PGA Tour Hats - 50s to now (from PGATour.com)

BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
Found this today and thought it was interesting......Hope you guys like it!

Good post i like my baseball style nike hats but could rock a nice looking fadora if i found the right one."Hey whitey nice hat did come with a free bowl of soup.."

I watched this last night. It helped me appreciate style a little more than I do now.

That was pretty cool, thanks for posting it.....the scary part is I still have one of those Greg Norman hats in the back of the closet!

Not gonna lie, I have considered a Norman hat. Idk if I can pull it off though....

Hogan/Nelson/Sneed had 'em all beat no matter what we do going forward. They were the cool kids on the block.

Hogan/Nelson/Sneed had 'em all beat no matter what we do going forward. They were the cool kids on the block.

To me, they still are!

They left out the bucket hat (IMO the goofiest looking, other than the sweat band), as sported by Jim Colbert and Kirk Triplett.

Cool post Love looking back at the styles. I prefer a visor head stays a little cooler.

Good video, that was fun to watch. Every time I see Bryce Molder I think he looks like Dr. Teeth.

Cool video. Thanks.

Enjoyed the video, and I agree Nelson, Hogan & Sneed were the true cool guys when it comes to hats, that is why I have always like Payne Stewart, he knew style when he saw it. The Nicklaus knit hat was the goofiest looking thing I have ever seen, I am glad he really did not wear it as a habit.

I almost never wear "Modern" Caps. I love my drivers caps, and wear a lot of fedoras.

Baseball hat for me ... but 50% of the time I go au naturel.

Sweet video. I like the baseball hat or the curved visor, but I've been known to rock the straw-cowboy hat on occasion. West coast urban golf cowboy. Or something ...

Baseball hats all the time for this guy. But I figure I wil lrock the Greg Norman style straw hat when I get old enough to pull it off.

Never liked the bucket hat so I was glad to see it was left out of the video. I like the Greg Norman cowboy hat but here is Nebraska during the first half of the year the winds blows so much I cant keep one on. :cowboy:

The best hats are the free ones you get when you sign up for the USGA membership every year.

Great video! I know I loved watching Payne growing up. My brother and I were always excited to see what he would wear each week. I typically wear a flexfit hat today simply due to comfort and breathability.

That was a nice clip, always liked the baseball hat.

We have the highest skin cancer rate in the world, so I have now gone to a white 2.5 inch brim fedora and leave my baseball caps for a few winter days or rainy weather. I like the panama hats too, but still need to get one. Loved the video!

Like to see some of these sport'n fedora's out there???

I will stick with my baseball hats whenever it's not raining but then out comes the waterproof bucket hat looks terrible but gets the job done.

This is what were talk'n bout yahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
smails-hat2.jpg

This is what were talk'n bout yahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
smails-hat2.jpg

I love it! Now that is a golf hat!

"when you buy a
hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?"

Back