Jordan Spieth DQ’D

Time to go to Liv. That's what the world's richest man would do. o_O

Rules are the rules, and this one has always been the same. He isnt the first, won’t be the last.

Hell I’ve seen HS kids DQ’d for it.
Change. The. Rule.

There is no reason in this day and age for them to even sign a scorecard. Everyone knows what he had on that hole.

Change. The. Rule.

There is no reason in this day and age for them to even sign a scorecard. Everyone knows what he had on that hole.
Nnnnnnnnnnnnno.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Change. The. Rule.

Since sports apparently need to stick with the archaic, maybe we should have football players start calling their own penalties too. Hell, do away with the Jumbotron scoreboards and have the coaches keep track of the score on the sidelines, right?

This should not be a rule, just an embarrassment to the rule governing bodies.

Not a problem with the rules ,
or a scorecard ….

Problem is , …. be topical as Tay Tay is playing Melbourne …

“ lts me ,Hi , l am the problem it’s me “

Know what you scored , mark it down ,
Not caddies fault
Not scores fault
Speiths fault

Just because he’s a favourite of some doesn’t mean you get leniency, or wants change the rules…

Here’s a learning moment… don’t f… up again

As for the should be digital etc ,,,,
You can’t frame a digital card and look over it hanging wall . Cards are beautiful memento of a game , a round , a score

Rule is a rule but this rule has to go

So the reason for the rule is you're playing against up to 150+ other players.

The player that teed off 6 hours ahead and 143 people before you is depending on the correctness of your score to ensure he's competing against the score you actually made.

The committee may be able to determine that you did not score what you wrote down, but may or may not be able to determine what your actual score was. Penalties are generally assigned according to the potential advantage a player might gain. Obviously the advantage a player might gain from recording a score lower than their actual score can be massive. Even one stroke could give them an undeserved win. Therefore, the penalty is severe.

Of course keep in mind the perspective on this penalty at the PGA Tour level where there are cameras and spectators everywhere. Imagine it at the high school level, where there's only a single official and Timmy and his marker (Johnny) got into a car and left. When the error was discovered 22 minutes before the close of the competition, they were in the middle of playing in a soccer tournament and could not be reached.

I wouldn't argue too much with a change that said, "if it can be determined with absolute certainty what the player's correct score was before the competition closes, the player is assessed a 2-stroke penalty for any holes where an incorrect lower score was recorded but otherwise the player is disqualified." But I'm also OK with saying "writing down the correct score and signing your card is the most simple requirement of the game. Do it right."

How are people supposed to take a sports serious when something like this is even possible on the PGA tour?

Since sports apparently need to stick with the archaic, maybe we should have football players start calling their own penalties too. Hell, do away with the Jumbotron scoreboards and have the coaches keep track of the score on the sidelines, right?
We need the play clock and shot clock kept with an analog clock.
clock GIF by Alex Boya

I can see it if you shoot more than you have fingers to count.... but a 3,4 ??? Even my golfing buddy can count to 4 (most of the time)... and when he doesn't I don't disqualify him,,, just smile and go on... knowing your one down now and got to try harder. ;)

Not a problem with the rules ,
or a scorecard ….

Problem is , …. be topical as Tay Tay is playing Melbourne …

“ lts me ,Hi , l am the problem it’s me “

Know what you scored , mark it down ,
Not caddies fault
Not scores fault
Speiths fault

Just because he’s a favourite of some doesn’t mean you get leniency, or wants change the rules…

Here’s a learning moment… don’t f… up again

As for the should be digital etc ,,,,
You can’t frame a digital card and look over it hanging wall . Cards are beautiful memento of a game , a round , a score

A beautiful memento? Have you seen the Tour scorecards? They’re pieces of paper.

Absurd rule.

I have no problem with a 2 stroke penalty. DQ is too much. He made a mistake. They have shot tracker on every stroke and can’t tell him he wrote down a wrong number before DQ?

I have always hated it and I am not a Spieth fan

A beautiful memento? Have you seen the Tour scorecards? They’re pieces of paper.

Absurd rule.
Broadly speaking for the average player who uses a card, not the post it note stuff they use , now .

It’s not the rule it’s the fool who didn’t follow the rule

Change. The. Rule.

Everyone knows every shot on the "Joe's Transmission mini-tour?"

Everyone knows every shot on the "Joe's Transmission mini-tour?"
I think it is stupid for the PGA Tour to DQ anyone over a scorecard error. Penalize someone for being an idiot and making a mistake: most definitely.

I think it is stupid for the PGA Tour to DQ anyone over a scorecard error. Penalize someone for being an idiot and making a mistake: most definitely.

What if you are unable to determine what his correct score was? Just add two strokes onto whatever he happened to write down and tough luck for all the guys who ended up with a lower placement and prize than they deserved?

Jordan is the one that should be embarrassed
I’m fascinated at how lost this reality is getting.

Does the rule suck? Meh. Should they be using technology to score? Probably.

Did he f**k up as the rule is currently? Absolutely.

What if you are unable to determine what his correct score was? Just add two strokes onto whatever he happened to write down and tough luck for all the guys who ended up with a lower placement and prize than they deserved?
They know what he had on that hole.

I’m fascinated at how lost this reality is getting.

Does the rule suck? Meh. Should they be using technology to score? Probably.

Did he f**k up as the rule is currently? Absolutely.
I agree 100% that he messed up the current rule. So change the rule.

It is stupid in this day that someone can get DQ’d for signing a wrong scorecard when they track every single shot.

I agree 100% that he messed up the current rule. So change the rule.

It is stupid in this day that someone can get DQ’d for signing a wrong scorecard when they track every single shot.
But they KNOW the rule, it’s never changed, this isn’t some surprise hidden thing, it’s one of the most basic things ever. Make sure you sign a correct card. Simple.

Broadly speaking for the average player who uses a card, not the post it note stuff they use , now .

It’s not the rule it’s the fool who didn’t follow the rule

Sure. But that’s not what they use in this instance. Those cards don’t really carry any mystique. They’re printer paper, basically.

Back