New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

jdtox

Team Paradise Captain
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I got to play another round with these yesterday. It was cold and my swing is a work in progress, but they felt great. The PW has a weird ting sound to it compared to the other clubs in the bag. Has anyone else noticed this? Still have good distance in cold weather conditions.
Nope haven't noticed that at all.

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
Still think these might be my favorite mid-irons I’ve played. Such a great combination of good looks, distance, and forgiveness. Was hitting the 8 iron I have today and just flushing it. This distance and ball flight with 115 foot peak height is about perfect for me.

View attachment 8981441
They are a ton of fun

kiwichris

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
First round without the Forged TEC in the bag, couple more rounds for xmas and i think the keep/sell decision will be made.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I still believe that this set is so far under the radar for most golfers and has the total package of a distance iron in a smaller profile. Fantastic set that I think people are going to continue to find.

gkeller813

#UsDidIt
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I cant wait to give mine a go. Planning to get to a sim in the next few weeks

jwalters

Reaction score
There's a lot of talk about the "feel" of the irons on here and there are some different opinions. I'm curious if people have found a ball that seems to match up well with the clubs from a feel perspective. Any thoughts? Thanks

oumagic

Team Paradise 2020
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.3
There's a lot of talk about the "feel" of the irons on here and there are some different opinions. I'm curious if people have found a ball that seems to match up well with the clubs from a feel perspective. Any thoughts? Thanks
I didn’t change balls when I got this set and have always preferred a low spin and softer ball. I am playing in a few hours and will be using the Bridgestone RX

jdtox

Team Paradise Captain
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I haven't had any issues with any of the tour type balls I've gamed. They all feel great off these clubs.

Jaymo37

Against All Odds!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just got a sweet deal on a set of these!!!! Can't wait to update the WITB thread. Will also be going RAD on Jan 30th!!!! Super excited

e1iterate

Team Hackers
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hadn’t swung in 3 weeks up until today and hit these pretty decent all day. It was super wet today too so very happy.

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I need to hit these in OL as well :unsure:

Jro1523

Reaction score
With no access to being fit for these in the near future. Covid, 9month Old. Work etc. As a 20ish handicap upgrading from wilson d350 any shaft suggestions? I struggle with really high launch just do to a combo of swing mechanics and GI improvement irons launching really high for me.

I've never been fitted before but drivers is about 235-244 and 7 iron 140/145.
Iron plays probably my strength as most of my strokes come from around the green/off the tee.

Any help would be appreciated. Read this entire thread and dying to get my hands on these. May be a bit to much at the time but love the profile of these.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in