New SLDR "C" Series Driver, Fairway Woods, and Rescue Hybrids

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that makes it ok to bash the club before you have even had it in your hands? I've heard the same stories but how does that make it ok to bash a club or company? The Big Bertha was quite forgiving for me but I didn't see the distance I was getting with the SLDR. Now that Callaway has come out with a new BB based on the logic of this thread I can say they are crap, rebranded, re badge even though I haven't hit it.

Don't disagree.

I went back just 4 pages and below are the quotes that were posted and yet the argument is we're unbiased, only give true feedback, only real word testing yet not one of these individuals has touched this club. Had this happened in a another thread(Callaway)I'm sure it would have been much different.
Please explain to me why anyone would or should buy a driver with less adjustability for the same exact price or for even a higher price. How would that make any sense at all? I don't need to hit it to see that.

Its always funny to me how having an opinion which differs from others is attacking something. Funny how that works.
I have been very guilty of that. I understand why it happens.

So that makes it ok to bash the club before you have even had it in your hands? I've heard the same stories but how does that make it ok to bash a club or company? The Big Bertha was quite forgiving for me but I didn't see the distance I was getting with the SLDR. Now that Callaway has come out with a new BB based on the logic of this thread I can say they are crap, rebranded, re badge even though I haven't hit it.

I went back just 4 pages and below are the quotes that were posted and yet the argument is we're unbiased, only give true feedback, only real word testing yet not one of these individuals has touched this club. Had this happened in a another thread(Callaway)I'm sure it would have been much different.

It's fun quoting one of my like 14 comments in here that takes my entire opinion out of context.

I've mentioned multiple times that I enjoy TM products and even have multiple in my bag. I've also discussed and mentioned in at least semi eloquent ways why I feel this is a bad idea as a product from a business perspective having nothing to do with how the club performs at all, so I don't need to hit the club. That's actually the only negative thing I've said at all. Never once did I say anything about how the club performs in the slightest bit.

In the end, if this is a box store club they produced for cheap prices as an entry level product, then nothing in this entire thread even matters since it's not really even a marketed club. It's basically a snake eyes driver with a TM logo.

Don't disagree.

So people that have experience with the previous versions and didn't like them having a opinion is bashing. But what I find amusing is that you have never hit the club either so how can you defend it? Yeah, maybe the SLDR was good for you and you hit it a mile but there is absolutely no way of denying they fact that it was one of the most unforgiving drivers put out in a long time. THP has people from all different handicap ranges. Guys that can hit the sweet spot a majority of the time will see massive distance and probably absolutely love this club. For me, I don't hit the sweet spot the majority of the time and the SLDR, SLDR-S, and Jetspeed were absolute TURDS for me. Emphasis on FOR ME. Why in earth would I think something with the same name would be any different? That's not bashing TM, that's having experience with a product and having terrible results.

Don't disagree.

If you said that the 815 Alpha was a rebadging, you would be very wrong.

Remember the SuperDeep.

That was a great club.

Please explain to me why anyone would or should buy a driver with less adjustability for the same exact price or for even a higher price. How would that make any sense at all? I don't need to hit it to see that.
Not sure what your actually asking or what that has to do with what I said? All I was pointing out it was we're not as biased as some make us out to be.

Remember the SuperDeep.

That was a great club.
So was the Ping G20. Have almost rebought it many many times

Not sure what your actually asking or what that has to do with what I said? All I was pointing out it was we're not as biased as some make us out to be.
How is my comment biased? Fewer options for more money is rarely ever a good thing. Whether it's from TM or someone else. explain my bias, please.

Who exactly is we? The person with a completely TaylorMade bag getting bothered by countless people presuming this club to be nearly identical to the SLDR/Jetspeed, which in their experience was an inferior club? There is a BIG difference between bias and experience. And I'll be that 90% of the people posting in here would give it a rip if they saw it sitting in a demo bin, and share unbiased feedback with the rest of THP. It'll never happen because this release has about as much hype as the next Maxfli boxed set, but this thread seems to beg to differ.

