Longest/slowest round you have been a part of

dleavitt39

Reaction score
Handicap
14-16
I'm absolutely beyond words right now... I just walked off the course mid round. I've never done that before. Even finished a round with a dislocated ankle. I showed up at 1130 for my 1204 tee time. Got checked in with the pro shop, and they said check in with the starter. It's an absolute zoo by the starter, yet somehow I tee off at 1147 with a group of 3 older gentleman. That's where it went downhill. The tee times are so close, and the starter is doing nothing to space the groups out. I waited for my second shot, putted out, and as we all roll up to the next tee, we are the 4th group waiting to tee off on a PAR 5!!!!!!! This went on the entire front 9, waiting, waiting, and waiting more. After 9 I just called it quits after the front 9 took 3 HOURS AND 7 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm absolutely beside myself with how awful it was. I went into the clubhouse to discuss the slow play with them, and the response I got was "what do you expect for a public course".... I expect a round of golf not to take 6 hours dammit!

So what's the longest/slowest/worst paced round you have been a part of.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I played a 7 hour round once. Totally sucked. We were a twosome behind a course full of foursomes and fivesomes.

I was in a 6 man scramble last April in 35 degree snow/rain. They sent us out in 12somes. And there was a score keeper out with each group. Teed off at 9am and finished at 6:30pm. Almost made me quit

Tapa Slice

Some where around 5 hours in a captain and crew tournament. Everyone ends up really drunk so it doesnt matter how long it takes after about the 5th hole.

I played an 8 and a half hour round during a scramble started at 10 in the morning and didn't get done until 6:30ish. The people running the tournament had no clue what they were doing and had 2 teams (foursomes) playing together on each hole filling up only half of the holes. They tried to make like an individual event and had each team switched scorecards. Needless to say I did not play in that tournament the following year.

An 8 hour scramble last year.

I played last year in Atlanta is 6:10, thought I would eat my arm. I caddied in a 7:20 round for the Canadian tour qschool. Wanted to choke every player other my loop. He was going nuts. We waited on every shot.

I've played/caddied for a couple 6-7 hour rounds. I don't think slow play is a big deal though.

shortest round, just 2 people (me and my friend) -> 132 minutes for full 18 holes
longest round -> 4 people, on sat. afternoon at a course known to be slow. 395 minutes

I played in a 3-some that took 5 hours last December at Disney Osprey Course, 1st 6 holes took about an hour, last 12 holes took 4 hours. It was brutal we were trying to beat darkness and the 2 guys in front of us were watching a baby deer run around on the 17th hole, very frustrating....

I don't know if it was the longest I played, but it sure had the worst start. One year in the Augusta City Amateur I shot 70 the first day, which landed me in the final foursome of the 156 player event for day 2 of the 54 hole event. We teed off right on our 2:20 tee time. After two miserable holes, I asked the time as we walked to the third tee. One hour and 4 minutes to play the first two holes. This was in mid-July, upper 90's and humid, walking and carrying. After the fifth hole I approached the same group follower and asked - 2 hours and 12 minutes to play 5 holes. Funny thing was, after that play started moving better, and we got through the 18 in 5:45 total. My mind was baked early and I shot 77 to fall well off the lead. Amazingly the first day leader and eventual winner shot 71.

Just finished a 6.5 hour round behind 4 groups of old guys playing the course sideways. Dunno if its the longest ever for me but the most recent.

Wow, and I thought I was bad! I just have no patience for slow play unless it's with a group of friends I know, ie: THP outing.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

That seems like a lot of people for a monday.

About a 7-hour tournament. My group kept up OK, but it was just painfully slow.

I played a 7 hour round once. Totally sucked. We were a twosome behind a course full of foursomes and fivesomes.

SEVEN hours!!!!!!!!!! I bet you needed another shave after been out that long.

I tell you, I would have been in the pub for two of those as I would have walked after 5 hours, that is if I even made it to 5.

6-7 hour tournaments. Got stuck behind the last flight guys, and there were a number of long walks back to the tee after losing the first drive AND a provisional. EIGHT hour Chamber of Commerce scramble, but I knew what I was getting into and just drank myself calm. A bad weekend, 5 1/2 to just under 6h. No sense getting wound, if I had better / other things to do I wouldn't be golfing, right?

I recall one of the nicest days of the summer last year. Course I went to with my dad was beyond packed. Anyways, we played the first 3 holes without much of a problem, then on the 4th tee we hit a wall. Turns out a beyond drunk 6some had backed up play from us on 4 to them on 8. Called the clubhouse to get a representative out to encourage them to let smaller groups play through but nothing happened. Ended up walking off the course after 6 holes that took 2 hours 15 minutes.

Mine was last Feb at Grand Cypress New Course. We were 6:05....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Three hours isn't that awful for nine holes on a busy day at a busy course. It's not good, but I've seen worse.

Longest I've ever been in is right around that, three hours, on a league night.

THPing on Tapatalk

Three hours isn't that awful for nine holes on a busy day at a busy course. It's not good, but I've seen worse.

Longest I've ever been in is right around that, three hours, on a league night.

THPing on Tapatalk
Three hours for 9 any time on any course is that awful.

Los Verdes in Palos Verdes, CA, just south of L.A. Gorgeous views, but a 6 hour round is flying. It's infamous.

I played Memorial Park in Houston once and it was a 7 hour round....BRUTAL

2.5 Hour nine holes a few to many times to be acceptable, WHILE PLAYING BY MYSELF. I HATE it when crappy golfers take 6 practice swings, stand over the ball for a minute, then top it. HIT THE BALL! They waste my time, waste any good swing they may have and they never let me play through. The problem with hitting it far is that I have to wait to hit my 2nd shots on the Par 5s (where most people take FOREVER), because I can hit my tee shot to Pitching Wedge distance on both par 5s at this course. Sorry if this turned into a rant, but it really grind my gears.

I played in a few scrambles that have taken upwards of 6 hours. The longest regular round just going out to the course with my playing partners is about 5:30, which is enough to drive me insane. I can't imagine enduring some of the rounds that some of you guys have had to.

Back