Northern Trust Open *SPOILERS*

I agree with one thing he said today though. If Ping wants to fix this whole mess with the groove rule, it only takes one letter and one signature.

Back to the tourny, this one looks to be very promising for some great golf tomorrow. Lots of holes left for some great play and hopefully a solid finish.

Did he seem flustered to you throughout that whole Tiger commentary? I swear he looked like he started sweating and couldn't look directly at the camera as he was criticizing Tiger.

I'm sure it's just in my head, but I thought he looked nervous about criticizing Tiger so bluntly. ("He has damaged the game of golf.")

You know, I really never noticed that and thinking back it seems he was rolling his head a bit, so your likely right, but I do remember the look on Rogers face when Johnny made the "Bad for Golf" comment. He wasn't too sure he wanted to be in that frame or two, lol.

I agree with one thing he said today though. If Ping wants to fix this whole mess with the groove rule, it only takes one letter and one signature.

I actually agreed with both his PING comments and his Tiger comments. I'm agreeing with Johnny . . . on two things at the same time. Oy vey!

As for PING, I am absolutely certain that they will wave the settlement with regard to the pro tour and have the pre-1990 Eye 2s treated like all the other "nonconforming" grooves (i.e. 2010/2014/2024 rules). I mean, it's not like PING can sell the club anymore. And it's been 20 years since they could.

But you can hardly blame PING for wanting to grab a little free advertising before they do it. And boy are they getting it. And it's not negative either (with regard to PING it's neither negative nor positive, but they are getting their name, and the Eye 2 model, mentioned all the time.) Also, I'm guessing, PING wants the USGA to approach them (preferably on bended knee) to initiate the discussions. Which they should. The USGA botched this from the beginning.

Tournament is getting good. I don't think I've seen Philbert's full swing tempo look this good in a while. Putting is back to meh though.

I believe its a new 2010 KiaMa, but I could be wrong. I thought he used a Kia last year too.

I think you are right, JB.

How about the "Burner" hat as in Burner Superfast. Dustin and Jason Day are 2 of the golfers who have the Superfast in play.

And that hole in one yesterday...with a Penta TP.

Sorry, I sound like a TM comercial. hehehe:act-up:

I don't mind Johnny. Like any announcer he can be annoying at times, and a bit full of himself. However, I enjoy the fact that I can watch golf (especially in the frozen north), and I can always turn down the sound and turn up the tunes.

They've having/showing the final round today....are they crazy?!?! Everyone else will be watching the Super Bowl, like me :D

What's up with Luke Donald's outfit? Blue and white pin stripe pants with a hot pink vest? Now I love a man in pink but to me that looks like a ladies outfit. So far I am not liking the RLX stuff.

What's up with Luke Donald's outfit? Blue and white pin stripe pants with a hot pink vest? Now I love a man in pink but to me that looks like a ladies outfit. So far I am not liking the RLX stuff.

Lol, you're right. He looks like a maitre de at a pastry shop. Ishikowas red pants about blinded me.

I agree, but not because of the colors. I think it's the cut of the vest and the sleeves on the shirt that make it look more feminine.

Re: Northern Trust Open *SPOILERS*

just me I guess, but I think donald's threads look sharp. those pants are sweet. and the vest is soooo good.

perfect for him.

Im with GG on this. I dont like the entire thing. Separate they may work, but not together. And the RLX buckle does not work with it.

i think he looks good. not for me but he pulls it off. i didn't even notice his belt buckle. i'm a fashion spastic though.

I personally like the cut to fit polos along with the vest. I think if he wore a white visor instead of the navy and wore just plain navy pants then it could. Those pinstripes are throwing me off. I think pairing him with SS also helps since SS is looking a little blah.

I could tell that JB Holmes is gaming the ZL. I could hear that aluminum bat through the broadcast.

Quite the "ad" for the ZL huh? He has missed about the last 7 fairways it seems. hehe

Its bad. Great pants, but with a shirt that does not match at all.

I'm definitely liking the trend of players moving away from the floppy sleeve. I have to thank Tiger for that. Fit pants, not so much.

Quite the "ad" for the ZL huh? He has missed about the last 7 fairways it seems. hehe

I think he's still playing bomb and gouge.

I think he's still playing bomb and gouge.

quite possibly the most irritating guy to watch. all those weird twitch-like movements in his preshot routine, 13-20 practice swings, all of it just drives me crazy....... he's just slow.

Ishikawa's caddy is wearing a matching outfit to his, just shorts.

Nice to see Phil still signing for fans after a tough round.

Whats up with all the dead looking trees?

Nice to see Phil still signing for fans after a tough round.

A certain someone could certainly learn to emulate Phil, hopefully he is watching the tourney.

Christie Kerr? Michael Jordan? Warren Sapp? Kobe Bryant? There are dozens of players that never sign or sign next to nothing.

Back