Official Jon Rahm thread

Happy to see Mackenzie Hughes’ 2024 get a hell of a lot better with Jon’s suspension. Little silver lining for us up north 🇨🇦

Not relevant.
Half of all majors since Rory last won one have been won by LIV golfers. Buncha no talent has beens.

You can look around and you won’t find a bigger Rory guy on this forum than me. But, this is a relevant point. We can argue that Sergio, DJ, Reed, Phil, and maybe others are in fact washed up and maybe make a valid point. But you cannot argue it is not a relevant talking point..

Just checked the stats. The most disliked and dishonest players are on LIV.

Phil Mickelson
Brooks
Reed
Sergio

Most loved, respected and talented are on the PGA tour>

Rory
Tiger
JT
Scottie (World Number 1)
Viktor Hovland

You can look around and you won’t find a bigger Rory guy on this forum than me. But, this is a relevant point. We can argue that Sergio, DJ, Reed, Phil, and maybe others are in fact washed up and maybe make a valid point. But you cannot argue it is not a relevant talking point..
The only player on LIV who has a realistic chance to win a major is Rahm. Brooks is a mental case so I'd say he's done like dinner.

All the best players are on the PGA tour.

Phil Mickelson
Brooks
Reed
Sergio

Rory
Tiger
JT
Scottie (World Number 1)
Viktor Hovland
Ok, you can PM me if you don't want to post it, I gotta know who you really are. This is spectacular troll effort.

The only player on LIV who has a realistic chance to win a major is Rahm. Brooks is a mental case so I'd say he's done like dinner.

All the best players are on the PGA tour.
Man, I am trying to help your cause a little but you keep stepping on the rake..

Pissing about Rory has leaked into the Rahm thread. Gross.

The hate runs deep.
everything emperor GIF

Ok, you can PM me if you don't want to post it, I gotta know who you really are. This is spectacular troll effort.
HA HA - you're kinda funny dude.

If anyone doubts where the talent is located here is the link to the Official World Rankings. Only 1 LIV golfer on it.

Phil Mickelson
Brooks
Reed
Sergio

Rory
Tiger
JT
Scottie (World Number 1)
Viktor Hovland
False- Nobody like's Rory. He's a whiny b*tch.

Cool. I was wrong and that’s stupid.
I’m not sure this is outrageous as you’d like it to be.
It was the point of no return, it was the moment that Rory ruined Professional Golf.

Let me explain:

We have a Golf Civil War, and the PGA Tour made a moral argument and painted all those that went to LIV as “sport washing” & supporting terrorists. Even to the point that they evoked the 9-11 families to help their case in the court of public opinion. They got the Golf Media like Brandel Chamblee & Dan Rapaport to run with it, while Rory served as the Face of PGA Tour. Rory co-signed this moral indignation.

How do we get a reconciliation, if one side has painted the other as supporting terrorists? We can’t, because it’s a bridge too far.

Now Rory’s good buddy Jon Rahm has taken the bag, is he a “sport washer” too? Do all those things that Rory said apply now to Jon Rahm? If so, why does the European Tour need to now change the rules to allow Jon Rahm on the Ryder Cup Team?

This was never about moral outrage, this was always about the money. Rory fought so hard for the Tour & demonized the LIV players because he wanted to preserve his revenue streams, not because he was taking a moral stance about where the LIV money came from. This could have been avoided, and a reconciliation reached, but Jay & Rory fumbled the bag.

Now with Jon Rahm, LIV has 3 of the top 5 players in the World, they always had the money, now they have leverage.

It was the point of no return, it was the moment that Rory ruined Professional Golf.

Let me explain:

We have a Golf Civil War, and the PGA Tour made a moral argument and painted all those that went to LIV as “sport washing” & supporting terrorists. Even to the point that they evoked the 9-11 families to help their case in the court of public opinion. They got the Golf Media like Brandel Chamblee & Dan Rapaport to run with it, while Rory served as the Face of PGA Tour. Rory co-signed this moral indignation.

How do we get a reconciliation, if one side has painted the other as supporting terrorists? We can’t, because it’s a bridge too far.

Now Rory’s good buddy Jon Rahm has taken the bag, is he a “sport washer” too? Do all those things that Rory said apply now to Jon Rahm? If so, why does the European Tour need to now change the rules to allow Jon Rahm on the Ryder Cup Team?

This was never about moral outrage, this was always about the money. Rory fought so hard for the Tour & demonized the LIV players because he wanted to preserve his revenue streams, not because he was taking a moral stance about where the LIV money came from. This could have been avoided, and a reconciliation reached, but Jay & Rory fumbled the bag.

Now with Jon Rahm, LIV has 3 of the top 5 players in the World, they always had the money, now they have leverage.
There is a lot to address and unpack here. Much of it is way to political and I am going to just say I agree with some of it and disagree with some of it as it thinking it is painting with too broad a brush..

This thread is becoming as much of a sewer as the LIV thread.

This thread is becoming as much of a sewer as the LIV thread.
Sometimes you just have to take a step back and marvel at the endurance of this silliness and question why it’s been allowed to continue.

False- Nobody like's Rory. He's a whiny b*tch.
Not false - true. Everyone loves Rory, most respected player on tour. Doesn't whine just tells it the way it is. Be nice Eagle guy.

I was wrong and that’s stupid.
Not really on either account. All Rory said was he understands where families are coming from but there is good and bad everywhere and everything is intertwined now that you can’t distinguish good/bad money. He even said it wasn’t sportswashing by the players when asked.

Back