So people that have experience with the previous versions and didn't like them having a opinion is bashing. But what I find amusing is that you have never hit the club either so how can you defend it? Yeah, maybe the SLDR was good for you and you hit it a mile but there is absolutely no way of denying they fact that it was one of the most unforgiving drivers put out in a long time. THP has people from all different handicap ranges. Guys that can hit the sweet spot a majority of the time will see massive distance and probably absolutely love this club. For me, I don't hit the sweet spot the majority of the time and the SLDR, SLDR-S, and Jetspeed were absolute TURDS for me. Emphasis on FOR ME. Why in earth would I think something with the same name would be any different? That's not bashing TM, that's having experience with a product and having terrible results.

I think you need to go back an read some of the post. Calling a club crap or saying it's rebranded when you have no facts to back up your statement is not an opinion. It's a false statement and IMO bashing. I have no opinion on this club cause I have not hit it. Therefore I'm not defending it. I'm just stating that it's getting old that every time I open a TM thread the bashing begins.

Additionally, I didn't say you bashed TM I'm referring to all the negative comments about this club.

I am not sure I see the need for this club? It looks exactly like a SLDR without adjustments? What is the point when you can find the original SLDR for the same price? Reading the description from TM I am not sure how this will be any more forgiving than JEtspeed or SLDR?

"The distance of an SLDR is rooted in its low-forward CG location, which you'll find in the entire SLDR C family."
Brian Bazzel

7bbbf9bb17006b4e1f2b1393461e8ad8.jpg

Who exactly is we? The person with a completely TaylorMade bag getting bothered by countless people presuming this club to be nearly identical to the SLDR/Jetspeed, which in their experience was an inferior club? There is a BIG difference between bias and experience. And I'll be that 90% of the people posting in here would give it a rip if they saw it sitting in a demo bin, and share unbiased feedback with the rest of THP. It'll never happen because this release has about as much hype as the next Maxfli boxed set, but this thread seems to beg to differ.

We is this community. I'm not bothered that people don't like TM. I really don't give a ****. Play what you like. I do. I'm just stating that in my opinion people are quick to judge with no biases for their information. Isn't that what THP is all about? Unbiased feedback. Realworld experience in the hands of the average golfer. If anything look how bothered everyone got when I posted my response. But I guess only those opinions matter.

I was wondering something and believe me it's out of curiosity as opposed to an agenda or fueling the war that has become this thread. I just don't know the answer.

Speedbladez were low spin high launch yet forgiving and are generally accepted as a solid set of irons. So why didn't that translate to the woods for many? Was it CG forward or something else?

We is this community. I'm not bothered that people don't like TM. I really don't give a ****. Play what you like. I do. I'm just stating that in my opinion people are quick to judge with no biases for their information. Isn't that what THP is all about? Unbiased feedback. Realworld experience in the hands of the average golfer. If anything look how bothered everyone got when I posted my response. But I guess only those opinions matter.

The club looks like SLDR and Jetspeed had a baby. It's not a bias to say it probably won't hit any differently, I'd argue it's informed based on previous experience. People want TaylorMade to move on from that line because for many, it was a bad, BAD offering. Glad you like yours, and I bet no one really cares that you play it if it works for you...

Also, you're reaching by saying people don't like TM. I don't love TaylorMade the way i used to (the R9-R11 years were glorious and ohhhh man xFT) and I absolutely hate what they have done with their company through the SLDR year, but that doesn't mean I/we "hate" them. They are just not on the track that is best in my opinion..... or I suppose if you want REAL unbiased you need not look further than the pathetic numbers the company generated last year..

People get bothered when you call them bias, especially when there's little to stand on in that argument (and even moreso because your signature would at least SUGGEST you're a TM homer). Rather than attack the opinions or reasoning for opinion of others, why not just have yours and use good logic to defend it? (Pro tip: "You are biased" isn't good logic)

Seems like I have some catching up to do. Has a club company ever released a cheaper model of an existing model, then release another model even cheaper?

That club was awesome.... And for an even smaller group of golfers hahahaha!
Crazy to think that it was a higher spinning driver than the SLDR

I will have to disagree. There is enough feedback on callaway and other OEMs that people have provided about not liking a product. From what I am reading there are a bunch of TM homers defending a product they haven't hit against a bunch of people who have experienced the previous versions of this driver and had no success and as a result don't think this version will work for them either. also a lot of people saying from a business decision they can't understand at a company would go backwards in releases and the same homers got their britches twisted.

