Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang. Saw a craigslist ad from the same guy offering the Srixon staffer, and I see this Tour Yellow stand bag.

01111_fn0NECpqgT1_600x450.jpg

Called him and he's sold them all. Damn!!!

Dang. Saw a craigslist ad from the same guy offering the Srixon staffer, and I see this Tour Yellow stand bag.

That sucks Nate. That yellow is snazzy!

JM

That was quick. That white/blue on the left side is a pretty sweet bag.

I am agreeing with you here Dan. Would love to carry that one in the summer.

Very true, if I don't walk away with a staffer when I check his place out, I might just pick a stand bag up.

Shafts shafts shafts for woods and hybo something lower spinning than UST AXIVCORE black(i believe) in x flex

I've been pondering a GPS watch for a little bit now. I love my SGXw I just don't think I need it all the time.

That said, I can't get out of my head the value between watch vs having a rangefinder for practice sessions to know exactly how far each flag is.

Still pondering a 54° wedge. Keep checking out the 588 RTX's and the MD2's...

I've been pondering a GPS watch for a little bit now. I love my SGXw I just don't think I need it all the time.

That said, I can't get out of my head the value between watch vs having a rangefinder for practice sessions to know exactly how far each flag is.

I have had the same ponder for a while. And a buddy of mine from Canada that now lives in Ohio talked me out of it a few times.....

I have had the same ponder for a while. And a buddy of mine from Canada that now lives in Ohio talked me out of it a few times.....

You should listen to your buddy from Oklahoma that lives in Oklahoma.

More than worth it.

I thought u would game the sgxw til the end of time.

I'm riding out year 2 of the contract then reevaluating

You should listen to your buddy from Oklahoma that lives in Oklahoma.

More than worth it.

Any one in particular?

Range finder for practice sessions and watch for rounds. That's that I do

Any one in particular?

I'm fond of the Bushnell, mainly bc I don't need the scorecard feature, but I honestly think they are all worth it. So damn easy and useful.

Range finder for practice sessions and watch for rounds. That's that I do

I just take my laser out to the range now, the laser watch combo is lethal.

I thought u would game the sgxw til the end of time.

I'm riding out year 2 of the contract then reevaluating

I'm not changing it. Serious rounds and full 18s will more than likely include the SGXw, however, I know my course inside and out. taking it out for weeknight 9s has seemed like a bit of overkill when I'm just working on my game.

I'm not changing it. Serious rounds and full 18s will more than likely include the SGXw, however, I know my course inside and out. taking it out for weeknight 9s has seemed like a bit of overkill when I'm just working on my game.

Love my laser. Just easy and efficient. Greatly prefer it over GPS units

I like having both :)

I'm fond of the Bushnell, mainly bc I don't need the scorecard feature, but I honestly think they are all worth it. So damn easy and useful.

I just take my laser out to the range now, the laser watch combo is lethal.

The functionality of having both for sure awesome. I have the bushnell v3 and garmin approach s4. The laser comes in handy for shooting pins when trying to hit the green and shooting hazard distances. The watch is easier to get a quick yardage assessment and it keeps score. Ive not tested the bluetooth functionality since I dont have an iPhone

Both is the way to go for me too. I only pull the laser if I'm close in and need a number. The watch takes care of the rest and is convenient.

Both is the way to go for me too. I only pull the laser if I'm close in and need a number. The watch takes care of the rest and is convenient.

Same here

I can't tell you how many times I'm at a range feeling useless about swinging because I don't buy into the numbers being represented to each flag. I suppose a rangefinder only half solves that with crummy range balls, but I always think about how much more productive I'd be if I knew the numbers for sure.

The guys who have rangefinders... Do you always take it to the range?

I can't tell you how many times I'm at a range feeling useless about swinging because I don't buy into the numbers being represented to each flag. I suppose a rangefinder only half solves that with crummy range balls, but I always think about how much more productive I'd be if I knew the numbers for sure.

Its on my bag, so I guess its there, but I almost never use it.
At the range for me its almost always about targets, but getting there multiple ways. Play it high, play it low, etc. Dont care what club it takes to get there, I will figure that out quickly and then work on the different shots.

I will laser a few flags out there to see what is what. Typically I find the 150 yard flag, and then just base it off that.

Haven't had the chance yet...but ill certainly work on dialing in distances and trying to hit the flags with the correct clubs etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back