Official Rant of the Day

That is the worst. I am religious about my dental hygiene and I get a cleaning every 6 months and new x-rays once a year. My cleanings barely take 10 minutes because of how serious I take my dental hygiene so it's usually pretty quick and easy. I went to my previous dentist and had my yearly x-rays and cleaning, then for my next 6 month cleaning I start a new dentist and of course what do they say, "we need to get a new set of x-rays". I JUST had them, but of course they say they do a different kind of x-ray and they need those images to truly understand my dental health. And that will be $350, thank you. :beat-up:
Yep!!! My wife posted our experience on a FB group & lord did many experience the same thing I did. My cleaning & x-ray's took over 1.5 hrs. I mean they took 14 different x-rays...thanks for all the radiation to my head.

Needless to say we will be looking for a different dentist. :D

Yep!!! My wife posted our experience on a FB group & lord did many experience the same thing I did. My cleaning & x-ray's took over 1.5 hrs. I mean they took 14 different x-rays...thanks for all the radiation to my head.

Needless to say we will be looking for a different dentist. :D
And when you find said new dentist, they will want to do numerous x-rays because they can't access the ones from your previous dentist.....

I wore a hoodie and jeans on the course today and didn’t clean my clubs other than a quick swipe now and again, for 54 holes.
I really think you're trying to hurt me.

The x-ray bait and switch game tried to get pulled on us during our last cleaning. I flat out told the hygienist, I can't afford another set of x-rays, so either the one you took 6 months ago will have to do or we take new ones when you see me next time. The shock on her face when I said that was priceless. Needless to say they magically found a way to bill the insurance for my x-ray, lol.

The dentists know that they are going to get paid by either the patient or insurance.

Everyone knows I love animals, and especially dogs, but goodness gracious my new neighbors dogs bark a lot. I am not mad at the dogs, I am mad at the owners, if you know you have very loud barking dogs (they have 2) keep them inside! I hear them all hours of the day and late into the night too.

To add to this, when I let Arrow out to do his business in the backyard they come running up to the fence and go nuts, and Arrow just stands there and stares at them like they are crazy. The HOA here only allows rod iron fences so the dogs have clear view of each other.

5am start to 7:30pm finish is a long day.
That was my day yesterday as well but the last 3 and a half hours I can't complain about

Everyone knows I love animals, and especially dogs, but goodness gracious my new neighbors dogs bark a lot. I am not mad at the dogs, I am mad at the owners, if you know you have very loud barking dogs (they have 2) keep them inside! I hear them all hours of the day and late into the night too.

To add to this, when I let Arrow out to do his business in the backyard they come running up to the fence and go nuts, and Arrow just stands there and stares at them like they are crazy. The HOA here only allows rod iron fences so the dogs have clear view of each other.
Our puppies and the neighbor dogs go bonkers when they see each other. We have aluminum fencing and our fences are about 3 feet apart. The dogs sprint back and forth in their respective yards and killed a lot of the grass in both yards. 🤦‍♂️ It’s a team effort for both of us to stagger their yard time, but man all 4 dogs are frustrating!

Our puppies and the neighbor dogs go bonkers when they see each other. We have aluminum fencing and our fences are about 3 feet apart. The dogs sprint back and forth in their respective yards and killed a lot of the grass in both yards. 🤦‍♂️ It’s a team effort for both of us to stagger their yard time, but man all 4 dogs are frustrating!

I don't have a problem with them letting their dogs out to go to the bathroom or run around for a bit, my issue is that they leave the door from their house to the backyard open so the dogs come and go as they please and anytime they are outside they bark, the entire time they are outside. There is nothing out there but them, but they still bark. That's my issue. If you know your dogs bark every time they go outside, how about only letting them out when you are with them to try and help control it so you aren't disturbing your neighbors all day, every day.

That is the worst. I am religious about my dental hygiene and I get a cleaning every 6 months and new x-rays once a year. My cleanings barely take 10 minutes because of how serious I take my dental hygiene so it's usually pretty quick and easy. I went to my previous dentist and had my yearly x-rays and cleaning, then for my next 6 month cleaning I start a new dentist and of course what do they say, "we need to get a new set of x-rays". I JUST had them, but of course they say they do a different kind of x-ray and they need those images to truly understand my dental health. And that will be $350, thank you. :beat-up:

Denstists will always overtreat, IMO. I only go for a cleaning once every 12 or 18 months even though they would like to see me every 6 months. I have them do x-rays every 3-5 years. In my 20's I didn't have dental insurance(opted out with my employer) When I did go in for a cleaning at age 30 they told me my teeth looked perfect and when I told her I hadn't been to a dentist in 8 or 9 years she was shocked, lol. I must be blessed with good enamel as the only fillings I had were two small ones as a teenager and another small one not requiring novacane a few years ago at age 52.

