Most Famous Golfer You Have Teed It Up With

That WAS an awesome round. Imagine how different it would have played out if we'd known we would be captains then hahaha! Maybe a bit more feisty? hahaha

Not with one of you guys dressed like a Leprechaun. Haha

Mike Ward, Dan Edwards, and Donne Willingham. I was only non MC Captain in that foursome. But it was awesome nonetheless.

That WAS an awesome round. Imagine how different it would have played out if we'd known we would be captains then hahaha! Maybe a bit more feisty? hahaha

If we would have known we were all in the MC together as well. That really was a fun pairing, even in the pouring rain we had there for a while.

I have played this game with many great and famous (or maybe I should say infamous in some cases) THPers...without a doubt this was one of the most interesting foursomes I have ever been a part of, on one of the weirdest days weather-wise I have seen.

Nathan "Big Time" Webb!!!

Puttin4Bird - THP Staffer, Pro, Champion, Hall Of Fame member and all around great guy.
Dr. Teeth - THP member, dentist and besides that a great guy.
Dave Cordero - Public Relations Manager, TaylorMade Golf Company, he's kind of a good guy as well. (understatement)
YEAH!! We had a blast that day!

Played 9 holes with Troy Aikman. He played golf so guess he's a golfer.

Johnny Bench at a corporate outing in Scottsdale in 2000. I think he tried to make the senior tour but wasn't quite good enough.

JM

I once played 18 holes with Josh Babbit. Owner of The Hackers Paradise.

I have played this game with many great and famous (or maybe I should say infamous in some cases) THPers...without a doubt this was one of the most interesting foursomes I have ever been a part of, on one of the weirdest days weather-wise I have seen.

You're welcome.

I have had Andy north in the twosome behind me. Also was on the range next to Joe Pavelski (great golfer, club champ at The Bergamont)

JB, #cookie, ddec and Freddie Kong are by far the most famous people I've golfed with.

I would say Alan and Cindy Miller. They were my instructors when I was young. They both had short stays on the pga/lpga. He had one win in 1974. Funny thing is when I was a little older I remember a newspaper article talking about him going back on the senior tour after cleaning up from dealing with alcoholism during the years he was teaching me. My messed up swing made much more sense after that. I kid of course.

I would say Alan and Cindy Miller. They were my instructors when I was young. They both had short stays on the pga/lpga. He had one win in 1974. Funny thing is when I was a little older I remember a newspaper article talking about him going back on the senior tour after cleaning up from dealing with alcoholism during the years he was teaching me. My messed up swing made much more sense after that. I kid of course.

They're both still teaching out of the Wehrle golf dome/range. My wife took lessons from Cindy.

They're both still teaching out of the Wehrle golf dome/range. My wife took lessons from Cindy.

When I took lessons they were at Spring Brook golf in Elma...it's been a few years.

Tom Wargo owns a golf course where I live, he had some success on the senior tour back in the 90's. The guy is around 70 now, and he still hits it probably 270, and breaks 70 regularly.

When I was 8 years old, this wonderful older couple gave me my first set of clubs. I had no idea that they were both pretty famous in WA and the NW:

Pat Harbottle - 1955 Women's Amateur Champion; U.S. Women's Open - Low Amateur 1951 & 1953
John Harbottle - 5 time winner of the Washington Men's Senior Open

I would go play a few holes with them and then they'd load me up on cookies and milk. At the time, I also played sparingly with the Harbottles' son, John Harbottle III, whom became a renowned course designer. (Again, I wish I knew some of this at the time!) From his bio: "His award-winning layouts included Ridgecrest Golf Course, Nampa, Idaho; Stevinson Ranch, Stevinson, Calif.; The Olympic Course, Bremerton, Wash.; and The Golf Club at Genoa Lakes, South Lake Tahoe, Nev. All were designated "Best New Courses in the United States" by “Golf Digest.”

I've never played golf with famous people. I guess the most impressive resumes I've seen are a couple Morgan Cup winners and captains.

That's good enough for me.

This is me as well. I think this is a pretty impressive group as well.

I did play with Greg Sabella, Hashtag and Hey Pete. Does that count?

I play with a guy that's on one of the small college teams here in town lol. That's as good as it gets for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are talking golfers, I have played with Annika Sorenstam (for whom my eldest daughter is named) and Billy Andrade. Otherwise I played with Roger Clemens although he was in the minors at the time and not exactly famous.

If you are talking golfers, I have played with Annika Sorenstam (for whom my eldest daughter is named) and Billy Andrade. Otherwise I played with Roger Clemens although he was in the minors at the time and not exactly famous.

Did he shoot up at the turn? Lol

Hal Sutton at a Charity event. That man's noggin was huge!

Probably Checkered and SkiBumGolfer on THP haha.

No one yet, but plan on hitting up my first THP event this year or the next.

Back