New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

I love, love, love the DG105 pairing. If only there was some VSS in play. But it looks like you are killing these things.

Cobra has a robust no upcharge shaft pairing - if you remember the ultimate weekend 2018 - I had amazing success with the DG105 in another hollow body iron. These are better.

If these had VSS my elbows would love the pairing even more.

After this season I would entertain putting Elevate 105 or Tour in them.

Cobra has a robust no upcharge shaft pairing - if you remember the ultimate weekend 2018 - I had amazing success with the DG105 in another hollow body iron. These are better.

If these had VSS my elbows would love the pairing even more.

After this season I would entertain putting Elevate 105 or Tour in them.
The elevates would be a solid play. I like that idea

The elevates would be a solid play. I like that idea

I came extremely close to ordering them in mine. Decided to go with the recoils. If I ever get to use them on the course Ill let you know how they work.

Played this past Sunday.

Conditions: High 40s Low 50s - pretty windy

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RXS

The irons are the star of the show.

I'll post more club data when I get more rounds in, below I've selected some of the better shots

9/18 GIR in reg. 5 of them were with the Forged Tec irons.

Cobra Connect Approach Handicap was 7.5

View attachment 8937302View attachment 8937303View attachment 8937307View attachment 8937308

I'm having a ton of fun with these. Easy to elevate, easy to flight down. The stock pairing of DG105 S300 is perfect.

Comparing these to my F9 irons from last year, I don't have left bias as much, control is improved, I'm not giving up as much distance as I thought - the F9s were distance MONSTERS thoughh. I would love to get on a LM and see if the height is similar or possibly higher.

Getting good stopping power on greens as well.

Through three rounds, I'm very happy.
Alex mate, you are crunching those irons - love it!

Lots of talented players on this post. At my best I played off 11, but back and 2 hip surgeries have prevented me from playing much for the past 2 years. My question is do you believe a higher (and older) HCP player could game these or should I look at the SZ irons. I worry about swing speed as mine is moderate at best.

Looks like I have a package arriving Monday 😲

773CCDEB-8AD8-4F52-BBA9-1F00C267E567.jpeg

Lots of talented players on this post. At my best I played off 11, but back and 2 hip surgeries have prevented me from playing much for the past 2 years. My question is do you believe a higher (and older) HCP player could game these or should I look at the SZ irons. I worry about swing speed as mine is moderate at best.

I think from a pure distance perspective the SZ might be better, but from a blended distance and control mix these are fantastic.

Looks like I have a package arriving Monday 😲

View attachment 8937513

I think you meant to post that in the apparel thread :LOL:

I think from a pure distance perspective the SZ might be better, but from a blended distance and control mix these are fantastic.

Haha not sure why they get shipped from Puma and not Cobra, the box weighs 11 pounds which is how I can tell what’s coming.

Haha not sure why they get shipped from Puma and not Cobra, the box weighs 11 pounds which is how I can tell what’s coming.
When you told us about the Puma outlet sale, I didn't think you'd emptied the warehouse

It’s difficult to know without more information, but I see no reason you couldn’t play these irons, as long as you purchased them with a shaft that fits your swing, including swing speed. They certainly should work for somebody who has played to an 11 index.

Finally got to take a few swings with these today with my fancy new indoor setup haha. OMG that sound!!!! I need to go get some batteries for my SC200 and then I can hopefully get some yardages at least. They feel awesome with the Recoil 110's too. I need to see some ball flight soon!

Amazing sound considering the profile and ballspeed.

I already love your numbers. Let's get it.
Back is jacked from cleaning up the other house to sell finally. I swings for me until next week. Still going to try 2 weak and see how it goes though.

I like mine. They're sexy. I plan to take them fairway dancing tomorrow. Hope to throw in a twirl or two for good measure.

I dont fit the first sentence in post. However I enjoy these clubs. Moved to these from f9s. Had golf shop build be a set with i95 steel fiber shafts. They preform very well. Have hit them in simulator for a month or so. Put them on the course yesterday. Setup proved to be great. Long and high ball flight. Any misses were not clubs fault. Distances were spot on missed a few shots just left or right of greens. Mostly due to spending all winter hitting off perfect flat lie in simulator. I play low to mid teen handicap. In my mid 50s. They preform for me. Get out and try some demo if you can.

These finally arrived today, looking forward to getting them in the sim and on the course.

E107FDA5-497E-4BF3-A0AB-70ADEB4D78A4.jpeg

Still waiting for the 3 iron to arrive. The box wasn't the clubs that arrived. Hoping the club ships today or tomorrow.

How do you think these would compare to the Z585 with similar shafts as far as ball flight and forgiveness. My 7 iron swing speed is low 70s.

Got to love these clubs. 185 or 190 yard high ball flight 6 iron. On course today the were sweet.

Still waiting for mine....🙄

Back