Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

I said it on twitter. But with my brief time with the driver, it seems like the first driver that actively makes the game easier and amateurs better.

This is really amazing to hear. I wasn't really interested in this until I read this comment.

I said it on twitter. But with my brief time with the driver, it seems like the first driver that actively makes the game easier and amateurs better.
Have you hit the Cleveland HiBore or older Nike SQ drivers to compare to? Those are all really high MOI drivers as well. Comparison as far as forgiveness? I'm stoked myself to give this driver a shot. My worst club in the bag is driver, so I'd love to find something that'll help even a little.

Who doesnt want something that makes the game easier? Golf is hard enough hehe
I got told I don't respect the game because I used a Niblick because it made the game easier. So, there are some that don't.

I'm intrigued to hit this one, plus, Blue won't leave em alone about the damn thing hehe. I'm just not fond of their stance on adapters, at all. Companies need to get over that and put them out there like others have begun to do.

I'm just not fond of their stance on adapters, at all. Companies need to get over that and put them out there like others have begun to do.

We have talked quite a bit about that. It's a shame too. I would have grabbed the VRS last year if adapters were easier to get.

I got told I don't respect the game because I used a Niblick because it made the game easier. So, there are some that don't.

I'm intrigued to hit this one, plus, Blue won't leave em alone about the damn thing hehe. I'm just not fond of their stance on adapters, at all. Companies need to get over that and put them out there like others have begun to do.

That is one thing that frustrates the heck out of me. I am hoping a clubfitter can get this adapter off if I get it and if the B Asha ends up in my hands. I don't know for sure if I can buy this if someone cant get the adapter off

We have talked quite a bit about that. It's a shame too. I would have grabbed the VRS last year if adapters were easier to get.
Yup. I just don't get it, to me they gain nothing and instead LOSE by taking that stance. I need a driver I can make quick swaps in, both for tinkering and reviewing sake.

And some people are goons hahahhaa. If it is legal and it can make me better I am interested.

hahaha

Yup. I just don't get it, to me they gain nothing and instead LOSE by taking that stance. I need a driver I can make quick swaps in, both for tinkering and reviewing sake.

Last year Nerfny wanted that driver. Here was the situation though. She hit it at a Nike demo day on their LM. The ladies flex was too weak for her according to them. So she needed to up a different shaft. The shaft she plays now is an Aldila NV 55-A flex in her Nike Dymo2(which I got those adapters from china and work like a charm). She liked the coloring of the ladies driver and headcover better then the mens. But Nike wanted $120 for that shaft with the tip on it. Plus the cost of the driver. No thanks, we passed. If adapters were available she would have had that in the bag with her set up and been happy.

I just tweeted to Nike to see if they will comment on the availabilty of adapters this year

I'm moderately interested. Depends on how big the head looks in person. My VRS looks like it is growing! Glad to hear it performs!

I just tweeted to Nike to see if they will comment on the availabilty of adapters this year

^^^^^This, will be what determines if I even try them.

I really never thought I would be concerned about adapter/shaft availability. After getting the B Asha, the adapter option is a MUST and the lack thereof will push me one way or another. I will for sure be having my fill of swings with the stock options, but to be able to bring it home requires an adapter being available.

I really never thought I would be concerned about adapter/shaft availability. After getting the B Asha, the adapter option is a MUST and the lack thereof will push me one way or another. I will for sure be having my fill of swings with the stock options, but to be able to bring it home requires an adapter being available.

In an age where now you can get an adjustable driver seemingly everywhere, I think it's silly to not offer it. I think you are somewhat limiting your product at that point. Now this is only from the consumer side and I understand their problems with it, but damn it kills me.

I won't say that adapter availability will be the be-all-end-all with this driver and me....but if it isn't widely available, and the stock options aren't the best for me, I'll definitely have to go elsewhere. But I'd love to give the stock shaft a swing and see.

You can get them kinda sorta, but it's incredibly inconvenient. Last time I had it done was when I had a Dymo str8fit. It involved sending it away and having them install it, then send it back. While the $25 wasn't that big a deal, not having a shaft for a week and a couple days was a big of a frustration.

I won't say that adapter availability will be the be-all-end-all with this driver and me....but if it isn't widely available, and the stock options aren't the best for me, I'll definitely have to go elsewhere. But I'd love to give the stock shaft a swing and see.

Same goes for me. I dont really know anything about the stock offering so I am intrigued to hear more about it

You can get them kinda sorta, but it's incredibly inconvenient. Last time I had it done was when I had a Dymo str8fit. It involved sending it away and having them install it, then send it back. While the $25 wasn't that big a deal, not having a shaft for a week and a couple days was a big of a frustration.

I asked one of the Nike Reps in the area if I could do that and he said no. I agree the time waiting is awful, but even that I wouldn't be completely opposed to. I bought some Dymo Str8 fit ones off ebay from some person in china. They have worked like a charm for Nerfny

In an age where now you can get an adjustable driver seemingly everywhere, I think it's silly to not offer it. I think you are somewhat limiting your product at that point. Now this is only from the consumer side and I understand their problems with it, but damn it kills me.
I agree. It makes no sense to not provide them IMO. At all.
I'll be honest, lack of adapters are a turn off for me now in a major way. When I can go Cobra/TM/Callaway and get them easily compared to Nike/Cleveland/Titleist, I'll always lean that way.

I'll be honest, lack of adapters are a turn off for me now in a major way. When I can go Cobra/TM/Callaway and get them easily compared to Nike/Cleveland/Titleist, I'll always lean that way.

True, and when you are a staff reviewer here (or even just a tinkerer) adapter availability is definitely a key point for sure.

I agree. It makes no sense to not provide them IMO. At all.

my problem wih the titleist ones are the price. But if I had a driver for them I'd buy them

I asked one of the Nike Reps in the area if I could do that and he said no. I agree the time waiting is awful, but even that I wouldn't be completely opposed to. I bought some Dymo Str8 fit ones off ebay from some person in china. They have worked like a charm for Nerfny

Well hopefully something like that will be available for the Covert.

I am ainxiously awaiting Blus feelings on this driver. Him saying it makes the game easier made my ears perk up

That's weird. Edwin Watts, 5 minute phone call of who to ship it to. That part was seamless. The wait was unbearable haha. Though those Chinese ones seem to do just the job and there's little turnaround and you probably got more than 1 for the cost.

Back