Denstists will always overtreat, IMO. I only go for a cleaning once every 12 or 18 months even though they would like to see me every 6 months. I have them do x-rays every 3-5 years. In my 20's I didn't have dental insurance(opted out with my employer) When I did go in for a cleaning at age 30 they told me my teeth looked perfect and when I told her I hadn't been to a dentist in 8 or 9 years she was shocked, lol. I must be blessed with good enamel as the only fillings I had were two small ones as a teenager and another small one not requiring novacane a few years ago at age 52.
I quit getting X-Rays 6 or 7 years ago. I haven't had my wisdom teeth removed and he tries to schedule that every single time I go see him. I'm like no, I don't teeth pulled out of my head that aren't bothering me 1 iota stop asking. I like my dentist too, he's a really nice guy, but come on, the used car salesman bit with these services is ridiculous.

I don't have a problem with them letting their dogs out to go to the bathroom or run around for a bit, my issue is that they leave the door from their house to the backyard open so the dogs come and go as they please and anytime they are outside they bark, the entire time they are outside. There is nothing out there but them, but they still bark. That's my issue. If you know your dogs bark every time they go outside, how about only letting them out when you are with them to try and help control it so you aren't disturbing your neighbors all day, every day.
I can’t stand that! Our neighbor dogs (and maybe ours) can be yappy turds, but they get called in when they’re being annoying.

this is how i am. i’ll go once a year at most, but i’ve gone over 2 years. when i go in they always say how good my teeth are. i wouldn’t say i’m crazy about my teeth, but i take decent care of them. i just HATE going to the dentist.

...you are not allowed to call people sir or ma'am...
I've been doing it for years."Yes, sir." "No, sir." "Three bags full, sir."

Not to mention the problems your "not allowed" theory would cause for the US Military.

Guy post picture of Mizuno Forged 919 irons in a Mizuno group and asks “Anyone ever play these?” Come on man. I just want to respond “Nope. You are the first person in the Mizuno group to have ever wanted to even play the last generation forged irons.”

I wore a hoodie and jeans on the course today and didn’t clean my clubs other than a quick swipe now and again, for 54 holes.
Heathen!!!!!! :LOL:

I'd ask them what "frequency" of X-rays they use for their X-rays vs the other dentist! It's a fairly narrow spectrum!

And when you find said new dentist, they will want to do numerous x-rays because they can't access the ones from your previous dentist.....

Which should be portable!

I'd recommend that you get a couple of airhorns. When the neighbors dogs go crazy, you should as well. Shake them up good, walk to the fence as close to their house as you can get, and sound off! If their brains aren't as dense as lead, they should get the message pretty quickly!

Not just dentists. most MD's. Part of that is the lawyer's fault, suing the crap out of everybody! Go into the hospital for an itchy a**hole and you will get tested to death!

Hi y’all.

Im exhausted. I need **** to calm down a lick so I can dig back in.

Burp
84705c6111afc16e2ddf6289e476ac1a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Not an exact remedy for your situation however may for the summer....

I had a neighbor that had a yappy poodle and would go nuts every time I walked out the backyard. So one time I sprayed the dog with the water hose.
That quieted up the dog. Next time, I saw the dog, it started to bark and a little squirt with the water and that was the end of it.
Never barked at me again.

You see in Kennel Equipment Catalog, they have a microphone and water sprays for this exact reason.

Not an exact remedy for your situation however may for the summer....

I had a neighbor that had a yappy poodle and would go nuts every time I walked out the backyard. So one time I sprayed the dog with the water hose.
That quieted up the dog. Next time, I saw the dog, it started to bark and a little squirt with the water and that was the end of it.
Never barked at me again.

You see in Kennel Equipment Catalog, they have a microphone and water sprays for this exact reason.

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I am sure your intentions were pure, but if someone did that to my dog, I would end up in jail for what I did to that person with the garden hose.

It's not the dogs fault, it's the owners fault, the dog does not deserve to be punished because its owners are irresponsible.

let me apologize in advance to jb and gg...this is not meant to be a political post.

i am done with the NBA....DONE!!!! first it was all the non-sense over the summer now this. again sorry for the not really but kinda political post. no reason to respond and delete if need be but i am just frustrated with the hypocrisy of our media and professional athletes, who stupid people adore and follow every word they say. again sorry

I understand the apology, but let's please keep politics off of the forum.

There are tons of outlets to share your frustration, but regardless of side, this forum community will remain free of political conversation.

Back