Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try the Mizuno t5's?
Have hit them a few times, but certainly not extensively. I did prefer the Vokeys. TBH, the Edels felt good and had the best combination of numbers. It's just a matter of determining whether I will be OK with that shape for at least a couple of seasons.

Seriously pondering going from the R1 to the G30. Anyone gotten the chance to compare the two?
I game the R1 and have been demo'ing the G30 like crazy, especially the SF TEC. The G30 is longer - a lot longer for me - but wants to go right (less so with the SF TEC, but still a bit) and sounds better to me. For me the R1 has been the most accurate driver I've gamed. I like the G30 a lot more with the Tour 60 shaft.

Srixon Z series 545 irons and driver. Spent a few minutes with them at pgatss and am highly considering taking two hours out of my vacation and getting a full bag fitting from them. Drivers would be G30,545 and BB815. Irons would be 545 and vapor speed and pro

You should give the 545s a rip. They remind me a TON of the J40 CBs, with a cavity for forgiveness and weighting in the toe. Plenty of turn when you want it as well.
Definitely need to hit those extensively as well. The only issue is I've gone full #internetgolfer mode and now own three sets of blades lol. I do have a cb set and was looking to add a muscle cavity type set. The 745 are it for me. Just like how I really enjoyed the j40 cb, I really do like a bit more mass behind the zone. Could be ego but I prefer to call it preference :) that said, I won't look over the 545. If they feel like the 745 and the pocket cavity doesn't feel clicky or hollow I would have no issues gaming them.

Im playing 18 holes today and using 3 different drivers.
Callaway 815 Big Bertha Alpha
Cobra Fly-Z
TaylorMade R15

Going to hit 3 tee shots per hole (got permission from course which is kind of them).

I will update the driver threads respectfully afterwards.

Looking forward to your thoughts...especially the cobra

Good stuff JB, I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the Callaway the most but all 3 are starting with good feedback in the golf world.

1db59149ada061992d67af3b507c26d4.jpg

I have several ponders at the moment. Club wise not so much at the moment, but more game improvement.
Lessons, practice netting and possibly a SIM. The golf area of the man cave is ready.
Quit going out of town and we can sim it up.

Cobra Fly-Z
TaylorMade R15

Going to hit 3 tee shots per hole (got permission from course which is kind of them).

Woohoo! Feeeeeedbaaaaaack! Love it!

Cobra Fly-Z
TaylorMade R15

Looking forward to that feedback. What setting do you plan on having the weights in for the R15 and Cobra?

I think its because they seemed to be quite forgotten this past year, mainly because of how good the Apex were. No one is saying its a bad thing at all, its just a little surprising to see those pondered over Apex.
I never thought of it like that. Maybe I need to get these side by side. I'm a newb with the x2hots

I never thought of it like that. Maybe I need to get these side by side. I'm a newb with the x2hots

Meh, rock what you dig brother! So many golf options out there for all of us, ya know?

Definitely need to hit those extensively as well. The only issue is I've gone full #internetgolfer mode and now own three sets of blades lol. I do have a cb set and was looking to add a muscle cavity type set. The 745 are it for me. Just like how I really enjoyed the j40 cb, I really do like a bit more mass behind the zone. Could be ego but I prefer to call it preference :) that said, I won't look over the 545. If they feel like the 745 and the pocket cavity doesn't feel clicky or hollow I would have no issues gaming them.

Hey man, game what makes you happy -- But adding some forgiveness and mass behind the ball is going to make consistency improve, contact improve, and might even help your launch a bit. All good things.

No clicky or hollow feeling for me, and I've been playing blades all year.

I hope the driver tech of 2015 is awesome, because I dislike a lot of the new headcovers... Good thing I've got a solution for that.

The R15 is my favorite of that group, but yeah none of those would be in the bag.

New set of irons and a 3 hybrid. Wilson D200 vs Apex irons. Thinking of going combination between the two. I really have no idea but I'm excited to figure it out.

For hybrids, I Really want to hit the D200 hybrid and the Titleist 915H. I love my 910H so we will see.

I might just scrap all that and end up with a new wedge :)

New set of irons and a 3 hybrid. Wilson D200 vs Apex irons. Thinking of going combination between the two. I really have no idea but I'm excited to figure it out.

For hybrids, I Really want to hit the D200 hybrid and the Titleist 915H. I love my 910H so we will see.

I might just scrap all that and end up with a new wedge :)

That sounds like a crazy combo set.

Id take a full set of D200's and run for the hills

That sounds like a crazy combo set.

Id take a full set of D200's and run for the hills

Can you just tell Wilson to release them already?!

Yea I'm definitely over thinking it at the moment. I'm all in on trying to figure it out though.

Garsen putter grip...

Can you just tell Wilson to release them already?!

Yea I'm definitely over thinking it at the moment. I'm all in on trying to figure it out though.

You in a hurry to hit balls in the snow lol

both are solid sets no matter which route you go

Adams XTD Irons. Just absolutely loved them during a fitting yesterday so I'm on the hunt for a good deal. Golf Galaxy has 3H, 4-PW for $500. We shall see.

Dear god I'd never pay $500 for them. Even if you have to wait a few months, that's a $300 set of irons max. Not based on performance of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back