It's official we've lost our mind!

DonW

Reaction score
Handicap
teens
Skipped out to play a quick 18 and as I reach 6th tee I look over to see the Hawk teeing off on the 2nd. We say hi and continue on all bundled up with 20 mph winds and a high in the low 50s I'm bogeying every hole which is great play for me. At the 12th it's really blowing and starting to sprinkle, I say the heck with it I'm having a great round. As I'm hitting my second the hail starts coming down and is soon getting just big enough to sting, I hit my third on the green (par 5) and figure no way I'm quitting now even though I'm putting through a layer of hail as I line up for a possible bird (it slowed my ball down but it ran pretty true). I get to the 14th tee and see that all the workers have quit and gone home, my feet are wet, the wind is blowing at 30, and I'm chilled to the bone the only people on the whole course are me and Hawk as I see he is coming up the 10th fairway (he kept playing through the hail too). We have definitely lost our minds! But it was worth it as I shot 17 over my best round in many years. :clapp:

what a great read, i love it! that's the way to represent THP fellas!!!!

Wow, that is insane that you're getting that weather already. We're actually enjoying a nice late fall season and while today was a little cool (50) and breezy it wasn't terrible, of course I wasn't playing golf either. Tomorrow the wind is down and I AM going to find my way out for at least a quick 9. Saturday's forecast is so nice our league is holding a non-league scheduled outing. 60 degrees and low wind, lots of sun. I'm lovin it!

Skipped out to play a quick 18 and as I reach 6th tee I look over to see the Hawk teeing off on the 2nd. We say hi and continue on all bundled up with 20 mph winds and a high in the low 50s I'm bogeying every hole which is great play for me. At the 12th it's really blowing and starting to sprinkle, I say the heck with it I'm having a great round. As I'm hitting my second the hail starts coming down and is soon getting just big enough to sting, I hit my third on the green (par 5) and figure no way I'm quitting now even though I'm putting through a layer of hail as I line up for a possible bird (it slowed my ball down but it ran pretty true). I get to the 14th tee and see that all the workers have quit and gone home, my feet are wet, the wind is blowing at 30, and I'm chilled to the bone the only people on the whole course are me and Hawk as I see he is coming up the 10th fairway (he kept playing through the hail too). We have definitely lost our minds! But it was worth it as I shot 17 over my best round in many years. :clapp:

That's some funny stuff Don and Hawk. Funny yet, I was out too, same winds and temps might have been a little cooler, but no rain or hail. But, we were serious golfers today, we walked, lol. The course was closed and we could get into the shed. Yes, crazy is the right word.

Hehehe, yeah that was pretty awesome. Don and I were the only two on the course. I played in 2:15 :)

sounds like that scene from Caddyshack with the Priest and Carl......lol I'd keep on playing hehe

Way to go guys, but next time keep the hail down by you. It made it's way to Cheeseland.

Kevin

That's pretty awesome. Are you sure you were putting golf balls and not hail stones?

Yeah it was kinda crazy, started out with clouds with occasional sun which would warm you up, the hail was smaller than a pea but enough came down that there was a sparse layer visible on the greens for a couple of holes. By the time we finished it was back to overcast with a little bit of occasional sun, this is the first day I have felt cold while outside, course I'm a recent transplant from Minnesota so this was a nice day in November for me as most of the courses are probably closing down right about now in Minnesota.

The scenes from caddy shack was all could think about while reading that. Congrats on the round Don.

I somehow managed to post this via my HTC Incredible, the worst named product ever.

sounds like that scene from Caddyshack with the Priest and Carl......lol I'd keep on playing hehe

Believe me that very thought crossed my mind as the cloud that brought the hail was pretty dark and I was definitely mindful of how far away the nearest shelter was located. I made damn sure not to take the Lords name in vain when I missed my putts. :angel:

That's funny. I was thinking of the exact same thing lol.

Great story guys! Hawk I knew you were a tough dude and you certainly lived up to my expectations. Now you guys coming to Blairsville next weekend might need to learn something from these tough guys :rain:

wow that is awesome. I have played in some pretty bad weather, including thunderstorms(I'm not the smartest guy), but never in hail!

Now there is a couple of hardcore golfers.

That's a great story! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the good round!

Back