Longest/slowest round you have been a part of

After 6 hours and 14 holes, I finally walked off the course.

I've played the course three times and only finished once. 6 hour rounds are the norm because idiots think they can play the blues and tips on one of, if not, the toughest course in the state.

I've played in a few 7 hour rounds last summer. To this day I have no idea what caused it to take so long but when we walked up to the 3rd hole (par 3) there were 4 or 5 other groups on the teebox and we knew we were done for. Called the clubhouse, they shrugged it off and we've never been back. Word is the course is losing money bigtime and is going to be turned into a public park soon.

8 hours, it was a benefit scramble. I won't play in it again, it was brutal hot.

Three hours for 9 any time on any course is that awful.

The way I see it, the golfer chooses to play at a time when the course is that busy. I don't like slow play one bit and wish for it to fade away quickly, but I've learned to deal with it. Any more than six or so hours and it gets ridiculous.

The way I see it, the golfer chooses to play at a time when the course is that busy. I don't like slow play one bit and wish for it to fade away quickly, but I've learned to deal with it. Any more than six or so hours and it gets ridiculous.

Six hours for nine?

Played with my buddy the other day, he is a new golfer and cant hit the broad side of a barn. Took 6 and a half hours to play 18. I wanted to shoot myself. I ended up shooting a 81 and he tapped in for a 187. Told him he needs to stick to the range for awhile.

Tapatalking from the bottom of the cup.

Longest round I've ever played was the THP Dallas invitational back in March. Fortunately, nothing about THP was at fault that day.

Played with my buddy the other day, he is a new golfer and cant hit the broad side of a barn. Took 6 and a half hours to play 18. I wanted to shoot myself. I ended up shooting a 81 and he tapped in for a 187. Told him he needs to stick to the range for awhile.

He doesn't need to hit the range, he needs to know when to pick up and move on to the next hole. No excuse for shooting 187. That's just stupid and inconsiderate of everyone you are playing with and everyone having to play through or behind you.

Sorry... Rant over.

recently... about 6 hours on black friday of last year (presidents club/eagle in palm beach) every hole about 1-2 back up - could have been worse and stuck shopping. i was watching 4-5 putts/ea in the group of ahead of us.

few years about 7 hours at crandon park - dunno what was up with that as i couldn't remember probably tourist or iguanas stealing balls.

Most of my super long rounds have been in charity scrambles which you know are going to be slow, other than that I don't think I have ever cracked five hours.

Bethpage, NY = many 6 hour rounds on weekends and in junior tournaments years ago on all five courses. Public golf on Long Island was slow; Bethpage on a weekend was glacial.

Dude.. Last week, the varsity tourny took 6 hours & 45 mins. Front nine took 4 hours & 15 mins. Shot 49 on the front, 40 on the back. I cannot stand slow play. One day i played 18 holes in 2 hours & 30 mins, and the last three holes took 45 mins. Was 5 over before 16, was 10 over after 18.

Tournament golf is the worst for speed of play. Everyone is giving every shot their all and taking the full five minutes searching for every errant ball. It always drove me nuts because I play my best golf when I don't break rhythm between shots/holes. There's no reason even a tourney round should take longer than 2:30 per 9.

Dude.. Last week, the varsity tourny took 6 hours & 45 mins. Front nine took 4 hours & 15 mins.

3-3.5 hours for 9 holes.

Gotta disagree with the notion that this is anyway acceptable on weekends or any other day. There is just no excuse for it. If places want to turn a profit they should just charge more to make up for appropriately spaced tee times and properly staffed Marshall's.

In a tourney, my group was a two-some. Was 110 degrees, 6 1/2 hr round.

six hours, a very loooong six hours, hot 85 and muggy, all 4 of us were at the end of our ropes, nothing we could do, a travel leauge booked ten tee times and we got behind them. one good thing, the travel leauge will not be allowed back at the course........played friday, got a cart and played by myself, was done with 18 in 2 hours, loved it and playe decent

My longest round went unfinished. We had a tee time around noon and proceeded to crawl along for an eternity. 100% the course's fault because it was bumper to bumper traffic out there. The sun was setting as we rolled up to the 13th and we were well past 6 hours at the point. I checked afterwards and I think the tee times were something like 5 minutes apart. It was borderline dangerous.

Longest was 6.5 hours for 13 hours. Ended up calling the club house and left with vouchers for next time. Every shot was about a 10 minute wait (after arriving at the ball).

7 hours. It was in the Canadian Parapalgic Association charity golf event. They had 144 golfers on a shotgun start so two foursome's on each hole once we reached our second hole it was backed up and the second group was just teeing off.

Longest round I've ever played was the THP Dallas invitational back in March. Fortunately, nothing about THP was at fault that day.

Damn redshirts!!!

Nearly 7 on a hot summer day in LA at the Griffith Park golf complex. I don't know if my wobbly legs and unfocused brain was the amount of time I waited or the dehydration. I ended up having to sit in my car, AC on, sucking down multiple gatorades and water. No way would I have safely made it home.

187. That is disgusting.

Even Stevie Wonder could shoot lower than that.

That is an average of 10.3 per hole!!!!!!!!!

Tell the guy to take up darts or something rather than golf.

Played in a scramble last year that went over 6 hours, we were one of the last off the tee and foursome in front of us was really slow. At the turn asked tournament officials to let us play through and they stated there was no gap. We thought there had be at least a couple of empty holes as we hadn't seen a group in front of them in hours, sure enough when we finally finished parking lot was empty and upon arrival at the banquet food was running out as everyone had already gone up for seconds and thirds. Don't understand how they could take that long playing best ball, it was painful.

6 Hours, first time meeting Canadan we played a local course on either the day before Memorial Day, or the day of...nightmare

Back