Mom and Charlotte had to go to gma's house, I'm sick as hell, pretty sure I passed a gall stone last night now. Not being able to see and hold Lotte is killing me.
Nobody told you? You're going to be sick everyday for the foreseeable future. Part of the joys...

Nobody told you? You're going to be sick everyday for the foreseeable future. Part of the joys...

I don't think gallstones are part of the welcome package for most.

I don't think gallstones are part of the welcome package for most.
Every bundle of joy is different just wait until you catch a sneeze with your mouth.

It must be that time of year, my oldest was at home with me today with a fever, this time of year is never good for kids health! I need to create a bubble around the house!

Rudolph is on CBS at 8am EST for those of you whose kids might enjoy it...bumbles bounce!

It must be that time of year, my oldest was at home with me today with a fever, this time of year is never good for kids health! I need to create a bubble around the house!

That's for sure. From December till February, at least one person in our house is sick with something. My son just got over a stomach bug that was going around his school. It's a miracle nobody else in the house got it. What I have found really does help is to wash hands as often as possible. Also, I'm the last person out of the house every morning. I'll go around with a can of Lysol and spray every door knob, toilet flushing handle, and anything else that gets hands all over it.

Parenting Thread

My 12-year old is a smart one. We believe in the importance of public schools and haven't considered private for her. Her struggle though is staying motivated and being free to explore subjects she enjoys at her own pace. Fortunately our system has some accelerated programs, but she still runs up against limitations in the curriculum.

Last year we stumbled into an organization - SIG, Summer Institute for the Gifted. Sounds like it's for geniuses only, but it isn't. Kids have to be smart to attend, but it's not as extreme as it sounds.

I had my doubts...3 weeks at stay away camp was different than day camp. Didn't like the idea. Didn't like the extra expense though it wasn't that much more...I wasn't ready for this

Turned out to be great for her though. She spent 3 weeks on Bryn Mawr College's campus an hour away. They are very regimented and big on supervision and security while allowing the kids to spread their wings and experience some independence. The curriculum was great and she really enjoyed moving quickly through the subject matter at a faster pace. She studied Newtonian Physics, Crime Solving, Movie Production and more.

Had a lot of benefits and this year I'm looking forward to her going.

So, if you have kids that you think would benefit by an academically advanced experience, I reluctantly have to admit that SIG was a good investment on many levels. I may have to retire in her basement one day, but it was really good for her. If you find yourself in a similar situation, it's worth a look. Wasn't the spoiled rich kid environment I feared. Just some smart kids from varied backgrounds doing interesting things together.

http://www.giftedstudy.org

My son couldn't sleep. So it's cuddle time. I'm OK with it.

b6ab2d306c7517193400565423e24f2f.jpg

My son couldn't sleep. So it's cuddle time. I'm OK with it.

b6ab2d306c7517193400565423e24f2f.jpg

Never a bad thing. Too cute buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate it when my kids get sick. Right now it's my 9 year old, my wife said last night he was very lethargic and not his normal self. This morning he woke up the same way, no appetite and he just didn't look good. I gave him a little while to wake up before taking his temp, he's at 101 so he's home for the day (and so am I). He's usually bouncing off the walls and watching him just stare at his food bummed me out. Hoping some Advil and napping helps him kick this. He absolutely LOVES going to school, so to hear him say he didn't mind missing a day let me know he really was sick.

Love.

10671323_10102345251703752_7940971064796430121_n_zps7c55b592.jpg

I'm going up to play sandman right now :)

Noticed a funky smell in the car today. Went to the back and noticed a dirty diaper. On Saturday the restaurant I was at with the little one didn't have a changing table in the men's room. Not wanting to be one of those folks who winds up on the news for changing their kid on the table, I went to the SUV and changed him in the back ... and promptly forgot about the diaper upon returning back into the restaurant. Whoops. Found it!

I put my son in his seat and the dog in the front seat. Then I can back to this!
e9f5fb94e4c9e9ad1905f3da796805dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlotte vs Bassinet.

Charlotte is winning. Decisively. LOL

Tinkering around with Photoshop today. Glad we got this shot because he was NOT happy to be in the bucket.

5959dcc5e9c755dedda1d0008e7ca000.jpg

Don't know what I would be without this little man.

Day three of a sick kiddo is no bueno. We called his pediatrician yesterday but they had zero open appointments so I ended up bringing him to the next city over to an emergency care clinic. The good news is it's not strep, but it's still knocking him down. Hate hate hate seeing my little guy so tired and lethargic. Another work from home day for me today.

Xmas program last night - always something interesting to deal with.

Boy gets nervous and hot. Face is all flushed.
Boy takes off tie and unbuttons a few buttons on stage.
White chest is everybody's xmas present.

Day three of a sick kiddo is no bueno. We called his pediatrician yesterday but they had zero open appointments so I ended up bringing him to the next city over to an emergency care clinic. The good news is it's not strep, but it's still knocking him down. Hate hate hate seeing my little guy so tired and lethargic. Another work from home day for me today.
Hope the little guy gets better.
Xmas program last night - always something interesting to deal with.

Boy gets nervous and hot. Face is all flushed.
Boy takes off tie and unbuttons a few buttons on stage.
White chest is everybody's xmas present.

Too funny.

Disappointed I will miss my daughters first Xmas program next week due to being out in Chicago. Guess I get to look forward to many, many more.

They are highly overrated Matt.

Back