Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

I wanted to quote this for awesomeness. Hawk, first off it was a pleasure joining you for 27 holes this weekend. Following along your progress in this thread was one thing but getting out on the course and watching you hit some great some excellent golf shots was another. Of course some of those shots weren't so pleasing on Sunday lol but man I'm so happy you stepped up and knocked it out of the park with your prep for this event. I know how it feels being the high handicapper in the group, quite honestly it sucks. Nobody every says a word about it but in your heart of hearts it hurts a little, without a doubt you'll not be the highest handicap in your group much longer, from what I saw on Sunday you have all the pieces right there in front of you to be special. I'm proud of you dude.

The Morgan Cup may be over for you and I, but if you are game I would like to place a side bet with you to give us both something to strive for. First one to break 80 wins. We can figure out the prize later.

Oh yeah, and you too! While I didn't play with you, I heard about your game. Now, we've played before, b/c you're a Carolina boy and awesome and I've heard you've come a long way. Hell, you shot your career low round during Sunday singles? That's wicked!

The MC will give you a perspective and a purpose on the course like nothing else. I will go through about a 2 week golf depression.

Great post Hawk!!! I totally understand what you were saying and feeling. Congrats on setting a goal and accomplishing it!!!

For someone who was not in the middle of the MC, the successes I was hearing about improvements you, SW,Smalls and others were making were inspiring me to keep focused and work on my game. I am not where I want to be handicap wise presently but I know that is partially because I simply do not get my butt out to the course enough.

You should all be proud of your own personal accomplishments but also of being such a great inspiration for others here who are trying to follow in your footsteps and duplicate your successes.

Now that it's over, I'm going to really be honest. I thought that Hawk, Hanks, Tmex, and coolbreeze all blew me away with how far their games have come and progressed. What's neat is that all of you are at slightly different stages in where you want to be but you'll all get there. You guys are OG's. You guys I've known as long as anyone on here. You guys are my friends. We've all exchanged thousands of words about our games and we've all leaned on each other for help and advice. Guys, keep doing what you're doing. You are all on the right track to being successful on the golf course. I wish I could've played with all of you but being able to spend Saturday with Tmex and Hanks was a lot of fun. Tmex can flat out move his golf ball. As soon as he finds wedges that either fit him or he's confident in, watch out! Hanks, you hit the ball harder and more solidly than I've ever seen. I'll never ever ever forget your 9iron on the 12th hole at Caledonia. Your attitude and positivity out there is now a strength! Get healthy dude!

Hawk, honestly, you finally look like you have an athletic golf swing. I mean that in the nicest way possible dude. You are accurate and you play to your strengths! That's golfing broski. You came down and you put yourself in the middle of some dog fights, that's the point! Breezey, dude, you're striping it too! I think you'll drop a stroke or 3 just by putting that F5 in the bag!
Thanks buddy, you're game didn't have that far to go, but you were definatly the scratch golfer I know you wanted to be, very impressive to watch.

Hawk, your game has come a long long way, I was very impressed and Tmex hits his woods like they owe him money, good lord.

I've never seen a golf ball scared of a guy until El Diablo stood up with that J40.

Thanks man. Playing with you gives me a different perspective on how to attack a golf course and let's face it, I fed off your great golf that day. Truthfully I wasn't able to prep, practice, or play as much or as well as I wanted to for this due to my back issues and was real nervouse about how I'd do never mind if I was going to be able to play as much as I did. I don't feel like i've come as far as I'd hoped I would because of my health but I was very pleased with how I played from Thurs-Sun regardless of the outcomes and feel good about where my game is at the moment. I think I'm closer to turning the corner than I thought I was and as soon as I get healthy I think a lot of doors are going to open for me and my game. The 9i shot on #12 at Caledonia will be my favorite personal moment from the Cup (loved how I told you I wanted to hit PW and you said 9i and I never questioned it, just put the PW back in the bag and went with 9i) followed by how well I was driving the ball on Sunday for the three-way singles match. I have many more positives to think about than I do negatives from this experience and know that I wasn't 'average' or 'sucked' as certain people thought I would.

Now that it's over, I'm going to really be honest. I thought that Hawk, Hanks, Tmex, and coolbreeze all blew me away with how far their games have come and progressed. What's neat is that all of you are at slightly different stages in where you want to be but you'll all get there. You guys are OG's. You guys I've known as long as anyone on here. You guys are my friends. We've all exchanged thousands of words about our games and we've all leaned on each other for help and advice. Guys, keep doing what you're doing. You are all on the right track to being successful on the golf course. I wish I could've played with all of you but being able to spend Saturday with Tmex and Hanks was a lot of fun. Tmex can flat out move his golf ball. As soon as he finds wedges that either fit him or he's confident in, watch out! Hanks, you hit the ball harder and more solidly than I've ever seen. I'll never ever ever forget your 9iron on the 12th hole at Caledonia. Your attitude and positivity out there is now a strength! Get healthy dude!

Hawk, honestly, you finally look like you have an athletic golf swing. I mean that in the nicest way possible dude. You are accurate and you play to your strengths! That's golfing broski. You came down and you put yourself in the middle of some dog fights, that's the point! Breezey, dude, you're striping it too! I think you'll drop a stroke or 3 just by putting that F5 in the bag!

You sir might have been my favorite new THP'er that I met on the trip.

