Islander

Reaction score
Handicap
I am sure there are threads on this but I couldn't find any. Anyways, anyone play older equipment because it keeps outperforming newer stuff? I recently got an older Cobra Speed Pro S to fill in until my Adams 9064 got back from warranty work. Now that I have both back, I am hitting the Cobra constantly further and better then the much newer Adams. Just wondering if others have had similar stories.

That's the same reason some of the tour pros play older equipment still.

I went back to my old CG14 SW just a week after buying a new Missy w/ spinner shaft. Just didn't cut the mustard like the Cleveland.

Yeah, I went back to my Ping G10 cause it just works better for me

My irons are a decade old and i really don't have any serious intention to switch despite my constant ponders. I played a driver from 2007 up till last month and in all honesty might switch back.

If it works play it. Saves money and frustration. I'm still sporting a R7

I still play the Adams F10 3 wood, if that's old.

I ponder the i20's just because. But the truth is my 2008 Callaway irons are great.

I'm still playing a R580XD and when I hit it I drive it further than all my playing partners. I've tried other drivers but nothing suits me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still using a Steelhead 3 wood, and cleveland TA3 form forged. Also I swap in an Acushnet bullseye putter that's probably 50 or 60 years old occassionally

Old Cleveland 588RS 60* and can't fathom a day it won't be in the bag.

Still playing the TEE 15* 3 wood, it will be leaving the bag after the outing as it has suddenly quit working as well as it did before. :D

Still playing the TEE 15* 3 wood, it will be leaving the bag after the outing as it has suddenly quit working as well as it did before. :D

The RBZ is calling your name.

I am sure there are threads on this but I couldn't find any. Anyways, anyone play older equipment because it keeps outperforming newer stuff? I recently got an older Cobra Speed Pro S to fill in until my Adams 9064 got back from warranty work. Now that I have both back, I am hitting the Cobra constantly further and better then the much newer Adams. Just wondering if others have had similar stories.

I'm playing older irons and much older putter(s). I've never believed that you have to have the latest to play well. As pointed out, many pro's play some older stuff.

I went back to my old CG14 SW just a week after buying a new Missy w/ spinner shaft. Just didn't cut the mustard like the Cleveland.

What the hell Duey you didn't like that Epon forged perfection?

The RBZ is calling your name.

Actually I am hearing the Wilson Fybrid RS calling the loudest, the RBZ did not seem to be any better than the CB 15* for me.

Actually I am hearing the Wilson Fybrid RS calling the loudest, the RBZ did not seem to be any better than the CB 15* for me.

Go for it man, I'm obviously biased :)

Interesting thread as I was going to ask the same question last night but got busy. Last week I switched back to my old Adams A4 irons (not too old as I bought them in 2009) as I was finding my shot dispersion getting too loose with my new irons. Having played 4 rounds with them I am now wondering why I ever went away from them as they really seem to suit me well.

I believe some of the pros will use older equipment so it can't be all that bad to do so.

Whenever the 599RS wedges come out?

Possibly. However, when the 588s were relaunched last year they didn't come with an RS model; ergo, it's probably dead.

What the hell Duey you didn't like that Epon forged perfection?

Negatory fine sir, I was spraying that thing like a yard hose. My baby is back, YEAH!

My irons are a decade old and i really don't have any serious intention to switch despite my constant ponders. I played a driver from 2007 up till last month and in all honesty might switch back.

Same here, I am playing a set of forged Apex plus's they feel so pure and like nothing else on a well struck shot. I went and hit a bunch of "newer" clubs at a demo day and just didnt find any that had that same wonderful feel.

Same here, I am playing a set of forged Apex plus's they feel so pure and like nothing else on a well struck shot. I went and hit a bunch of "newer" clubs at a demo day and just didnt find any that had that same wonderful feel.

I have dreams about owning Apex Pluses. The one time I saw a brand new set I couldn't afford it :(

Back