Going to do it now!

According to Att my wife's 6 shows a status of shipped. My 6 plus shows 10/13/14 - 10/22/14

According to Apple mine is still "preparing for shipment" lol...downloading ios8 now but I needed 4.6gb as well. That's just absurd

stupid forced apps w/ new iOS. health,podcasts,tips and the trusty ol' newstand. Cant delete so I bury them in a folder.

Does android have these, apps that come on the phone and cannot delete?

I still have the 4. Won't be able to partake in all the cool stuff from iOS 8 unless I want to pay more per month for an upgrade. Way to go Apple. They sure know how to make their money.

I'm having to outsmart my phone a little bit here. Some apps that get used a lot are pretty data heavy, such as twitter. The app alone is only 30 something MB. The 346mb of data hanging out in there though needed to go. Delete the app, re-install it, get that space back.

Interesting.....never thought of doing that or that it would work. I'm sure Facebook is probably the same. Will do that on a few apps and see?

I still have the 4. Won't be able to partake in all the cool stuff from iOS 8 unless I want to pay more per month for an upgrade. Way to go Apple. They sure know how to make their money.

That's more of an AT&T issue isn't it?

Interesting.....never thought of doing that or that it would work. I'm sure Facebook is probably the same. Will do that on a few apps and see?

Facebook was the devil. I gained probably 340mb of storage back by canning it and reinstalling it.

Also, using the computer opposed to wireless download seemed to help with that 4.8gb required. I was at 1.2gb of storage left when started, installed without any issue.

stupid forced apps w/ new iOS. health,podcasts,tips and the trusty ol' newstand. Cant delete so I bury them in a folder.

Sort of and it depends on the Android. You can actually completely hide them though, so the icon does not exist for the most part.

I was under the impression that Sprint were crap though. Is that not the case? I could tempted if it's not.

My daughter has it and it has been very solid. Probably very location defendant. She's been fine in southern NJ, SE PS and in Orlando.

My wife is playing with ios8. She is liking it so far. She loves the quick text reply. She also was so excited to show me the new keyboard. She told me how easy it was. I then showed her mine, and how it is so similar. Took some wind from her sails.

Technically yes, but they can be removed from view at least. And they are the carrier forced ones, nothing from Android specifically.

My wife is playing with ios8. She is liking it so far. She loves the quick text reply. She also was so excited to show me the new keyboard. She told me how easy it was. I then showed her mine, and how it is so similar. Took some wind from her sails.

I wonder if that quick text is like what they've had on the jailbroken app BiteSMS. That was the one app I really missed when my phone was jailbroke. Very useful just replying to texts right as they appear on the locked/home screen.

I do like the new way to send pics. Much easier and they aren't in a tiny bubble in the message screen. Much bigger and easier to view

I wonder if that quick text is like what they've had on the jailbroken app BiteSMS. That was the one app I really missed when my phone was jailbroke. Very useful just replying to texts right as they appear on the locked/home screen.

it's a little different, the alerts on the lockscreen require that you slide to open in the messages app. But if you are on your phone playing a game or in an app, the test drops down from the top and you can just pull down to reply from where you are.

I liked BiteSMS when I had it as well, this is close enough IMO. Would like to reply from lockscreen without unlocking phone but...maybe in iOS 8.2...lol

it's a little different, the alerts on the lockscreen require that you slide to open in the messages app. But if you are on your phone playing a game or in an app, the test drops down from the top and you can just pull down to reply from where you are.

I liked BiteSMS when I had it as well, this is close enough IMO. Would like to reply from lockscreen without unlocking phone but...maybe in iOS 8.2...lol

very cool. I just wish Apple would get with it like how Bite SMS is/was. That was the main reason I jailbroke. Not for the pretty background apps. Maybe next year? lol

anyone preorder through Apple?

I checked my order status and it said delivery for the 19th

Ok same here. Just wondering how it's gonna get here by then. Unless they ship overnight. But with free shipping I doubt it's overnight.

Ok same here. Just wondering how it's gonna get here by then. Unless they ship overnight. But with free shipping I doubt it's overnight.

Last time I pre-ordered thru apple it was overnighted

iPhone 6

You can quick reply from the lock screen in iOS8. Just slide the notification to the right instead of left.

Edit:

Should be to the left instead of to the right. Took me a few tries to figure it out.

Last edited:
Got tracking notice on wife's 6. It'll be here Friday. Today I've been backing up and upgrading all our stuff to iOS8.

Back