I like TM a lot. Until very recently I gamed the R1. I previously gamed RocketBladez irons. I really like the Aeroburner and nearly bought it instead of the G30. But I don't back away from my Titanic comment. If the company had done anything with the low / forward CG to improve forgiveness they'd be trumpeting it like crazy. They aren't so we know they didn't and that means we don't need to hit this one to know what it is.

The club looks like SLDR and Jetspeed had a baby. It's not a bias to say it probably won't hit any differently, I'd argue it's informed based on previous experience. People want TaylorMade to move on from that line because for many, it was a bad, BAD offering. Glad you like yours, and I bet no one really cares that you play it if it works for you...

Also, you're reaching by saying people don't like TM. I don't love TaylorMade the way i used to (the R9-R11 years were glorious and ohhhh man xFT) and I absolutely hate what they have done with their company through the SLDR year, but that doesn't mean I/we "hate" them. They are just not on the track that is best in my opinion..... or I suppose if you want REAL unbiased you need not look further than the pathetic numbers the company generated last year..

People get bothered when you call them bias, especially when there's little to stand on in that argument (and even moreso because your signature would at least SUGGEST you're a TM homer). Rather than attack the opinions or reasoning for opinion of others, why not just have yours and use good logic to defend it? (Pro tip: "You are biased" isn't good logic)

I'm not reaching in the least. It's obvious and your kidding yourself if you don't see it. I have seen it and witnessed it many times here. Again I'm not "bothered" just stated it's getting old.

Lastly I'm not sure why you keep defending yourself about not hating TM. I never assumed or stated you did. I actually think you have somewhat of an open mind and actually enjoy reading your feedback.

It's my unbiased opinion that TM is making a huge mistake with this SLDR C line. They are going backwards, and that's never a good thing.

Based on this being part of the SLDR line, chances are it will play very similar to the current SLDR clubs, otherwise why in the world would they go with the SLDR name? The SLDR line has been out for over a year and people have made informed opinions about the line. I think you and bobcat are kidding yourselves if you think that this SLDR C line is going to play any different than the other SLDR clubs.

And as you can see, I currently play an SLDR driver. Fortunately my misses are usually lower on the club face, and therefore not as heavily penalized as misses towards the heel or toe. However, even though I love my SLDR driver, I can admit that it is a horrible club for a lot of the golfing population.

I will have to disagree. There is enough feedback on callaway and other OEMs that people have provided about not liking a product.

I never said there wasn't. You're absolutely correct. One question though. How many started like this one and a few of the other TM thread?

From what I am reading there are a bunch of TM homers defending a product they haven't hit against a bunch of people who have experienced the previous versions of this driver and had no success and as a result don't think this version will work for them either.
I will only speak for myself. I'll say this again. I never defended the product. The part in bold in your quote would have been more along the lines of what you would have seen in those other threads you mentioned. That would have been useful information. That's what people come here to read about isn't?

also a lot of people saying from a business decision they can't understand at a company would go backwards in releases and the same homers got their britches twisted.

I don't understand it myself but their not my responsibility.

And for what it's worth I would say this regardless of the OEM. I'm not high strung on OEM like some believe it or not.

It's my unbiased opinion that TM is making a huge mistake with this SLDR C line. They are going backwards, and that's never a good thing.

Based on this being part of the SLDR line, chances are it will play very similar to the current SLDR clubs, otherwise why in the world would they go with the SLDR name? The SLDR line has been out for over a year and people have made informed opinions about the line. I think you and bobcat are kidding yourselves if you think that this SLDR C line is going to play any different than the other SLDR clubs.

And as you can see, I currently play an SLDR driver. Fortunately my misses are usually lower on the club face, and therefore not as heavily penalized as misses towards the heel or toe. However, even though I love my SLDR driver, I can admit that it is a horrible club for a lot of the golfing population.

I don't disagree with you on that. Probably is a mistake but again I'm not defending the product. There is a difference between constructive criticism and clogging up a thread useless infomation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back