I upgrade every year. I see no reason this year changes that trend. Though I am becoming increasingly underwhelmed each year.

Why? I can see if you’re a “techie” but otherwise, I don’t get it. So long as my phone does what I want it’s “staying in the bag” so to say.

Why? I can see if you’re a “techie” but otherwise, I don’t get it. So long as my phone does what I want it’s “staying in the bag” so to say.

I definitely don’t need to upgrade each year, but I enjoy new technology and change. It’s way more of a want than a need. My wife worked for Apple (retail) for a while after college and does the same.
There’s nothing significantly different year over year that makes it necessary, but we like and enjoy it.

Did anyone take advantage of the ATT offer where the phone is supposedly free? I’ve read it’s legit, that it’s their way of guaranteeing 5g network usage. But from what I initially read it looks like they are prorated the phones cost over 30 months. Not sure. What say you guys?

The phones are basically free, but how they do it is by giving you a bill credit each month for 24 months, and if you cancel the plan before the 24 months are up, then you have to pay the difference of what would still be owed on the phone, that's how they get you.

We checked with them since we have AT&T for internet, but they weren't able to get us anywhere close to what we were paying with Spectrum.

I also have an iPhone X, and I normally replace my iPhone every two years or so. However, my X still works pretty well, and since 5G isn’t projected to hit metro Tucson until mid-late 2021, I have no compelling reason to switch phones.
Looks like I had a compelling reason after all: my g/f’s mom still uses an iPhone 6, and it’s on its last legs battery-wise. I’m giving her my iPhone XS, and picking up a 12 Pro for myself. Win-win for both of us!!

I definitely don’t need to upgrade each year, but I enjoy new technology and change. It’s way more of a want than a need. My wife worked for Apple (retail) for a while after college and does the same.
There’s nothing significantly different year over year that makes it necessary, but we like and enjoy it.
Said by most internet golfers about their equipment. (y) New toys are fun. Enjoy!

With the AT&T offer we I can upgrade myself, wife and 2 kids from the 8 to the 128gb 12 and have my Monthly bill decrease by about $20. No brained...I’ll be making the switch this weekend. Plus, I liked how the 12 is almost the same size but the picture goes to the edge of the phones body, making it seem like a bigger phone.

Those of you who just bought iPhone 12 how does your power and accessories works? I know phone it self still has lightning cable. In my house we have no USB-c adapters. My macbook don’t have it and my car don’t have c connectors.
I have bunch of old usb charger but none are c type. I rely charging and use apple CarPlay in my car. I also charge it on my macbook and use hotspot when I’m outside working. Yes i could go wireless on hotspot but I use usb so it maintains battery level. So do I really need usb-c charger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the update today. The wife and my phones are ordered, to arrive next week. The kid’s phones are in hand, trying to restore when both devices are broken. #fun. I really do like how the picture goes to the edge, making it seem like a phone with nearly the same footprint is actually bigger. And apparently the Apple gawds are all knowing because the battery on my 8 has jumped the shark today. Coincidence?

Last edited:
We did the update today. The wife and my phones are ordered, to arrive next week. The kid’s phones are in hand, trying to restore when both devices are broken. #fun. I really do like how the picture goes to the edge, making it seem like a phone with nearly the same footprint is actually bigger.
I’m with you there. As a former phablet user I just can’t imagine the large phone anymore

Those of you who just bought iPhone 12 how does your power and accessories works? I know phone it self still has lightning cable. In my house we have no USB-c adapters. My macbook don’t have it and my car don’t have c connectors.
I have bunch of old usb charger but none are c type. I rely charging and use apple CarPlay in my car. I also charge it on my macbook and use hotspot when I’m outside working. Yes i could go wireless on hotspot but I use usb so it maintains battery level. So do I really need usb-c charger?

Your old usb -a lightning cables will still work just fine. You only need a usb-c style brick if you plan on using the included usb-c lightning cable.

