New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

I still think they look really good overall, but they would have looked amazing with just the Forged Tec Badge and a small snake logo.

I still think they look really good overall, but they would have looked amazing with just the Forged Tec Badge and a small snake logo.
I was the exact same way, until I saw them in hand yesterday.

I was the exact same way, until I saw them in hand yesterday.

I've seen (and hit) them. Just purely personal preference. Plus I love the Snake logo, even though I am horrifically terrified of snakes, haha. Either way, they are fantastic irons and will likely be in my bag in the Spring.

I swung the pw during lunch today. We are having a beautiful fall day, after what seemed like an early, brutal winter. Today, I actually had my swing and was making repeated center contact. I grow more excited. These felt/sounded so good. The ball flight was perfect. I could easily flight the pw up or down. The shafts are going to be a good fit, I now believe. I don’t know if I am more excited because I had something resembling a golf swing or with these irons, but there is NO doubt in my mind that these will be my irons for 2020.

If I'm nitpicking, I'd go smaller forged tec, not a lot just a little and definitely add the Cobra/Snake really dig it on my wedges.

I will also be paintfilling mine, leaning toward green, but I'm not sure.

If I wasn't A15 i'd game the hell out of set of these with catalyst shafts.

I won't tell if you won't.

I think it would give you a good head to head comparison, and I'd really enjoy reading the feedback.

i might be able to make that happen locally

i might be able to make that happen locally

I’ll have to get back out to San Diego during our cold weather and let you hit mine.

I’ll have to get back out to San Diego during our cold weather and let you hit mine.

That would be fun. You could give me a lesson too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been hitting these for the past 3 days and floored by the ball flight and speed I’m getting. Dispersion is great as well. I’m really happy getting fit for these even though they were never ok my radar. I’m a 13-15HDCP new golfer and these are simply what I’ve been looking for.

I’ve been hitting these for the past 3 days and floored by the ball flight and speed I’m getting. Dispersion is great as well. I’m really happy getting fit for these even though they were never ok my radar. I’m a 13-15HDCP new golfer and these are simply what I’ve been looking for.

Thats awesome. Always great finding a set you just click with.

One more range session and these are something special. Still impressed by turf interaction and sound. The ballflight looks so good, a piercing high flight. Cant wait to mlm play tomorrow.

That would be fun. You could give me a lesson too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give you a lesson? Dude, you were taking me to the woodshed a month ago. You take a backseat to few and certainly not to me.

Photo table time for these tonight! Going to see if I can nab some fun shots since I'm still dinged up and we have 30* weather for the next 5 days.

I'm with you on that. I think it fits well.

Honestly, there is nothing I don’t like about these irons, including the looks.

Honestly, there is nothing I don’t like about these irons, including the looks.

So these are the best irons you've ever played? What is one thing you would improve on? Better feel on mishits, or these you could game for the rest of your golf career?

So these are the best irons you've ever played? What is one thing you would improve on? Better feel on mishits, or these you could game for the rest of your golf career?

Best I have “ever” played. I only have one round and one range session when my swing has sucked. I can’t make that conclusion yet, but they certainly could be. I am not even sure how I would improve them, make shank proof? Ha ha. I certainly feel I could game them for a long time with optimal results (although I have an addiction to trying new equipment). When I am 80, I may need a different profile. ;)

This set is getting rebuilt by Danny Le and I in the Club Lab today to have some Recoil Proto 95s put in

8E01D41B-08D9-4168-8024-76013B0B0473.jpeg

I just had one of the best range sessions of the year. I was using only the 7 iron and the pw. I have been struggling with heel contact for some time, but may have figured it out today (although I previously thought I had figured it out). For the latter two thirds of the session, I was finding flush, center contact repeatedly. I am thrilled with the ball flight that I have with these and the SteelFiber i95 stiff shafts. I thought the shafts may be too much, but it all felt perfect. Folks, within the category of players distance irons, I don’t think you can find something that feels/sounds better than these. I am sure some will say that the profile is too large and they are larger than, for example, the Callaway Apex CF 19s. However, these provide for me a really optimal combination of confidence inspiring size, good turf interaction, looks, ball speed and flight through the window that I desire to see. I am only a little sad that the season is about done here.

Back