Journey to Break 85

That happens bro, but, that sounds like an awesome project. I hope you get to do it.

Me too dude. It just has been rough with all the new additions to the family (brothers side) and work schedules working out.

Ok...after completely making a fool of myself in the store and consulting with my inner jew...I cant spend 400$ on a driver. Making a last ditch effort to pick up a R9 Supertri and see if that can fix things.

Playing a tournament on the 11th so its pretty much locked up that I will be hitting my 3w from the tee. Based on how my play has been the last 2 weeks and how sore my shoulder is I am really hoping to break 85. Its on a new course and I have never played anything like it before.

Why the SuperTri?

Ok...after completely making a fool of myself in the store and consulting with my inner jew...I cant spend 400$ on a driver. Making a last ditch effort to pick up a R9 Supertri and see if that can fix things.

Playing a tournament on the 11th so its pretty much locked up that I will be hitting my 3w from the tee. Based on how my play has been the last 2 weeks and how sore my shoulder is I am really hoping to break 85. Its on a new course and I have never played anything like it before.

You playing the GolfWeek tourney? I'm still debating weather or not to play it. It seems like a great deal and opportunity since you don't have to pay the tour registration fee.

Good range session tonight!

Hit lots of drivers. Started off with some hooks, but straightened it out. I was experimenting a bit with ball position, tee height, grip, etc. Turns out that my normal set up is probably the best. Slow and steady wins the race :)

Worked on some wedge shots as well. Ball back + slightly closed face + steep pitch = super spinny and low ball that is cool to watch.

Also putted a bit and I still need to work on alignment. Stroke is pretty good.

-Keith Stone

Hit lots of drivers. Started off with some hooks, but straightened it out. I was experimenting a bit with ball position, tee height, grip, etc. Turns out that my normal set up is probably the best. Slow and steady wins the race :)

Worked on some wedge shots as well. Ball back + slightly closed face + steep pitch = super spinny and low ball that is cool to watch.

-Keith Stone

Good to hear hopefully we both get to 84 or better soon

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

I may or may not have carried some driver shots longer than I ever have.

Very nice man, what are you driving these days?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

-Keith Stone

All of this sounds good. I'm talking real good. Glad to hear youre working things out Hawk.

All of this sounds good. I'm talking real good. Glad to hear youre working things out Hawk.

Haha. The hook was pretty strong for a bit, but I like it better than the old slicer. It's not a snap hook. Just a really big draw. I might consider opening the face of my driver a bit as an experiment. Just to get it started out a little more right.

Ball flight has gone down a bit and that's a plus.

-Keith Stone

Nice bro!

REALLY NICE BRO!!! That is awesome!

I might have found my spin answer, but will need to verify on the LM.

if its an anti-slice answer, please share!!

Haha. The hook was pretty strong for a bit, but I like it better than the old slicer. It's not a snap hook. Just a really big draw. I might consider opening the face of my driver a bit as an experiment. Just to get it started out a little more right.

Ball flight has gone down a bit and that's a plus.

Nice bro!

REALLY NICE BRO!!! That is awesome!

This is exciting!

The anti-slice answer is the Vision Track dude. Check it out.

I'll try anything to get the Burner 2.0 back in the loop

I'll try anything to get the Burner 2.0 back in the loop

Seriously look it up. It, combined with a lesson and lots of practice have turned my slice completely around. It actually works well to get rid of a hook too. I can still slice it, but it has to be a complete disaster swing.

I have the vision track. Might have to bring it to the range with me. Hawk I'm excited for you man!!:bananadance:

Awesome bro! What do you think it is, or do you want to wait until you hit the LM?

The anti-slice answer is the Vision Track dude. Check it out.

I have the vision track. Might have to bring it to the range with me. Hawk I'm excited for you man!!:bananadance:

Except you forgot how to use it, or it would not have sat in my office for months, because I would have been using it.

Awesome bro! What do you think it is, or do you want to wait until you hit the LM?

I want to verify the numbers before I make sure.

I went to the range with in Indiana today and was rocking it! I've slowed my takeaway down ALOT over the last couple weeks - though it's probably not as slow as I think. I'm able to get into the right position with a better hinge that way and my driver is finally reacting to it. I hope to little baby jeebus I can take it to the course. PLEASE BABY JEEBUS.

So I went to the range on Friday after work and met up with Jefrazie. We are both testing the 2.0 irons and figured it would be cool to hit a few balls together, but this is not about the irons. Several months ago I went through a swing change to straighten out my irons, and when I was done I lost the ability to hit my driver more than 210-220 yards. I have been struggling ever since as that is 30-40 yards shorter than before and wit a big slice now. So, back to the range. Getting towards the end of my bucket, I pull driver to hit a few, and after the first one Jeff gives me a tip, and BOOM! I am back to killing the ball off of the tee with my miss now being a pull/pull draw. No more slice! Not even a fade! Went to the course today with Chunky and was able to take it to the course! Drove through the fairway on a hole that was 252 yards to go through. I was so excited, I could not wait to tell you guys!

Yorkem, that is awesome buddy! I know that has been a source of annoyance for awhile for.

Posted via Tapatalk

Yay Yorkem!

I shot 92 on a new to me course. Was just ok at everything. A little good and a little bad = average round.

I shot 92 on a new to me course. Was just ok at everything. A little good and a little bad = average round.

92 on a new track is pretty good Hawk. And yeah Yorkem was killing his driver yesterday:cowboy:

Back