New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

I normally play 1* flat (that is how I ordered these), but have been hitting a lot of left shots with these as well. I may be taking them in for a little bend work based on your discovery.
yea definitely check it out. The Mizuno's I was fit for I actually went 1* flat of mizuno standard.... So really the Forged Tecs were 3* upright compared to what I was fit for Mizuno. The 2* flat I bent the Forged Tec have been much better. Still have some left misses but nowhere near as bad compared to when I first received them. Before the event I can probably get them bent 1 more degree flat to match the Mizuno lie angles

Playing my first tournament at my golf course later today. I am a bit nervous because it will be only the third round with my new irons and I am not dialed in at all :D
You got this, good luck

Playing my first tournament at my golf course later today. I am a bit nervous because it will be only the third round with my new irons and I am not dialed in at all :D
Have fun and the results will follow. (y)

Now that I’ve got these incoming, I’m excited to see slightly higher spin numbers as compared to the P790s. I really hope to see that.

I haven't hit the new version of the 790s, but did play the first version. These spin way more than those did and also launch higher, and feel better....and.... You get the picture.

Now that I’ve got these incoming, I’m excited to see slightly higher spin numbers as compared to the P790s. I really hope to see that.

I think you will. If nothing else, the shaft should add a few hundred rpms.

Also, I am so excited to see what you think of them.

I haven't hit the new version of the 790s, but did play the first version. These spin way more than those did and also launch higher, and feel better....and.... You get the picture.
I’ve gamed both for a while and I’ve never minded the feel so I’m excited to see what y’all mean. And I’m ready to see all that goodness.
I think you will. If nothing else, the shaft should add a few hundred rpms.
I’d kill to see a ~800 to 1000 raise but even 500 would be fine. And if the shaft change doesn’t fit me I have some Elevate Tours around here I’ll swap in.

I’ve gamed both for a while and I’ve never minded the feel so I’m excited to see what y’all mean. And I’m ready to see all that goodness.

I’d kill to see a ~800 to 1000 raise but even 500 would be fine. And if the shaft change doesn’t fit me I have some Elevate Tours around here I’ll swap in.

I am with you on this one, @Molten. There are so many voices on the forum that I respect who simply do not care for the P790 sound/feel. I always thought it was just fine and I have never even made a pass at the ball with the new release. For me, the P790s and Forged Tecs are pretty interchangeable in terms of how they actually play for me. I prefer the Forged Tecs because I love Cobra, I like Cobra Connect and I think there is a bit more spin with the Cobra Forged Tecs. Hope you get yours soon.

I continue to love these clubs, despite playing like an absolute turkey with them yesterday! My big issue is that because I've not had much time with them, and my range is still closed for the foreseeable, I have no real idea about how far I'm hitting them. The shafts feel a lot heavier than I'm used to as well, but that was to improve dispersion and again they will just take time to get used to.

I don't think the looks need too much commenting on, they just look beautiful. Everyone who has seen them was blown away at how they look, and I'm no different when I look at them. Just so clean and....well, pretty!

I've also never hit an iron that feels so solid and smooth when they're flushed, is a fantastic feel. We have a downhill par 3 that's around 180 yards, but plays around 170 and I took an 8 iron off the tee and ended up over the road at the back - about 190. Complete fluke obviously, but it was unreal. Felt like I barely made contact and it went high and long.

I've mentioned on posts before how I''m not generally a fan of having a 5i and was a bit worried about it being in the bag. Tried it in action for the first time yesterday, 200 yards to the green out of the right hand rough over trees. It was sat quite nicely, so gave it the beans and ended up just off the green, pin high right.

I am completely certain that once I get the distances down, these are going to be unbelievable for me, complete game changers. Love them.

I continue to love these clubs, despite playing like an absolute turkey with them yesterday! My big issue is that because I've not had much time with them, and my range is still closed for the foreseeable, I have no real idea about how far I'm hitting them. The shafts feel a lot heavier than I'm used to as well, but that was to improve dispersion and again they will just take time to get used to.

I don't think the looks need too much commenting on, they just look beautiful. Everyone who has seen them was blown away at how they look, and I'm no different when I look at them. Just so clean and....well, pretty!

I've also never hit an iron that feels so solid and smooth when they're flushed, is a fantastic feel. We have a downhill par 3 that's around 180 yards, but plays around 170 and I took an 8 iron off the tee and ended up over the road at the back - about 190. Complete fluke obviously, but it was unreal. Felt like I barely made contact and it went high and long.

I've mentioned on posts before how I''m not generally a fan of having a 5i and was a bit worried about it being in the bag. Tried it in action for the first time yesterday, 200 yards to the green out of the right hand rough over trees. It was sat quite nicely, so gave it the beans and ended up just off the green, pin high right.

I am completely certain that once I get the distances down, these are going to be unbelievable for me, complete game changers. Love them.

Are you not using Arccos for your stats? That should help with knowing your distances ;)

Does it even work over there? :unsure:

Well, yes and no at the moment. Because I've only had one round with them so far properly, Arccos hasn't enough data to start working on it's fancy AI type thing so is all a bit patchy at the minute. Plus there seems to be a bit of an issue with the Arccos server at the moment so it won't update my stats. Posted it in the Arccos thread this morning, and I don't seem to be alone in the problem so hopefully it will iron out. My local range is a Trackman range, so hopefully if it opens up soon then I'll be able to do a proper gapping on them. Then look out!!

Not that they needed it, but decided to spice71CEDAF8-4A08-418C-AFE1-90D7D590154F.jpeg up the look a little bit!!

wedges will next next

These. Irons. Are. Crazy. LONG!!!
1f640d22c59030c35905f3bb772e32a1.jpg

359c799eabeb600162da586f44f56a9e.jpg

85f643b7eb4362c6b16e840ef1da2411.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These. Irons. Are. Crazy. LONG!!!
1f640d22c59030c35905f3bb772e32a1.jpg

359c799eabeb600162da586f44f56a9e.jpg

85f643b7eb4362c6b16e840ef1da2411.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy ****!! You’re too strong! I cant even hit my PW 125 lol

More and more impressed by the feel of these the longer I play them. Something pretty satisfying about it.

@jfrigo1003 that is crazy long! Glad you are getting them dialed in!

More and more impressed by the feel of these the longer I play them. Something pretty satisfying about it.
I have had drivers that I liked to go to the range and just hit. Until these irons, I don’t recall just loving to hit balls at the range for fun. When you catch one in the center, the feel and sound is so gratifying.

Oh I agree these are crazy long when I hit them properly! This was about my one well struck iron of the day, it actually went about 10 yards longer, the road at the back of the green is out of bounds and it was over that so I pulled it back in play. Now if only I could figure out how I hit that one....

image0.png

So, I think my solution to the gw is just to replace it with a 48 degree specialty wedge. I will come back to it again as my swing improves after this 6 week rough patch.

Back