Phil Mickelson Using RBZ 3 Wood

Awesome article, thanks for posting that. I need something I can hit 290 off the tee too.

That's some confidence right there from Harry. Of course he wants Phil to win. That sells more clubs than not winning and having a Callaway 3W in the bag.

Anyone noticed the name that is reading or active in the thread at the bottom?

This is a good move by Harry Arnett, he knows that the proto type will take Phil where he's wanting to be at 290. So marketing in the end will deny the RBZ fairway hype. Remember he's calling this a 5 year war. "Keep your friend close and the enemy closer"

What I find most interesting is that Taylormade made him a custom black one. I guess they knew the press from this would make it worth their while to whip up a black one for a non-staffer.

RBZ Hybrids and Fairway woods are game changers. Forgiving and long. I picked up 10 to 15 easy.

All I know is Phil hit one Hell of a shot into #9 on Thursday with whatever 3W he was using. Bagged the eagle, which at the time, gave him the clubhouse lead after Round 1.

Well, if Phil has it, hmmmm. Maybe I'll try to find a 13*

Darn these gaps

Anyone know what Phil's contract status is with Cally? Is he locked up long term?

RBZ Hybrids and Fairway woods are game changers. Forgiving and long. I picked up 10 to 15 easy.

It's amazing what a longer shaft can do.

Anyone know what Phil's contract status is with Cally? Is he locked up long term?

Sounds like he has one of the more "relaxed" club contracts on tour. Callaway seems to be okay with it since they think it is only temporary before they get their new product out to him.

Well, if Phil has it, hmmmm. Maybe I'll try to find a 13*

Darn these gaps
I will tell you that the 13 Tour TP is really really long for me.

Sounds like he has one of the more "relaxed" club contracts on tour. Callaway seems to be okay with it since they think it is only temporary before they get their new product out to him.

Oh, for sure. I didn't really mean that him playing an RBZ meant he might be shopping around, I was just curious.

Actually from what I heard, it was less about a lie and more about a gap issue. He needed something for different yardage and wanted to try a few things out. Been experimenting with a number of FW woods recently from what I have been told.

He seems to be a tinkerer. A lot guys use or have used it that aren't TM staffers

Damn. I wish I hadn't just bought a new 3wd. Mine doesn't go 290. :p

Very interesting to hear/see this. Picturing Phil with a white fairway/driver...I just cant do it.

Man I don't like this for Callaway at all. Never good for your marquee player to play a different OEM's club

Back