New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Just finished a round with these in the bag. It is a beautiful autumn day, 60 degrees, no wind. I truly love this iron. It is solid in every respect and although it must be less forgiving than the F9s, it really doesn’t feel like it is. I played the F9s most of the year, after receiving a set for the Morgan Cup, but I don’t feel that I lose anything with these in the bag and yet I gain a much better looking profile and flightability. I am so pleased with these and wouldn’t change a thing.

Awesome feedback @H8tobogie, mini reviews similar to this will eventually push me into a purchase. I’m glad your comparing them to the hmb’s because that is the other set on my radar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another round with these and still love them. Much more forgiving than my HMB and longer. I've never hit a 4i so well.

Not a bad pic.

DSC01001-XL.jpg

This one is OK too.

DSC01005-XL.jpg

These are alright as well....

DSC01010-XL.jpg

DSC01011-XL.jpg

AH! And some GW action for some of you crazies....

DSC01008-XL.jpg

@Jman, what is your ETA to be on a golf course with the Forged Tecs? I am dying to read your thoughts, particularly vis a vis your Apex CF 19 combos.

S
@Jman, what is your ETA to be on a golf course with the Forged Tecs? I am dying to read your thoughts, particularly vis a vis your Apex CF 19 combos.
Still hurt so probably one more week

Tried something new:

B505A5A0-C4BC-4716-9F17-7583E01F2B83.jpeg

For those of u that ordered custom specs how did Cobra do?

For those of u that ordered custom specs how did Cobra do?

Since I’ve been laid up this week I haven’t gone out and checked them, will try to do that this evening for you buddy!

Awesome, thanks. Hope u heal up soon many on here looking forward to your thoughts including this guy once u get them out in the course

I was able to demo the 7i at the PGATSS last night. First off, these are pretty compact looking irons throughout the set and are really great looking in person. I recently bought a set of Mizzy HMBs and I like them too, but wanted to see what the buzz is about this set. I play the DG120 X100 shafts in the HMBs and they did not have any X100 shafts for me to demo, so I had to settle for a Project X6.5, which is not my favorite shaft feel wise.

Feel: Pretty good - better than the P790s but not in the same class as the HMB on a well struck shot IMO. This may have been affected by the PX shaft, but I do love the feel of the HMBs when struck well.

Distance: My average carry with the HMB was slightly longer the day I tested, but it may have been the shaft or the day. Ball speeds were pretty similar, but I am comparing from different days. I will try to take my 7i into the store and do a side by side.

Dispersion: Left right was very acceptable. I pulled a couple of my left of left shots out of the results because the distance was approaching 200 and would have skewed the results. THE BIGGEST TAKEAWAY: These clubs retain distance on almost all types of strikes. For instance, the fastest ball speed in the table is 128.7 with a carry of 183 yds. The slowest ball speeds (121 to 123 range) were ALL within a half a club of this. I was amazed at how the ball just stayed online and carried on these. If the Forged Tec's separate themselves from the HMBs it is in this category. I will experiment a little more with the HMBs to verify, but I have not seen the same level of forgiveness from them on mishits. And - the turf interaction with the HMBs may not be the best for me.

I am a mediocre ball striker on my best days and was striking pretty well in this session, so it was a good day to capture. These irons seem to be a good option for the mid-handicap player looking to improve.

View attachment 8914282

:clapp: :clapp: :clapp:

great write-up

Awesome reading about the forgiveness on these

Great comparison to the HMBs

Good feedback! The only thing would quibble with is I think anyone from low to mid index could easily play these. I think very good ball strikers would have a blast with this profile.

need to find the right shaft (thinking “exotic”)

Really dig your excitement

Building.

AB732B82-A693-443F-8ADF-0A6AE88B32B7.jpegF3E7C2A2-C6F3-44DF-ACC4-93DED6E3FD17.jpeg

That set will look so sweet....those shafts simply rock!

Last edited:
DSC01005-XL.jpg

I heart this picture.

And yet, they sit and wait for me to heal.

Curious to see if the feel talk lives up to the mass hype in this thread. Would be big for Cobra.

DSC01005-XL.jpg

I heart this picture.

Curious to see if the feel talk lives up to the mass hype in this thread. Would be big for Cobra.
They do feel great. I like them better than my HMB.

DSC01005-XL.jpg

I heart this picture.

Great pic Jman! Looking forward to hearing what you think of these.

I enjoyed the Forged Tecs immensely today, playing a course in Key Biscayne, Florida. We don’t see Bermuda grass in Northern Utah, so I had not experienced the type of turf interaction where a fat shot can make you pay dearly. These were really good, moving through the Bermuda.

In addition to the turf interaction, I saw good distance, even at sea level. The ball flight is strong, a high, powerful arching trajectory. The ball was stopping fine on the greens. In short, with the SteelFiber i95 stiff shafts, I have here, what for me is pretty much the perfect set of irons.

Last edited:
Back