just so bad at this point. That and the camera app was starting to have some consistent issues. I think it's a good upgrade from the X, but if I wasn't having those issues I might not have jumped so quickly. I do think it's a better phone and the slight bump in screen size along with the camera improvements are nice.
I am in the same boat. I’m lucky that my office will pay for my upgrade so I decided to do it. At this point with remote working and conference calls, I think having the best available iphone option is worth it.

The IPhone 12 just doesn’t wow me to upgrade this year. Sure 5G sounds great, but like 4K live TV it’s still has limited availability. I am going to wait a year and see if the notch is removed on the next integration and of course hope my area gets 5G available.

Flat edges for the 12 are because Corning can’t bend the ceramic glass like they can gorilla glass for the convex shape of the 11.

Apple says it’s for durability, but they really didn’t have a choice.
That’s interesting for sure. Where did you get that information?

The IPhone 12 just doesn’t wow me to upgrade this year. Sure 5G sounds great, but like 4K live TV it’s still has limited availability. I am going to wait a year and see if the notch is removed on the next integration and of course hope my area gets 5G available.
I agree with you. Didn’t wow me either. We have 5G here, and it’s very fast, but I would prefer to have finger print back and a few other features already available elsewhere.

In a year it will be a 14. :ROFLMAO:

I’m curious for people going with the Max or who have had a max - any issues with the phone fitting in front jeans pockets? I’m thinking of going max for some reason.

I’m curious for people going with the Max or who have had a max - any issues with the phone fitting in front jeans pockets? I’m thinking of going max for some reason.
I had a 6 plus many moons ago. No issues for me.

I agree with you. Didn’t wow me either. We have 5G here, and it’s very fast, but I would prefer to have finger print back and a few other features already available elsewhere.

I had all of that, you made me give it up for this 12, why did we get these phones? Time to go back to the 8. :ROFLMAO:

Next year is most likely on the fingerprint.

I had all of that, you made me give it up for this 12, why did we get these phones? Time to go back to the 8. :ROFLMAO:
The 8 was destroyed by the X. Now I have not given up my X as of yet. The X is the first phone I have not felt a need to upgrade.

The 8 was destroyed by the X. Now I have not given up my X as of yet. The X is the first phone I have not felt a need to upgrade.

That's how I was about the 8. I planned to keep it until it died. I especially loved how small it was because I have small hands.

That's how I was about the 8. I planned to keep it until it died. I especially loved how small it was because I have small hands.
My wife is still using the 8. She is happy with it. However the X is so much better. I’m sure the 12 is better but I’m not paying $1200 when I’m happy with what I have. ;)

My wife is still using the 8. She is happy with it. However the X is so much better. I’m sure the 12 is better but I’m not paying $1200 when I’m happy with what I have. ;)

We basically got the cost of the phones back in trade in value with a promotion so the new 12's didn't cost us much at all.

No issues here. I’ve had the plus/pro max the last few years/iterations and plan on going with the pro max next week as well. My wife does the same.

No issues here. I’ve had the plus/pro max the last few years/iterations and plan on going with the pro max next week as well. My wife does the same.
Thanks! My wife used to have one but I just can’t recall. The extra size doesn’t appear to be all that meaningful in the abstract but makes a ton of difference for the specs.

Thanks! My wife used to have one but I just can’t recall. The extra size doesn’t appear to be all that meaningful in the abstract but makes a ton of difference for the specs.
I debated going the opposite direction with the mini, but it’s too small I think. So went standard

I debated going the opposite direction with the mini, but it’s too small I think. So went standard
I wish I could get my hands on both and just figure it out but the local Apple store isn’t exactly a place I want to be (long story involving car thefts).

I wish I could get my hands on both and just figure it out but the local Apple store isn’t exactly a place I want to be (long story involving car thefts).

cell phone store maybe?

We basically got the cost of the phones back in trade in value with a promotion so the new 12's didn't cost us much at all.
Well if I could get that I’d do it. All my previous attempts only offered $400 trade in.

cell phone store maybe?
Is that like a RadioShack? Do those exist? The closest Verizon store is right next to Apple. I’ll figure something out - my guess is I’ll let my wife order hers first and I’ll see if I could make the size work. She has her mind made up already.

I had the 6+ and 7+ I liked the screen size, but didn’t like the overall size of the phone. They were big in the pocket and didn’t fit in cup holders, where I often put phones in cars, golf carts, etc. I went to standard size with the XS (which is bigger than the standard 7 or 8, but still smaller than the Plus/Max models) and it’s kind of my happy place right now. I love the bigger screen on the Max, but don’t like the bigger size when it comes to carrying it around.

I had the 6+ and 7+ I liked the screen size, but didn’t like the overall size of the phone. They were big in the pocket and didn’t fit in cup holders, where I often put phones in cars, golf carts, etc. I went to standard size with the XS (which is bigger than the standard 7 or 8, but still smaller than the Plus/Max models) and it’s kind of my happy place right now. I love the bigger screen on the Max, but don’t like the bigger size when it comes to carrying it around.
All great considerations. I’m wrestling with it because it will (likely) be a two year commitment

Did anyone take advantage of the ATT offer where the phone is supposedly free? I’ve read it’s legit, that it’s their way of guaranteeing 5g network usage. But from what I initially read it looks like they are prorated the phones cost over 30 months. Not sure. What say you guys?

I have the IPhone 11 Max and really like that size. Fits perfectly in my pocket and it’s not too big that I can’t type with one finger.

Back