I tried every way to convince my 12 year old to take my XR and let me use his 7+ as trade, but for some strange reason he's attached to that 7+..... Between adding a line, trading in his phone and 5+ years loyalty rebate through T-Mobile I would have had basically $730 in credit on one.

The newer iPads and Apple MacBooks use USB-c. We have a few of these chargers and I like the fact that I can have one charger for my iPhone that will also charge my iPad Pro or my wife’s MB Pro.

Attachments

• F54DCFB9-9243-4D26-A081-0EFC2A6A586D.jpeg
    F54DCFB9-9243-4D26-A081-0EFC2A6A586D.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 8
The newer iPads and Apple MacBooks use USB-c. We have a few of these chargers and I like the fact that I can have one charger for my iPhone that will also charge my iPad Pro or my wife’s MB Pro.

I do too, but sadly Apple could have made this 100% better by having the port be USB-C as well.
MacBook Pro - USB C
iPad Pro - USB C
iPhone - Lightning

I do too, but sadly Apple could have made this 100% better by having the port be USB-C as well.
MacBook Pro - USB C
iPad Pro - USB C
iPhone - Lightning

Agreed. They are so damn stubborn but maybe on the iPhone 13? So nice that 3 of our 4 MB's and our two iPad Pros all have USB C.

Agreed. They are so damn stubborn but maybe on the iPhone 13? So nice that 3 of our 4 MB's and our two iPad Pros all have USB C.
And don’t even get me started about the stupid watch charger, which is awful. Picked up one of these because it’s another cord that doesn’t even plug into their own laptop. Complete fail.

ED244615-116B-4BB0-B43B-210F162AE0F6.jpeg

Complete agreement with the rants about lack of usb-c. My iPad pro has it. Come on Apple. You were at the bleeding edge adding usb-c to your laptops. It is beyond time to make this change.

I don't know that I'll get an iPhone 12 but would like the pro camera setup. 5g is whatever to me. 5g still has a limited geography, and at this point faster does not yet provide me any tangible benefit. LTE works well.

Complete agreement with the rants about lack of usb-c. My iPad pro has it. Come on Apple. You were at the bleeding edge adding usb-c to your laptops. It is beyond time to make this change.

I don't know that I'll get an iPhone 12 but would like the pro camera setup. 5g is whatever to me. 5g still has a limited geography, and at this point faster does not yet provide me any tangible benefit. LTE works well.
It may have been horse hockey but the ATT person I spoke with basically said 4G phones will be obsolete in about a year. Seems like crappola but I’d already made the buy decision so I don’t know why she’d lie.

Since 'Off Course' released a day early and will be throwing me off my normal friday routine; might as well replace that tomorrow with ordering the ProMax for my wife and I.

Probably also going to pick up a homepod mini.

ProMax preordered for myself and wife! I went pacific blue, she went silver.

I just priced the equivalent Pro Max to my iPhone 11 Pro Max and the total was almost $1,742.03 with Applecare+ and taxes. I am on the upgrade plan and that is just way too much for a phone regardless. I'm keeping my iPhone 11 Max - there is just not enough to warrant that kind of cost.
Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 9.28.26 AM.png

Want. Pro. Max.

My XS Max battery has all of a sudden taken a dump. With Apple offering me 370 on trade in for the phone, I may go for the 12 pro Max.

I had some funny messages issues with my 12 where I wasn't getting some. Reminded me of days when Id go apple to Android. I think that all got fixed today so we shall see. Other than that, Im happy with the 12 pro.

I haven't invested in any of the magsafe stuff yet. Still searching for a good kickstand case(makes it easier for the little one to watch videos).

I think I’m enjoying the phone more now that I got a case. The phone itself was quite slick.

im pretty bummed with all the incentives other companies have, we only have verizon here..
i really dislike every year new members/signups get better rates, free crap and here i am 20 year user paying the same old high bill that seems to increase every year.....

Back