Longest/slowest round you have been a part of

5 1/2-6 hours is the norm at our local course as it's the only one worth playing as the others are dried up cow pastures.
Last 2 rounds were faster though, Monday we got done in 3.5. Weekends are brutal unless you tee off at daybreak.

I've played a few round in the 5 to 6 hour range in KC before. This was on the weekend and the course was packed, and there was nothing you could do about it. I've played in some STUPID scrambles at 9 hole courses where they packed the tournament and had 3 foursome groups on about 3 holes due to over bookings. That was one of those, tee off at 10am and finish at 7 pm days...sucked!

The THP Texas Invite was pretty brutal. Might have been 6 groups waiting to tee off on the 5th hole. I bet there were some 5.5 hour rounds. 75mph winds and being stuck behind a golf tournament that involved the Tiger Woods annual get together didn't help.

I've played a few round in the 5 to 6 hour range in KC before. This was on the weekend and the course was packed, and there was nothing you could do about it. I've played in some STUPID scrambles at 9 hole courses where they packed the tournament and had 3 foursome groups on about 3 holes due to over bookings. That was one of those, tee off at 10am and finish at 7 pm days...sucked!

I have one of those every year and keep going back. Always sucks, but for a good cause.

My shortest was 3 holes and I got called back to work to solve problems.

I've had a 6 hour round. Man that was long but I enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played in a 6 hour outing in 95 degree 100% humidity day with a buddy and two people who don't golf. Felt like the longest day of my life

3x6 hour round Tama Hills Golf course Japan. Base championship. 3 day tournament. It was brutal, 3 to 4 groups backed up at the par 3's 1to 2 on the rest. It seemed like we moved in groups of 16. There wasn't much to talk about at the boxes since we watch all the others play. It was just over crowded, and people had to keep actual score. Hitting balls that their was no chance of finding and not hitting a provisional. Coming back, hitting another one ob and so forth. Also had some professional putters that I swear we're waiting for the grass to grow so the greens would slow down... I assure you I'm not one of those hurry up and hit golfers. I follow my pre shot routine and compared to some I'm a bit slow. However, if I'm sitting there going would you at least address the ball already....then it's a slow day.

I have played in some 5+ hour rounds in my men's club. That gets pretty brutal because they penalize slow play. Our foursome would usually keep pace and always be waiting for the groups ahead of us. On occasion a few guys on my groups would have a bad hole or two and it was towards the end of the round causing us to come in late even though we were on top of the guys in front of us most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm absolutely beyond words right now... I just walked off the course mid round. I've never done that before. Even finished a round with a dislocated ankle. I showed up at 1130 for my 1204 tee time. Got checked in with the pro shop, and they said check in with the starter. It's an absolute zoo by the starter, yet somehow I tee off at 1147 with a group of 3 older gentleman. That's where it went downhill. The tee times are so close, and the starter is doing nothing to space the groups out. I waited for my second shot, putted out, and as we all roll up to the next tee, we are the 4th group waiting to tee off on a PAR 5!!!!!!! This went on the entire front 9, waiting, waiting, and waiting more. After 9 I just called it quits after the front 9 took 3 HOURS AND 7 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm absolutely beside myself with how awful it was. I went into the clubhouse to discuss the slow play with them, and the response I got was "what do you expect for a public course".... I expect a round of golf not to take 6 hours dammit!

So what's the longest/slowest/worst paced round you have been a part of.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

What course was that at?! I've played 6 hour rounds before.... In High School our home course would send people off in front of our Saturday tournaments. Those rounds were at a death crawl pace. 5 1/2 hours would be fast. Waited on every hole for a long long while.

6 hours, tournaments take a bit

Tapping from my IPhone

They have a golf outing every year where I work, and normal rounds are in the 6-7 hour range; half of the players take it seriously while the other half treats it like a boozefest.

Had a 3 hour round for nine holes at Disney's Magnolia course once. Was scheduled to play 18 but had to quit at the turn to make a dinner reservation. Disney did give me a full refund.

The Santa Scramble at my home course is known for 6-7 hour rounds but it's intentional. Pins are placed in nearly impossible spots, but that's part of the fun. Double bogey max. Lots of 4 putts in the 4 man scramble, with two teams playing together.

The THP Texas Invite was pretty brutal. Might have been 6 groups waiting to tee off on the 5th hole. I bet there were some 5.5 hour rounds. 75mph winds and being stuck behind a golf tournament that involved the Tiger Woods annual get together didn't help.

That was a long day, if memory serves correct I believe I was at 5:15 when I had to leave after 15 to catch a flight. Not my longest however - 7:25 minutes the 2nd time I played Pebble Beach. We tee'd off just after 11AM and finished at 6:30 - played behind a Japanese tour group of 80 occassional golfers but 80 full-time photographers

I still have nightmares.

5.5 hour 9 hole round. The course ran a groupon and triple overbooked everything. I have never gone back there.

I have nightmares from this past Sunday afternoon.

Never play behind Seth.

It's not his fault. It's ingrained in him to milk time.

I have nightmares from this past Sunday afternoon.

Never play behind Seth.

It was like a total stoppage each shot. Thought it would help take JB out of the match (which it did) but waiting that long took us all out! #LongestRoundEver

8 hour round last fall. Pba outing at ny country Club. Never again

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

My club championship second day round took 4 hours, 50 minutes this fall. Never again. Skin games on the weekends have been running from 4 to 4 1/2 hours a round as well. Enough of that as well.

That's a normal weekend round here in nj

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

played in a 3-some last year at Disney, first 6 holes an hour, last 12 hours almost 4 hours...5 hour total it was brutal on 17 we are waiting in the fairway its getting dark & the 2 some in front of is watching a deer running around

Last edited:
I played a 6 hour round in Vegas with fellow THPer Vegan702. It was quite enjoyable round though. Was a really nice course. Coyote springs

6 brutal hours. Played there twice since, but never on a weekend.

Pace of play is all kind of sad now. When I first started playing 3 1/2 hours was standard for 18.

Back