Most Famous Golfer You Have Teed It Up With

Eddie "AFWCardinal" Collier
Have you been smoking crack tonight? I thought you gave that up.
I can see a few famous people in your posts, but that last one has no fame at all.

Mike Vick.

Graeme McDowell.

Byron "Lord Byron" Kuhn. Guys got a quote in Golf Digest. That's famous to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Annika for one hole

Byron "Lord Byron" Kuhn. Guys got a quote in Golf Digest. That's famous to me

Yeah I'm famous but calling me a golfer is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

this could take a while...

I played against Lyn Lott twice in high school - he was a senior my freshman year, and as #2 man on my team I was in his group. Tied him at 73 at my course, blown away at his. He seemed huge to me.

As a sophomore I played against Andy Bean three times - he was also a sophomore, but moved away after that year. I tied him twice in matches, then in a two-man best ball my partner and I beat him and his partner by a shot. He was also a big guy early, but I was closer to his frame by that year. Funny thing, at the Masters many years later he walked onto a tee where I was spectating, and looked at me long and hard - I could tell he recognized me and was trying to place my face, but then it was his turn to hit and he was off.

Late in my 20's I played three holes with Dave Hill - it was an exhibition at my course in Augusta where he gave a clinic then played , changing the 3 amateurs every 3 holes. Dave and I both made 2 pars and a birdie, and he asked my advice how to play our last hole.

In my late 20's I played a number of times with a teenage Franklin Langham, who played on tour later and had some success - he was a nice kid whose game never impressed me much, but I guess he was a later bloomer.

In my 30's and 40's I was friends with some younger members of my course who either played on the Augusta State golf team or were good friends with those guys, so I played at various times with Oliver Wilson, Richard Johnson, Vaughn Taylor, Jamie Donaldson, and possibly others from that team that made the tour at least briefly. Those connections were gone by the time Augusta State won the two straight national titles, so I never played with those guys.

I was once paired in an amateur event with Charles Howell III - he was 15 at the time. He tied for the title and on the first hole of the playoff, chipped in for the win. He never played any more local events, moved up to the higher level amateur events.

I know that there are a few more that aren't coming to mind now, but these are probably the most significant ones.

I have three - Canadan, Freddie Kong and Ddec

Rocco Mediate, he was a really nice guy.

Yeah I'm famous but calling me a golfer is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

First 9 holes were decent. Back 9 well we can blame it on the rain....

David Kelly and Jeremiah Taylor

I was a hole behind Craig Stadler one time. He played the entire course with a 7-iron, a wedge, and a putter.

Not played with caddied in the same group as Scott McCarron and also Mike Wier. And next day was Vijay Singh, it was an amazing experience

This weekend I teed it up with Jeff Jaxgolfer Sutton. As far as I know he is the only golfer to ever win a 4 foot tall bowling trophy on the golf course.

Johnnymojo from THP... and for one hole with THP founder the infamous JB

this could take a while...

I played against Lyn Lott twice in high school - he was a senior my freshman year, and as #2 man on my team I was in his group. Tied him at 73 at my course, blown away at his. He seemed huge to me.

As a sophomore I played against Andy Bean three times - he was also a sophomore, but moved away after that year. I tied him twice in matches, then in a two-man best ball my partner and I beat him and his partner by a shot. He was also a big guy early, but I was closer to his frame by that year. Funny thing, at the Masters many years later he walked onto a tee where I was spectating, and looked at me long and hard - I could tell he recognized me and was trying to place my face, but then it was his turn to hit and he was off.

Late in my 20's I played three holes with Dave Hill - it was an exhibition at my course in Augusta where he gave a clinic then played , changing the 3 amateurs every 3 holes. Dave and I both made 2 pars and a birdie, and he asked my advice how to play our last hole.

In my late 20's I played a number of times with a teenage Franklin Langham, who played on tour later and had some success - he was a nice kid whose game never impressed me much, but I guess he was a later bloomer.

In my 30's and 40's I was friends with some younger members of my course who either played on the Augusta State golf team or were good friends with those guys, so I played at various times with Oliver Wilson, Richard Johnson, Vaughn Taylor, Jamie Donaldson, and possibly others from that team that made the tour at least briefly. Those connections were gone by the time Augusta State won the two straight national titles, so I never played with those guys.

I was once paired in an amateur event with Charles Howell III - he was 15 at the time. He tied for the title and on the first hole of the playoff, chipped in for the win. He never played any more local events, moved up to the higher level amateur events.

I know that there are a few more that aren't coming to mind now, but these are probably the most significant ones.

I lived in Augusta twice so I was interested in your post. I used to watch Vaughn Taylor at Goshen and Charles Howell running around Jones Creek in a cart practicing around groups. Bet you played those courses as well as Forrest Hills where Augusta State used to practice/play. Good golf in the area - enjoyed playing in SC as well.

I played with Zach Johnson my freshman year of college. I went to school near his hometown and he played a few holes with our whole golf team. Otherwise just a few guys that are just getting there tour cards now. My daily golf partner from when I was 12-18 golfs at the University of Minnesota and they won the Big 10 Championship a year or two ago.

I lived in Augusta twice so I was interested in your post. I used to watch Vaughn Taylor at Goshen and Charles Howell running around Jones Creek in a cart practicing around groups. Bet you played those courses as well as Forrest Hills where Augusta State used to practice/play. Good golf in the area - enjoyed playing in SC as well.
I was a member at Goshen as Vaughn aged from about 12 to 20; my son was just a year younger than Vaughn and played with him some, but my son was not that into golf and therefore not as competitive. I played a number of times with him, but he was also a bit of a late bloomer, just kept getting better as he aged. Charles was a different story - the tourney I mentioned is the only time I remember seeing him. Forest Hills was a great course that was never really well conditioned for many years, but a Donald Ross design with the most challenging greens around. Now it has been largely redesigned, in much better condition but a shell of the course it once was as the Ross signature greens just don't exist now. Most of my years in this area I was a member at Gordon Lakes, which now is a 27 hole facility, with the 18 hole Robert Trent Jones course and an easier third nine, and it is all extremely well conditioned and is a top flight facility. You are right that there are a lot of good courses around the area that are accessible to all.

Back