New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

The OL wedges go really high; do you see that in your OL set? I am not saying it is a bad thing.

This is fairly common with OL wedges. You are swinging a high lofted club with a longer than normal shaft. The higher club speed generated is going to throw the ball high.

15862815018338595678257000213852.jpg

Its here and feels great. Blade length is long but the sole isnt crazy wide.

Top line is actually pretty good and the flow into the hosel looks great.

Feel blends in nicely too. Need to get some numbers.
15862821018407835569012930940650.jpg
Numbers look good.

Last edited:
Just played a round on my SIM (Carnoustie) using my 4 iron as my longest club in the bag. I played from the Yellow Tees (6500 yards) and had no issue getting around the course.

4 iron was pretty much an automatic 215-230 yards off the tee in the fairway with a very balanced flight. Gapping this has slotted in perfectly with my set due to having it bent weak (should be 23*) and now I kinda want to get a 3 iron with some sort of graphite in it for that 230ish carry club.

These definitely are not as long as the F9s and I'm guessing SZ irons. But they definitely slot in very easily with forged players cavity and blades. The offset is already melting away in my head and the blade looks very proportional topline to length. Most of all the sole is not too narrow nor too wide.

Definitely loving it right now.

Thats exactly what I'm hoping for ;)

I'm sure the FT 4i is awesome too though, I loved the Forged Tec Black 4i so much I almost ordered a 3i a couple years ago :oops:

Well for a cathartic purchase I might get the FT 3i or F9/SZ 4i to use as a driving iron. I'm thinking to try steel fiber 110 in it initially and maybe try either project x hzrdus red 85 or aldila rip alpha 105

One thing I didn't initially notice on the FT is that it has satin finish and not a shiny chrome finish. Doesnt quite match up with my current set, but its actually pretty close to the JPX 919 Tour and the hydropearl finishes of Ping.

Once my self imposed no swing weekend is over, I’m going to bend these weak and see how it goes. (y)

I think my last concern about these irons has officially disappeared. I played in a two club, gusty wind today and still hit 11 greens. I was able to flight the irons down when needed. These clearly are my all time favorite irons. No doubt about it.

I think my last concern about these irons has officially disappeared. I played in a two club, gusty wind today and still hit 11 greens. I was able to flight the irons down when needed. These clearly are my all time favorite irons. No doubt about it.
It’s that shaft that you have.

I did a lot of chipping out back with the OL forged tec today. I am starting to get more comfortable around the greens with the new clubs.77556BBD-06E5-4E1D-8D0E-3EB665F9C3C0.jpeg

💥 💥 💥

Best ball striking round EVER today. Shot a 78 (+7). The more I play these irons the happier I am that I pulled the trigger on them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's high praise Craig!!

Best ball striking round EVER today. Shot a 78 (+7). The more I play these irons the happier I am that I pulled the trigger on them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So the consensus is these are pretty amazing haha

i think the most telling thing for me is people are saying these are the best irons ever not just best in the hollow body category

And 3 iron was ordered along with a SZ 4 iron for driving iron testing. Just went with modus 105 to get a lighter feel without spending extra to get into graphite.

If I want to go lighter, I will reshaft with hybrid graphite shaft later.

Not to get off topic, but, man, your grass looks great.
That's because he's in AZ just soaking up the sun and living the good life. We're still up a little north from him freezing at night and wishing the grass would green up.:p

Just got mine mine on order:
4-AW
UST Recoil 95
Tour Velvet (2 Wraps)

Mated them up with King Black Wedges 54* Versatile & 58* Widelow
UST Recoil 95
Tour Velvet (2 wraps)

😎

Played this past Sunday.

Conditions: High 40s Low 50s - pretty windy

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RXS

The irons are the star of the show.

I'll post more club data when I get more rounds in, below I've selected some of the better shots

9/18 GIR in reg. 5 of them were with the Forged Tec irons.

Cobra Connect Approach Handicap was 7.5

4.12.20 Forged Tec 4i Approach.GIF4.12.20 Forged Tec 6i Approach.GIF4.12.20 Forged Tec 9i Approach.GIF4.12.20 Forged Tec GW Approach.GIF

I'm having a ton of fun with these. Easy to elevate, easy to flight down. The stock pairing of DG105 S300 is perfect.

Comparing these to my F9 irons from last year, I don't have left bias as much, control is improved, I'm not giving up as much distance as I thought - the F9s were distance MONSTERS thoughh. I would love to get on a LM and see if the height is similar or possibly higher.

Getting good stopping power on greens as well.

Through three rounds, I'm very happy.

And 3 iron was ordered along with a SZ 4 iron for driving iron testing. Just went with modus 105 to get a lighter feel without spending extra to get into graphite.

If I want to go lighter, I will reshaft with hybrid graphite shaft later.

And just like that the 2 clubs are built and are inbound. It says arrival on Monday but am hoping for an earlier delivery.

Played this past Sunday.

Conditions: High 40s Low 50s - pretty windy

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RXS

The irons are the star of the show.

I'll post more club data when I get more rounds in, below I've selected some of the better shots

9/18 GIR in reg. 5 of them were with the Forged Tec irons.

Cobra Connect Approach Handicap was 7.5

View attachment 8937302View attachment 8937303View attachment 8937307View attachment 8937308

I'm having a ton of fun with these. Easy to elevate, easy to flight down. The stock pairing of DG105 S300 is perfect.

Comparing these to my F9 irons from last year, I don't have left bias as much, control is improved, I'm not giving up as much distance as I thought - the F9s were distance MONSTERS thoughh. I would love to get on a LM and see if the height is similar or possibly higher.

Getting good stopping power on greens as well.

Through three rounds, I'm very happy.
I love, love, love the DG105 pairing. If only there was some VSS in play. But it looks like you are killing these things.

Finally broke down and got a mat and net to hit during this time. The forged tecs have a nice sound when struck well. Even low of center strikes do not feel bad. Granted I do not know the ball flights because I am hitting into a net, but when you catch one pure it feels like it will go forever.

If I didn't play Cleveland/Srixon clubs -- and I do love those -- I'd play Forged Tec.

Back