Mizuno #AStarIsBoron

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A second teaser has arrived from the folks at Mizuno.

aqu7agan.jpg

ahabygaj.jpg

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

I hope the sticks are better than the marketing so far.

Yawn....

Does boron mean boring?

You can't argue with physics chemistry

I'm excited. New 800 series, with boron? Looking forward to more.

My god these companies and their releases. They are going to run the industry into the ground!

Does nothing to excite. Interesting to see where they go from here.

My god these companies and their releases. They are going to run the industry into the ground!

I heart you.

I'm interested how all of this fits into their new model, but too little info and a little too drawn out to hold my attention. I do appreciate the effort though.

Seems pretty interesting. I would like to hit them when they are released. JB that cap is my size if you want to send it my way. :D

Can't go wrong with an attempt to bring new/materials into the golfing world. Looking forward to see where this goes.

anyone know what the 10881 means?
ok just googled

tagged to this
http://www.alfa.com/en/catalog/89964
in the left window i see frequently bought with
10881 tantalum (v) oxide puratronic
http://www.alfa.com/en/catalog/10881

Tantalum pentoxide, also known as
tantalum(V) oxide, is the inorganic compound with the formula Ta
. It is a white solid that is insoluble in all solvents but is attacked by strong bases and hydrofluoric acid. Tais an inert material with a high refractive index and low absorption (i.e. colourless), which makes it useful for coatings.[SUP][2][/SUP] It is also extensively used in the production of capacitors, due to its high dielectric constant.

BORON ='s boring advertisement. I am holding steady that I don't need to keep accumulating clubs in my garage.

I'm interested!

hmm, i think the marketing so far has been on the "better than average" scale of clever... They really should have just sent a stick of butter though...that would have gotten some responses :D

As long add they are forged by Zeus it doesn't matter what they use.

Interesting to see what is going to come of this...and off topic, but a new THP watermark?

I always like new releases. Some are brought quick, some are teased and some are dragged out. In my experience, something quite technical like this one would have been better served being brought with knowledge, rather than the StarIsBorn angle, but Im still looking forward to testing them like I do every piece of gear that comes out.

But I hear what you guys are saying. In today's day and age of launches, teasers (which THP is not short of) need to bring excitement and something special. Not sure metal talk will do that.

Every time a company draws out their releases with all these little nuggets of info the product never lives up to the hype.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think this will be anything crazy special.

I always like new releases. Some are brought quick, some are teased and some are dragged out. In my experience, something quite technical like this one would have been better served being brought with knowledge, rather than the StarIsBorn angle, but Im still looking forward to testing them like I do every piece of gear that comes out.

But I hear what you guys are saying. In today's day and age of launches, teasers (which THP is not short of) need to bring excitement and something special. Not sure metal talk will do that.

It doesn't help the Boron makes you think Boring. It would be nice to know why they are going this route. Just think the marketing team made a huge mistake so far with this one.

I do want to see the irons. Much more than Boron.

Back