Overall Best Region for Golf

I've lived in Alabama and Colorado. Not sure which one is better. Prices are maybe a little higher in CO, but the summer weather is amazing, and actually most of the winter. And it's awesome to hit monsters in that altitude!

Having lived in Mobile, Alabama, I will say that the RTJ Golf Trail is great. There are some great courses all throughout the state.

love it here in florida, I have 10 courses within 15 minutes of me. I play a great course for 15 bucks a pop.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Still look at full 12 months a year golfing for it to be the best region. And while NC can get that some years, many years its not there.

I will just stick with the Southeast as a region. That would encompass FL, GA, NC, SC. You can't beat that.

Agreed. Still look at full 12 months a year golfing for it to be the best region. And while NC can get that some years, many years its not there.

I can play in Western NC year round, you can certainly play East of here year round, and South Carolina is just a toilet flush away. I'll take the Carolinas over any other area in this country. We have Mountain courses, links course, coastal courses, you name it, we have it.

Southwest or southeast

gotta love being able to play in mid January and not worrying about having to pack on the layers.

Yeah not up in the arm pit. A lot of days it's long sleeves, jackety and pants in the winter. Even in Jax. We were playing Amelia Island in March and after the first 18 I had to buy a jacket from the pro shop before the next 18 it was that cold. Must have been dipping into the 50's :eek:

Iowa

No golf at least 4 months of the year. Gives you time to get away from this horrible game.
4 months golfing in freezing temps with rain and wind. Need to give that raingear some time to do its thing.
2 months hotter than balls.
2 months that are pretty decent.

Plus, prices are cheap, you can see people play in tank tops, and hit off some delicious hard pan.

Yeah not up in the arm pit. A lot of days it's long sleeves, jackety and pants in the winter. Even in Jax. We were playing Amelia Island in March and after the first 18 I had to buy a jacket from the pro shop before the next 18 it was that cold. Must have been dipping into the 50's :eek:

:laughing:

I can play in Western NC year round, you can certainly play East of here year round, and South Carolina is just a toilet flush away. I'll take the Carolinas over any other area in this country. We have Mountain courses, links course, coastal courses, you name it, we have it.

I'll take the Carolina's in the 40s over Florida in the 110s (different seasons obviously, but we're talking about year round golf aren't we?)... Sure it goes a bit dormant, but it's still golf..

I'll take the Carolina's in the 40s over Florida in the 110s (different seasons obviously, but we're talking about year round golf aren't we?)... Sure it goes a bit dormant, but it's still golf..

You may want to check the weather info again dude.

I have no qualms playing off of dormant grass either. It's resilient.

The Southeast all day.

I am going to show some city-pride here and say Chicagoland. The quality of courses in Chicagoland is awesome. The prices are very good (although the very high-end courses are quite expensive). And there are good courses everywhere. Indeed, in the last Matty G segment for Golf Digest, he noted the same thing. Illinois (mostly in Chicago area) has hosted a significant number of majors; I think the third most in the country, as well as several premier events like the BMW Championship and Western Open. It also has/will host Ryder Cup and Solheim Cups. Best place in my mind.

All that makes up for the fact that the golf season is short due to weather. But being a major airport hub, I can fly to Florida easily and cheaply (another upside)

Southeast is wonderful for golf and the Carolinas are great. You can get a solid 10 months in NC and from Raleigh we are only a 3 hour drive down to Myrtle Beach SC, which you can pretty much play year round, perfect for weekend golf getaways. More than Pinehurst and Quail Hollow there are hundreds of hidden gems in the Carolinas. Heritage Plantation offers an Augusta feel as do others but there are many wonderful well kept parkland courses as well as some tough windy links by the sea shore. A few places have lights where you can play till midnight which greatly enhances your golfing time. For me I am very fortunate to be able to live and golf in the Carolinas.

love it here in florida, I have 10 courses within 15 minutes of me. I play a great course for 15 bucks a pop.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Florida really is the golf capital of the world. I have 9 18 hole courses with 15 minutes of me and I live in nowhereville. Only 3 of those are private. Another 4 if I up that to 30 minutes drive.

The golfcatation options within 3 hours drive are incredible. I can do over half the RTJ trail, Anything around Jax, Tampa, Orlando, Destin, Panama City, Kinderlou and probably a ton of places I'm leaving out.

I'm saying it again, Maui or more generally Hawaii. If you can beat the views in Hawaii, you're probably dead and in heaven. Between Kapalua, Ka'anapali, and Grand Wailea, there are plenty of fantastic courses. Plus, it's Hawaii.

All day man. Love the golf courses here.

Florida really is the golf capital of the world.

That is why the PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, Hall of Fame and the Golf Channel all call it home.

:laughing:

I trust me I know. I grew up and spent most of my life in NY. People are like "you should be used to cold". It don't work that way. If it's below 70 I'm in long sleeves.

You may want to check the weather info again dude.

lol for which area? I've been in South Carolina for what they deem to be "winter" and it's decent to golf in.. Maybe they miss a couple weeks or two, but I'm looking at it from an "I miss a couple months or so" perspective haha!

I assume it gets easily that hot in Florida during your summer, doesn't it? That stuff wears me out!

That is why the PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, Hall of Fame and the Golf Channel all call it home.

And THP, of course.

I'm saying it again, Maui or more generally Hawaii. If you can beat the views in Hawaii, you're probably dead and in heaven. Between Kapalua, Ka'anapali, and Grand Wailea, there are plenty of fantastic courses. Plus, it's Hawaii.

Ive played twice in Hawaii and it was well over $200 each round and the wind was terrible. Like ruined the round terrible. Sure the views are great and its Hawaii but damn it was windy.

I assume it gets easily that hot in Florida during your summer, doesn't it? That stuff wears me out!

Ummm. No.
We may get some days, but frankly the temps in NC are not that much lower than the temps in FL during the summer.

Ive played twice in Hawaii and it was well over $200 each round and the wind was terrible. Like ruined the round terrible. Sure the views are great and its Hawaii but damn it was windy.

To hell with that! I don't know if there is a golf course on earth worth that.

Long pants w/ a light golf jacket will usually do me fine. Even when I am playing back at my folks place in Savannah, Ga. Obviously there are some mornings when it is a bit fridgid...but usually an afternoon round has the sun out and it feeling great.

FL for sure. There are so many courses nearby and a great mix. I can drive 2 hours to the west coast for some great courses. I'm a few hours from orlando. Under 2 hours from jupiter area. Too many courses to name and they are dirt cheap and empty for half the year. Weather is great year round. Stay near the ocean and it keeps it cool with a breeze during the summer in the afternoon. Winters can get very windy.

Back