Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop ruining my Versa love. Haha

I will have a MXM Versa #9 when they are released. Might even upgrade to the black shaft.

I have grown to a bigger fan of the versa insert. I just wish the white wasn't so...white.

I was scoping out Versa #2's last night. Only issue with the #1 has been lack of an sight line and the #2 has one.

I have grown to a bigger fan of the versa insert. I just wish the white wasn't so...white.

That's what I like. I much like the WBW versions better than the BWB. Not sure why but I like the black sight line a bit better.

That's what I like. I much like the WBW versions better than the BWB. Not sure why but I like the black sight line a bit better.

What's crazy to me, I never minded the white clubs from Taylormade. I love the Spider Ghost that I have, but the white and black of the Versa was just to busy for me.

To each - their own

What's crazy to me, I never minded the white clubs from Taylormade. I love the Spider Ghost that I have, but the white and black of the Versa was just to busy for me.

To each - their own

Very true.

For me though the white is close enough to the color of the golf ball that I don't even see the golf ball. If just focus on keeping the black line square to my line.

• So I am probably going to be in the market for some kind of swing analyzer in an effort to take golf more seriously and really try to improve my game this season. I have a net on the way and will be purchasing a hitting matt soon to complete my practice set up. I am thinking of adding a swing analyzer type machine to the mix along the lines of a swingbyte , etc. Before I do I guess there are a few things I am definitely looking for, club head speed, carry distance are the top two but I also want to be able to tell if my club is open/closed at impact. I have read some of the reviews of these devices on THP but would like to hear if anyone had any good suggestions for a device I should target based on my set up and what information I am looking for.

Adams Idea Black CB3 5 and 6 iron on the bay, $145 shipped. HMMMM sounds interesting

• So I am probably going to be in the market for some kind of swing analyzer in an effort to take golf more seriously and really try to improve my game this season. I have a net on the way and will be purchasing a hitting matt soon to complete my practice set up. I am thinking of adding a swing analyzer type machine to the mix along the lines of a swingbyte , etc. Before I do I guess there are a few things I am definitely looking for, club head speed, carry distance are the top two but I also want to be able to tell if my club is open/closed at impact. I have read some of the reviews of these devices on THP but would like to hear if anyone had any good suggestions for a device I should target based on my set up and what information I am looking for.

I want to say that the SwingByte 2.0 was the one Jman liked the best.

Smart Square. I know I shouldn't be... but I really can't stop thinking about it.

I want to say that the SwingByte 2.0 was the one Jman liked the best.

If you understand the basics of the swing and don't need tips/explanations in program then the SB 2.0 is the best there, it is just raw info without lots of frills. If you need/want more explanation, then you can't beat the SwingTip.

Considering building some clubs for the wife, with shafts and heads that would be more successful for her.... the blades I have sitting around for her might not be the best choice.

Big bertha alpha 9* +2, draw, gravity core UP, Matrix 6Q3 stiff, I think so!!!

I dare ya!

y8arutaz.jpg

3e5uzugy.jpg

I've had the same irons for about 6 years now and I'm definitely going to update them soon. I've been testing a bunch of different ones(indoors unfortunately though), and the 2 I like the best and got the best monitor numbers from are the Mizuno JPX EZ and Amp Cell. Before I buy them though I'm gonna wait till I can demo them outdoors(hopefully later in the week if the weather forecasts are correct) I can't wait.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

This may be a dumb, fooled by the LM ponder, but I'm considering a 712U driving iron. It was more forgiving than I expected, I loved the ball flight and it was a great feeling club. I don't what it is about heavier clubs, but I find it easier to correctly release heavier clubs and keep them on plane.

I'd have to hit this many more times to even consider this as an option for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This may be a dumb, fooled by the LM ponder, but I'm considering a 712U driving iron. It was more forgiving than I expected, I loved the ball flight and it was a great feeling club. I don't what it is about heavier clubs, but I find it easier to correctly release heavier clubs and keep them on plane.

I'd have to hit this many more times to even consider this as an option for me.

I hit blugold's Callaway X utility iron and found the same thing to be true. They are much more forgiving than expected and they really launch the ball. Never did get around to buying one though.

I hit blugold's Callaway X utility iron and found the same thing to be true. They are much more forgiving than expected and they really launch the ball. Never did get around to buying one though.

I didn't see any wild mis hits like I see with FW's and hybrids, just a little short. These seem like a good option to use on par 4's where you absolutely need to hit the fairway or second shots on par 5's. It may not hurt to try a few different shafts in this too....

I didn't see any wild mis hits like I see with FW's and hybrids, just a little short. These seem like a good option to use on par 4's where you absolutely need to hit the fairway or second shots on par 5's. It may not hurt to try a few different shafts in this too....

Exactly. Think I was hitting the PXi shaft. Really responded well and have me a great ball flight.

Pondering some Cleveland 588 Hybrids and thinking if I should get two to replace my Cobra Amp Cell 3/4 Hybrid. Man they sound so good and look amazing.

Pondering some Cleveland 588 Hybrids and thinking if I should get two to replace my Cobra Amp Cell 3/4 Hybrid. Man they sound so good and look amazing.

U should have at least 1...fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back