Phil Mickelson Using RBZ 3 Wood

I'm going to paint my RBZ 3 wood black so I can tell people I have the model Phil plays. :)

Hahah thats awesome, and a silly bit awesome idea lol Rocket Bollz Phil's edition

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

People really love making their clubs completely opposite of how they're made. Lol black R11s and RBZs. White supertris white see mores. Just non stop customing!

TT on iPad

Very interesting to hear/see this. Picturing Phil with a white fairway/driver...I just cant do it.

very interesting for sure!!

People really love making their clubs completely opposite of how they're made. Lol black R11s and RBZs. White supertris white see mores. Just non stop customing!

TT on iPad
maybe the next fad will be a line of neon colored clubs..

Apparently, Phil bent the thing to 11.5º, Put in a lighter shaft to help him launch the ball and painted the head black. He also had a lot of lead tape on the thing.

He used it in place of his driver.

Wasn't he gaming his old Titleist 3wood for a few weeks before this switch?

Apparently, Phil bent the thing to 11.5º, Put in a lighter shaft to help him launch the ball and painted the head black. He also had a lot of lead tape on the thing.

He has a driver and 3wood in the bag this week. I'm confused.

TT on iPad

I just have to say interesting. But I like it. I also like the fact it's matte black. It looks like something that I would use. I actually like the look better in black than white. Maybe I need to try one of these RBZ 3woods

That is interesting for sure. Sounds like a Bomber!

That's awesome.

bent it to 11.5? At least with the RBZ that means he only needed to bend it 1 degree hehe

They keep calling it his secret 3 wood on the coverage hehe.

Good for 290. Not bad Phil

Instantly pondering a RBZ

lefty homers. Cue Damaikis

They should be more affordable now. I get a white club and Phil approves. I'm a sheep.

Instantly pondering a RBZ

LOL. I kinda wish I had kept mine just because but I'm happy with my current 3W for now.

lefty homers. Cue Damaikis

You must have missed my post earlier, lol. Too bad I just bought a Razr Fit 3 wood. Darnit Phil! Lol.

Great article about this: http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/201...tealthy-taylormade-fairway-wood-in-china.html

Before the start of the HSBC Champions at Mission Hills in Shenzhen, China, Phil Mickelson pulled out his Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 3-wood and added a TaylorMade RocketBallz 3-wood to his bag.According to Callaway's senior vice president of marketing, Harry Arnett, Mickelson arrived at a Callaway photo shoot last week in Fort Worth, Texas, and told Callaway designers that the Mission Hills course in China presented a problem."He said, 'Here's my dilemma: Because of the course set-up, I'm not going to be able to hit driver. I need to have something that I can hit 290 off the tee. My 3-wood goes about 275 to 280 and my driver goes 305. I can't hit my driver there because if I do I'm in all the junk, but I don't want to hit it 270 because in some cases I may not be able to reach some of the par 5s. What do we have?'"Arnett explained that Callaway is releasing a new fairway wood in a few weeks, but the company didn't have one ready to give to Mickelson for his trip to China.Mickelson brought a TaylorMade fairway wood to Fort Worth and Arnett said he saw the club. While the off-the-rack RocketBallz fairway woods feature a white crown, Mickelson got one from TaylorMade that is black.Arnett said, "We told him, 'Play whatever you want. We've got the prototype coming in a few weeks. If you really feel like this is the best way for you to compete and win, then go for it!'"When Callaway releases its new fairway woods, Arnett said he was confident that Mickelson, who has already tested prototypes of the new Callaway woods, would take the TaylorMade club out of his bag.Before the start of the BMW Championship at Crooked Stick in September, Mickelson pulled his Callaway RAZR Fit 5-wood and added a 9-year-old Titleist 980F 5-wood to his bag. The Titleist 5-wood made the trip to China and Mickelson is still using it.The four-time major winner and World Golf Hall of Fame member shot 66 on Thursday and 69 Friday, putting him tie for sixth, six shots behind Louis Oosthuizen.

Read more: http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/201...made-fairway-wood-in-china.html#ixzz2B5wDLKvG

Great article about this: http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/201...tealthy-taylormade-fairway-wood-in-china.html

Before the start of the HSBC Champions at Mission Hills in Shenzhen, China, Phil Mickelson pulled out his Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 3-wood and added a TaylorMade RocketBallz 3-wood to his bag.According to Callaway's senior vice president of marketing, Harry Arnett, Mickelson arrived at a Callaway photo shoot last week in Fort Worth, Texas, and told Callaway designers that the Mission Hills course in China presented a problem."He said, 'Here's my dilemma: Because of the course set-up, I'm not going to be able to hit driver. I need to have something that I can hit 290 off the tee. My 3-wood goes about 275 to 280 and my driver goes 305. I can't hit my driver there because if I do I'm in all the junk, but I don't want to hit it 270 because in some cases I may not be able to reach some of the par 5s. What do we have?'"Arnett explained that Callaway is releasing a new fairway wood in a few weeks, but the company didn't have one ready to give to Mickelson for his trip to China.Mickelson brought a TaylorMade fairway wood to Fort Worth and Arnett said he saw the club. While the off-the-rack RocketBallz fairway woods feature a white crown, Mickelson got one from TaylorMade that is black.Arnett said, "We told him, 'Play whatever you want. We've got the prototype coming in a few weeks. If you really feel like this is the best way for you to compete and win, then go for it!'"When Callaway releases its new fairway woods, Arnett said he was confident that Mickelson, who has already tested prototypes of the new Callaway woods, would take the TaylorMade club out of his bag.Before the start of the BMW Championship at Crooked Stick in September, Mickelson pulled his Callaway RAZR Fit 5-wood and added a 9-year-old Titleist 980F 5-wood to his bag. The Titleist 5-wood made the trip to China and Mickelson is still using it.The four-time major winner and World Golf Hall of Fame member shot 66 on Thursday and 69 Friday, putting him tie for sixth, six shots behind Louis Oosthuizen.

Read more: http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/201...made-fairway-wood-in-china.html#ixzz2B5wDLKvG

Great response and attitude from Mr. Arnett.

Back