Trout Bum was awesome, he was great with the camera and the interviews and he was also a great cheerleader giving me encouragement when I needed to try and pick my game up.

I think I would have also show my career low during Sunday singles had I not let my blood sugar run down on 16. I was honestly playing the best golf of my life. I think that makes TyNo's win that much better too. I honestly could not have played better this year. I brought my very best and he was able to beat me and I am glad it ended like that.

LOL got dang it Im late to the party! God, how awesome was it seeing everyone play really good golf? How cool was it following everyones progress????

I'm just not able to really say the things like everyone else has today but it was inspiring coming into this thread and sharing with everyone. Going back and forth, talking golf, life and everything in between.

I want to tell everyone how TC and I prepped for the weekend. We rocked it as a scramble team. I don't know I've ever experienced golf like that before and it was got dang inspiring. TC, I totally meant that buzzsaw comment as a compliment. You bring out the best in people. its what you do. Stepping up to the teebox with you and your brother is like a breath of fresh air. Stay gold Ponyboy!

LOL got dang it Im late to the party! God, how awesome was it seeing everyone play really good golf? How cool was it following everyones progress????

I'm just not able to really say the things like everyone else has today but it was inspiring coming into this thread and sharing with everyone. Going back and forth, talking golf, life and everything in between.

I want to tell everyone how TC and I prepped for the weekend. We rocked it as a scramble team. I don't know I've ever experienced golf like that before and it was got dang inspiring. TC, I totally meant that buzzsaw comment as a compliment. You bring out the best in people. its what you do. Stepping up to the teebox with you and your brother is like a breath of fresh air. Stay gold Ponyboy!

I need to prep on how to stop that.

Thanks man. Playing with you gives me a different perspective on how to attack a golf course and let's face it, I fed off your great golf that day. Truthfully I wasn't able to prep, practice, or play as much or as well as I wanted to for this due to my back issues and was real nervouse about how I'd do never mind if I was going to be able to play as much as I did. I don't feel like i've come as far as I'd hoped I would because of my health but I was very pleased with how I played from Thurs-Sun regardless of the outcomes and feel good about where my game is at the moment. I think I'm closer to turning the corner than I thought I was and as soon as I get healthy I think a lot of doors are going to open for me and my game. The 9i shot on #12 at Caledonia will be my favorite personal moment from the Cup (loved how I told you I wanted to hit PW and you said 9i and I never questioned it, just put the PW back in the bag and went with 9i) followed by how well I was driving the ball on Sunday for the three-way singles match. I have many more positives to think about than I do negatives from this experience and know that I wasn't 'average' or 'sucked' as certain people thought I would.

im curious if you guys had time during your round to talk about socks? and how they affect your golf game!

You don't dude. You should never stop that. That's why you're you.

BUt my MC record isn't good :alien:

I'm kidding dude. It's just how I play golf. It was fun talking to Regina Sunday night about what Kelly said after our practice round match, LOL

BUt my MC record isn't good :alien:

I'm kidding dude. It's just how I play golf. It was fun talking to Regina Sunday night about what Kelly said after our practice round match, LOL

Can we tell everyone what we shot during our practice round? That was freaking epic. Your MC is spotless bro. Its more than wins/losses :)

However we played in our second match is how you do it lol.

Crap! Sorry SethO. That was the one match of all matches I wanted to win.

you stop that! although we did have a moment of zen over some ibuprofren together.

im curious if you guys had time during your round to talk about socks? and how they affect your golf game!

Can we tell everyone what we shot during our practice round? That was freaking epic. Your MC is spotless bro. Its more than wins/losses :)

LOL, I don't know. That was epic dude. Everything went in.

you stop that! although we did have a moment of zen over some ibuprofren together.

i was being semi serious. TC is almost converted to expensive socks and how they can feel so darn good on your feet!

Crap! Sorry SethO. That was the one match of all matches I wanted to win.

haha. it is cool bro. I had a blast that match even though I got a lashing. My second rounds always suck brotha.

LOL, I don't know. That was epic dude. Everything went in.

LOL everything man. I shall call you the 588 whisperer.

stop ducking me

Dean you and I! Need to have our match. We will be at the MC 3.0 whether as participants or volunteers so lets just say ts a go now.

TC was throwing some major darts Saturday afternoon. I have played more rounds with TC than any other THPer except GrantD and I have never seen him play like this. His second shots were just amazing. Stuck everything close and putted well.

i was being semi serious. TC is almost converted to expensive socks and how they can feel so darn good on your feet!

Almost? I wore swiftwicks the entire trip dude. Even bought some more at martin's. We didn't really talk socks a whole lot as it's been a while since I've golfed with hanks so we were catching up on all sorts of stuff.

Almost? I wore swiftwicks the entire trip dude. Even bought some more at martin's. We didn't really talk socks a whole lot as it's been a while since I've golfed with hanks so we were catching up on all sorts of stuff.

yeah thats cool though... always good catching up with old friends.... im interested to see how they held up down there in the heat for you guys. i wore them yesterday walking and carrying and they were great.

I love reading how pumped you guys are about your play the past weekend. When the gates opened, it sounds like all of you guys came out in full sprint. By the sounds of things it looks like no one dropped the ball and forgot to pack their game with them on the trip up. I'm really looking forward to seeing these great shots on camera and seeing all 24 of you just out there having a blast.

Back